FinSpreads vs Saxobank

fastnet

Quick question :

I have the excellent free USD/EUR chart from Saxobank open on my screen along with the scrolling prices from Finspreads.

Maybe I am being deceived but it seems that the Saxo chart leads the Fins chart by about 20 secs. . .. could this possibly be the case? Surely the Fins chart should always lead unless you have a totally live feed (not sure how delayed Saxo's is) when price should be the same.

Sorry if this sounds naive but anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Wouldn't it depend on how much each chart is delayed? they are certainly not real-time.

The price you get when it comes to placing a bet is live meaning it could be different to the chart...

That's just what I thought . . . . .Saxobank chart does say that it is live although it's free so maybe it isn't . . .it's difficult to tell for sure since Fins do not offer a spot rate price only futures and Saxo's charts are spot only.

Maybe have a look? It's a good site for FOREX either way.

www.saxobank.com

Cheers

As far as I am aware, the saxo charts are live. I used them for a while in conjunction with cmc's prices and they were always almost identical.

Can't comment on finspreads as I have never used them.

Could have an angle? What is finspreads spread on eur/usd. Also, is the finspread price a spot or forward rate. If it is a forward rate, this could explain the difference.

Rember the Finspread bid/ask is the futures price. (from IMM). The chart is "pseudo-spot"; from what I have heard they work back from their futures price to get the spot. So you have two variables, the calculation variable and any delay variable.

The bottom line is this - don't use the Finspreads spot chart. Use something like saxo or what I use, www.gcitrading.com/fxtcharts

smullaney,
a very good tip about the forex charts. These look
even better than Saxo. Do you actually trade the futures (or
spreadbet) using a chart of the spot market ?
If so, have you found that the difference between the spot and
the futures are fairly tight and consistent ?
I'm thinking of GBP/USD and AUD/USD.
CHeers.

Thanks smullaney,for a good link that provides a better chart than does the Saxo site. :) The two seem to be in sync as far as I can tell but did notice that Capitalspreads prices seemed to lead slightly.

smullaney said:
Rember the Finspread bid/ask is the futures price. (from IMM). The chart is "pseudo-spot"; from what I have heard they work back from their futures price to get the spot. So you have two variables, the calculation variable and any delay variable.

The bottom line is this - don't use the Finspreads spot chart. Use something like saxo or what I use, www.gcitrading.com/fxtcharts

I had a look at the charts above and was surprised to see a big spike down on the Cable chart which doesnt show on other charting packages. Would be great if it was showing a direction for Monday as I went short near the close on Friday, could be wishful thinking though :confused:

Kevin.

I was using the gci charts to trade the Finspreads futures prices - so I was really using the chart to look for trades based on the graph as opposed to checking for pip-to-pip agreement.

I have been looking into Capital Spreads and using their spot SB but have yet to compare the prices with gcitrading.