fibs and ma

Don't use MA but do use MetaStock's Standard Error Channel.

I like the SEC because it's very easy to use and easily re-adjusted as the Price progresses.
SEC default is Close/2 and once applied can be copy/pasted to provide additional lines set to values as on chart or fibo values can be used.

The expectation is that the Price will interact with/change direction at the intersection of the fibo/SEC lines.

Chart's a bit overloaded !! arrows indicate where SECs are drawn from.

Attachments

• fibo sec.png
    fibo sec.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 484
haven't tried with MA but have been noticing recently that very useful when combined with regular old fashioned support and resistance channels

I personally use some M A in my trading system(actually 5 and 20 period EMA) and they're that very useful when combined with regular old fashioned support and resistance channels.

Don't use MA but do use MetaStock's Standard Error Channel.

I like the SEC because it's very easy to use and easily re-adjusted as the Price progresses.
SEC default is Close/2 and once applied can be copy/pasted to provide additional lines set to values as on chart or fibo values can be used.

The expectation is that the Price will interact with/change direction at the intersection of the fibo/SEC lines.

Chart's a bit overloaded !! arrows indicate where SECs are drawn from.

Hi - Pls. tell me more SEC & how i can incorporate it with Fib. Retracements to help determine probable price turning points.

Thanks - Mave

I do use both - or rather I refer to both - but also other inputs - these being candlestick patterns, gaps, horizontal suppport /resistance levels, stochastic oscillator, MACD and volume: also pattern confirmation from differing time-frames.

It seems an attractive idea to rely on 1 or 2 simple signal generators and it works pretty well in backtesting, but is much harder in a series of real trades. In any case, the exit (with money) is more important than the entry.

I understand Fibonacci reatracements enough to use them but I couldn't understand it either.

well Mave the title of the pdf is what it's talking about and the last page plus
the prior pages contains all the stepping stones I'm able to provide

I might use it like this. Let's say price were going up, and then started to form a rising wedge onto the fifty fib line, and at the same time, price was falling below the 20 SMA. That would be three good sell short signals to me. I also like to see signals from the $tick or $tirn at fib levels.

hi has any one tried combining fibs with ma as a trading system

I have been using this system for the past 4 weeks and see alot of posibilities in it. But I have alot of questions...Maybe you could call me and we could talk...

Last edited by a moderator: