Financial Alchemy Papers

first move: sell remaining physical gold bullion that is not jewelry and buy phat crypto mining rig... sell plasma and buy some BTC satoshi in impending correction.

Hello world. Happy New Year!

j/k on selling plasma. I haven't done that in a while. I'm not a destitute trader.

I do think that people should do whatever it takes to start mining. You can mine whatever is most profitable and convert it to bitcoin, monero, or whatever else.

There are many people in this world with modest means. The beauty of crypto is that anybody with any level of reserves can get in on it. Just be careful.

Trade 1: buy 1/4 size speculative position of monero (XMRBTC) at $0.01403. for arguments sake, lets say it is 25 units for a total price of approximately $338 USD.

BTW, I plan to trade stocks, options and other stuff in this journal. This is not just a crypto trading journal.

buy 25 XMR at $15.21446
buy 1 BTC at $989.97

Horrible entry points for sure. I would rather have exposure than no exposure at this point. These buys represent small exposure with the reasonable possibility of large upside. Hence, the large drawdown allowance. This journal is "paper" although I am certainly investing/trading in reality.

buy 9 BTC at $982.55. buy 75 XMR at $13.34.

BTC cost basis for 10 BTC position = $983.29
XMR cost basis ro 100 XMR position = $13.81

sell 5 BTC at $1188.90.
new BTC cost basis $777.68 on remaining 5 BTC

awaiting news of BTC ETF decision on March 11

buy 1500 Belacoin at $0.05719 (cheap lotto ticket/ possible scam coin)

What happens to altcoins if BTC goes parabolic again?

I use 2013 as a reference. Bitcoin went parabolic in the spring and fall of that year. The pattern was that bitcoin would break out and the altcoins would have an initial surge, lag in price and then outpace BTC percentage wise in a final burst.

Litecoin was the only major altcoin at that time. In both breakouts, the LTCBTC ratio went to about 0.04- 0.05 from a much lower base. In dollar terms, LTC went from pennies to $8 in the spring (if my memory is correct) and $1-$2 to $49 in the fall. Obviously, large sums were made off catching most of the moves.

In the fall BTC rally, when BTC started to break out from the $130 level, there was an initial move higher in LTC. As BTC gained traction, LTC actually started to fall such that you could buy below $2 again. Eventually there was a span of a few days where every altcoin/****coin rallied hundreds or thousands of percent. Following that, there was a collapse in altcoins/****coins followed by new entries like Dogecoin. The new entries were fueled by FOMO (fear of missing out). Someone sees that their dorm friend just made $5000 from BTC or that their granddaughter is buying litecoin and thinks crypto is the future. They then think they can create their own new thing and cash in. Quark was another example of this phenomenon. Note that at the tail-end, celebrities will tout a coin, or a coin will be tied into a pop cultural phenomenon like the doge meme.

What is the saying? History doesn't repeat but it rhymes or something like that. Today, BTC is making new highs. If the ETF is approved, my prediction is several thousand dollars per BTC this year. Litecoin is a shadow of itself. It is a strong coin, but is now merely a minor player in the altcoin sphere. Many of the better known altcoins from 2013 have seemingly disappeared (PPC, NMC, DOGE, etc.). Litecoin is stagnant in the $3-$4 range. Maybe LTC could rally again to $50 on a BTC parabolic move. Unlike 2013, however, there is no longer only one go-to altcoin choice. The current players are ETH, DASH, XMR, and the ICO (initial coin offering) du jour. In a major rally, I could also see smaller coins like ETC hitting crazy levels like $25 from the current $1.37 or SJCX moving from $0.15 to $12 on a rumour. Something like that.

There are a couple of factors that could make the altcoin move more explosive in the next BTC rally. At the beginning of the 2013 rallies, 1 BTC was affordable for almost anyone. In the spring, you could have bought a bitcoin for $12. One could be had for less than $135 in the fall. Even at the peak of about $1100 on most exchanges, many participants could have afforded one coin. Also, altcoins were mostly in the pennies (or less). Litecoin, the only major altcoin, was a buck or two. Nowadays, many new participants may be priced out of 1 bitcoin if the price reaches $3k plus, and there are altcoins holding prices in the teens and higher. If there is a major BTC move, many new participants may just start paying hundreds of dollars per the altcoin of their choice. This is just speculation on my part, of course.

If you are playing the altcoin space, play small until the move materializes. Keep wide stop losses if you decide to use them at all. Again, I remember LTC falling from $2.50ish to a 1 handle. If you had stops in place, you would have missed that move to $49. And of course, crypto trading is super high risk.

Final idea: hold your altcoins in your own wallet if you are holding significant amounts. Only use the altcoin exchanges for exchanging.

***Everything that I post is for entertainment purposes only and not to be construed as investment advice.****

Last edited: