Finally giving it (another) go

Hi ET

I really enjoy reading YOUR thread.

Thanks nitrader
I'm learning that there are some strange folk on here. That said, I think I've also received some really sound advice and some good support, so it's proving to be a really valuable place for me.

The point of me posting here was hopefully some more experienced traders would help me out.along the way, and that is happening. I'm now reviewing how I exit trades, and Friday was a perfect example. I made 2 trades all day. Both winners. Previously I think I would have exited both at around 1:1 and been happy. However, thanks to some of the guys on here I exited both at 1:6.
Also, I've started thinking about my strategy and the fact that it will only work in trending markets. All very useful stuff.
As for some of the arguing that goes on........I've got a nine year old son, so it's all very familiar!

ET

I am also in the learning stage but am trend trading shares and not FX.

It is very encouraging to see other people who are appearing to make progress - whilst at the same
time understanding there is no Holy Grail and that a strategy may have to change.
Winning may not last but hats off for having the balls to try it and post it!

Keep it up! I look forward to reading your daily updates.

Gbpusd looks to be trying to push higher, but I'm not seeing much strength in it yet

We had 3 attempts to push higher but it seems not to be happening. I'm short, with stop above the recent highs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-06-08-05-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-06-08-05-26.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 137
Probably worth a quick note to explain one of the ways I am using the cci and macd histogram. Look at the chart on gbpusd. Around 6:50 we pushed higher, and then made 2 more attempts in the next 40 minutes. The cci making noticeably lower highs and the macd histogram was neutral to negative.
Rather than expecting a break out higher it let me think that there was no strength and I was expecting it to fail. For the time being at least.

Morning ET

GU went back to scalp buy after 8 30 am and 5964 area

Trouble is needs over 82/3 to hold scalp buys on longer - otherwise a range of only say 15 -18 pips

Yes under 63 and 58 sells - but over 82 buys

Kudos for making actual REAL TIME/clear calls, ET. win or lose.

Fighting the urge to sell the day right now.
Previous pin bar would be a close stop.
It's not a proper signal yet though!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-06-10-36-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-06-10-36-26.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 198
Fighting the urge to sell the day right now.
Previous pin bar would be a close stop.
It's not a proper signal yet though!

Slightly frustrating as the dax. Has moved in my direction. Hopefully as confidence grows I'll take these trades, rather than just post them!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-06-11-12-27.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-06-11-12-27.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 218