filter for choppy markets

I have an indicator to do just that.Still testing it though and it seems nobody has anything that might work better.
WHat is i-ball? are you being funny with me

:LOL: I think he is.

Do you use MAs? If so, why not put levels around the MA (you can do this in MetaTrader). Say 50 and -50 (pips). A rule could be that if the price is inside the band around it, then you don't trade. I don't know how good this is as I've not tested it; plus you have to decide on the band size for any given instrument you're trading.

Another idea: three fast MAs (eg 4, 8, 12 EMA). If they are pointing in the same direction such that the 4 is above the 8 which is above the 12 (or the other way round), then consider the market to be trending. I wouldn't use this as a signal, though.

I could knock out these half-baked technical indicator ideas all day. I should sell them for £1000 each.

4, 8, 12 EMA, buy the cross above. 3, 8, 12 EMA... 4, 8, 10 EMA... 5, 10, 15 EMA... that's £4k right there already.

3, 8, 12 EMA plus RSI 14. Another £1k.

3, 8, 12 EMA plus RSI 14, MACD 5, 10. Another £1k.

3, 8, 12 EMA plus RSI 15, MACD 5, 10. Another £1k. :D

Get yer technical indicators here. Buy 2 get 1 free.

thank you i will look into the ma's ideas.Like i said before i do have an indicator that suppose to keep me out of flat trends...but i only started testing it today and i'm always on the look out for new indicators it keeps me busy.

I could knock out these half-baked technical indicator ideas all day. I should sell them for £1000 each.

4, 8, 12 EMA, buy the cross above. 3, 8, 12 EMA... 4, 8, 10 EMA... 5, 10, 15 EMA... that's £4k right there already.

3, 8, 12 EMA plus RSI 14. Another £1k.

3, 8, 12 EMA plus RSI 14, MACD 5, 10. Another £1k.

3, 8, 12 EMA plus RSI 15, MACD 5, 10. Another £1k. :D

Get yer technical indicators here. Buy 2 get 1 free.

This is too complicated. Can't you do it in one sentence? Too complicated = no good = fail.

It's not suppose to keep you out of flat trends all the time.Otherwise you will have trending markets all the time.But if it can keep you out of flat trends some of the time it can reduce your losses.It's not some rookie that coded the indicator either.

It is still untested ofcourse so i will just see how it goes

The best you can hope for is this:

Rear-View-Mirror-Sky.jpg