FOR SALE: Ex-Mayfair Hedge Fund Trading Computer Workstation

Ok I see so you were the seller ?

From the ebay link under question and answer

Q: Hi, If set, are the BIOS, Supervisor, HDD & windows passwords known? Does the unit have any defects. Does it have its keys to lock/unlock its access panel? Kind regards, Shaun. 26-May-13
A: Hi, I've run the machine to test it. There are no passwords installed or active that restrict its operations. All settings are factory settings. It as brand new, both keys are attached to the workstation. There are no defects that I am aware of and if there were any, the case, motherboard, psu are all covered by the 3 year year warranty, of who their are 2 years left.the warranty follows the machine not the owner, Thanks, Raz

I'm assuming there aren't 2 Raz's with the same machine.

That is correct. You have earned your Detective Badge.

In light of the above and that £770 isn't a fair reflection of the price , I'll stick with my original offer £2,500.

Hi Raz
Do you have the original packaging still for transport by courier ?
Thanks
Tony

the add actually looks remarkably similar to the one on here,

and its still a buyers market im afraid - although alot of sellers still don't seem to think so
if it says £700 on the add - then 700 it is

unless you were possibly the seller ?

we are all in the same boat here, sure we would all like top dollar for anything we sell
but that's not the reality as over half the country is still skint

better off trying to sell it to another hedge fund

the add actually looks remarkably similar to the one on here,

and its still a buyers market im afraid - although alot of sellers still don't seem to think so
if it says £700 on the add - then 700 it is

unless you were possibly the seller ?

we are all in the same boat here, sure we would all like top dollar for anything we sell
but that's not the reality as over half the country is still skint

better off trying to sell it to another hedge fund

Well I'm not asking you to buy it, nor am I desperate to sell it.

I have been offered £900 for the CPU alone.

So you either buy at the right price, or you don't buy at all.

Anyway, my 'ad' was aimed at those traders that are successful in their trading, have some serious money and therefore appreciate the finer things in life.

Not somebody who spread bets at 10p a point and loses money and therefore has nothing better to do than criticise others fro trying to conduct legitimate business.

Thank You

Well I'm not asking you to buy it, nor am I desperate to sell it.

So you either buy at the right price, or you don't buy at all.

Anyway, my 'ad' was aimed at those traders that are successful in their trading, have some serious money and therefore appreciate the finer things in life.

Not somebody who spread bets at 10p a point and loses money and therefore has nothing better to do than criticise others fro trying to conduct legitimate business.

Thank You

my pc's are fine thanks - i have 14 screens should i ever need them all on at once :)
although it is alittle hard on the eyes

so yes a fairly serious trader - so you should also not make assumptions about others

and always on the lookout for a bargain
if they are 700 on the bay, we will know where to look if necessary

Thank you

my pc's are fine thanks - i have 14 screens should i ever need them all on at once :)
although it is alittle hard on the eyes

so yes a fairly serious trader - so you should also not make assumptions about others

and always on the lookout for a bargain
if they are 700 on the bay, we will know where to look if necessary

Thank you

If you re-read the thread back carefully, you will realise that they aren't available anywhere, let alone eBay for £700.

You have no knowledge of technology do you? Do you even know what an X5690 is?

If you re-read the thread back carefully, you will realise that they aren't available anywhere, let alone eBay for £700.

You have no knowledge of technology do you? Do you even know what an X5690 is?

i have no knowledge at all about anyfing - i am completely fick
i should train to be a hedge fund trader otherwise i will always be dumb

get off your high horse Mr hedge fund
everything's available anywhere at the right price

looks to me like you tried to sell on ebay and only got 700 and have tried your luck on here instead
and seeing as 95-98% loose anyway, because of types like yourself
they would be better off spending the money elsewhere
good luck with the sale

i have no knowledge at all about anyfing - i am completely fick
i should train to be a hedge fund trader otherwise i will always be dumb

get off your high horse Mr hedge fund
everything's available anywhere at the right price

looks to me like you tried to sell on ebay and only got 700 and have tried your luck on here instead
and seeing as 95-98% loose anyway, because of types like yourself
they would be better off spending the money elsewhere
good luck with the sale

You obviously have reading and comprehension deifficulties. I advised you to read the whole thread before you put finger to keyboard, everything that you wanted to know has already been answered.

If only you had the common sense and decency to check before you post.

your selling a PC what else to know that google can't tell us

and why are you selling it, if its that good ?
margin calls ?

Hi Raz
We might not agree on a price but if we do.
Do you have the original packaging still for transport by courier ?
Thanks
Tony

your selling a PC what else to know that google can't tell us

and why are you selling it, if its that good ?
margin calls ?

Raz hedge fund probably closed down like most hedge funds have. Most have a lifetime of 6months to 2 years.

Raz hedge fund probably closed down like most hedge funds have. Most have a lifetime of 6months to 2 years.

Hi ZoZo,

That is correct, it was closed down by it's Creditors, as they were spending their 2% quite extravagantly and lavishly.

I was talking to the Administrators Agent and he said they had paintings on the wall that they paid £10k for, just for decoration.

The only people who got a good deal out of the Hedge Fund are people like me, who picked up some of their equipment at heavily discounted prices to the market.

Hedge Funds are well known for buying the best equipment money can buy . . . .

<cough!>

. . .
. . .

Then take it if the offer's still there (serious)

. . . You have no knowledge of technology do you? . . . .

To pre-empt this question, yes, I have 30 years trading 18 of which have been very IT orientated the last 5-odd of which have been in hedge-fund space.

Bottom line, your selling off top-specced kit which depreciates in resale-price price very very quickly

The fact that a hedgie was the original owner is neither here nor there (and in fact, pound to a pinch of pig-sh1t that level of pc grunt was never required in the first place)

<cough!>

Then take it if the offer's still there (serious)

To pre-empt this question, yes, I have 30 years trading 18 of which have been very IT orientated the last 5-odd of which have been in hedge-fund space.

Bottom line, your selling off top-specced kit which depreciates in resale-price price very very quickly

The fact that a hedgie was the original owner is neither here nor there (and in fact, pound to a pinch of pig-sh1t that level of pc grunt was never required in the first place)

The amount of timwasting bull****ter on this thread is staggering.

Go find something better to do than sticking your nose in where you have no business.

I put up and ad fro some equipment. Period.

I didn't ask for a socio-economic analysis from hypo-schizophrenics.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

Hi Raz
A you haven't replied to my queries about packaging I'm assuming you're not interested in my offer. I am going to go for a new build instead.
Regards
Tony