Finspread chart failure now.

Splitlink

Legendary member
Finspreads chart failure at time of this post.

Watch platform prices--not chart

I've been a defender of Finspreads but lately have found that their charts crash fairly frequently. I have a habit of watching the chart for coming levels. This could be a bad practice, so readers be careful to watch the quotes on the platform and, perhaps, use orders.

Glad to hear that you too have problems. I thought it was my computer. The charts were really good but as you say lately they seem to either crash or be lagging. Most annoying!!

Glad to hear that you too have problems. I thought it was my computer. The charts were really good but as you say lately they seem to either crash or be lagging. Most annoying!!

It's back again now. It happens around Dow opening, too. Very annoying, especially if one is waiting to enter. If the trade is open and stops and targets are in place its not so bad but, still, its a nuisance for chart watchers.

Why not use the Advantage Trader charts instead, more choice of indicators. I haven't made any comparison between the two in terms of lag.

Why not use the Advantage Trader charts instead, more choice of indicators. I haven't made any comparison between the two in terms of lag.

Have you not had any failures with Advantage charts? I'll give it a try but am not too happy with new platform, Probably need practice.

Have you not had any failures with Advantage charts? I'll give it a try but am not too happy with new platform, Probably need practice.
Not any failures that I noticed. Great platform, I really like the charts. But the poor execution speed makes it useless really as a trading execution platform. Notice that the two platforms are synchronized, a very useful feature I have to say.

Fins charts/dealer chart often close completely when there is large movement. Stops one getting in/out I suppose.
Frankly I have been looking at other systems. Fins new system is poor imho. The charts are even worse than the old ones.

Fins charts/dealer chart often close completely when there is large movement. Stops one getting in/out I suppose.
Frankly I have been looking at other systems. Fins new system is poor imho. The charts are even worse than the old ones.

When I used Fins before the upgrade charts were always lagging and freezing, to the extent that they couldn't be used by themself. Seems like nothing's changed.

I've had no problems with the charts on the old platform and they seem to have those on the new platform, too, with my settings on them. I don't ask for much, in the way of add ons but, like everyone else, if the chart is likely to crash frequently it is all for nothing.

I think MT4 and MT5 is currently the way to go with computer EAs providing an assist. All for free too which beats ninjatrader, etc

I think MT4 and MT5 is currently the way to go with computer EAs providing an assist. All for free too which beats ninjatrader, etc
It's coming soon.:) But all is not good with MT4 I think. I found that the execution, at least with market makers to be kind of slow. I want it to be instant and most web application perform better compared to MT4 execution wise. Could be that MT4 have a local setup, while a web application is directly connected to the server. VPS server for MT4 might solve this problem. However, you are right in that, you have with EA's and scripts better control over your trading.

It's coming soon.:) But all is not good with MT4 I think. I found that the execution, at least with market makers to be kind of slow. I want it to be instant and most web application perform better compared to MT4 execution wise. Could be that MT4 have a local setup, while a web application is directly connected to the server. VPS server for MT4 might solve this problem. However, you are right in that, you have with EA's and scripts better control over your trading.

Is there a SB offering MT5?

Yes ActivTrades is a good company. I used to trade live with them. I had to leave them because the spread were to wide, it might be different today though.

Their website is confusing, and seems to include only CFD spreads, not SB.

I think they may be a skin for FXCM
anyways I gave up trying to give them my money.

Their website is confusing, and seems to include only CFD spreads, not SB.
For what I rembember I had an SB account with them. I didn't have any issues with them besides the spread being little bit too wide at the time. Apparently the have variable spread that follows the future looking at FDAX, kind of interesting. If there is no bias against you (that remains to be seen though) the spreads are pretty good, 1-1.5 points on the DAX. For you reference the MT5 platform is very fast, considerably faster while comparing it with the MT4 they also provide. The also provide trading in micro lots which is good for testing.

Last edited: