FIBONACCI ,,,, are they a myth OR a reality ???????

George A

Sorry , had to remove this post .
Some people do NOT deserve this information.
I can NOT believe some of the negative some people dish out
Cheers,
George :cool:

Last edited:
Absolutely, nothing to do with soliciting for people to PM you at all. Oh no :clap:

There are no magic indicators, numbers, ratios, runes, crystal balls, tea leaves and I don't require anyone to send me a PM to discuss it. Both GU and EU have been running like clockwork for weeks. No magic numbers involved.

It should be blindingly obvious what's happening, otherwise don't trade.

fibs_zps61deea90.png

Notice no exits are shown. As is criterion for any forum post.

livetrade_zpsec8f744e.png

Last edited:
There are no magic indicators, numbers, ratios, runes, crystal balls, tea leaves and I don't require anyone to send me a PM to discuss it. Both GU and EU have been running like clockwork for weeks. No magic numbers involved.

It should be blindingly obvious what's happening, otherwise don't trade.
While George A was less than forthcoming when I politely challenged hm a while back on the less than universal application of Fibs to all and every chart, at least Fibs does have a method of sorts - explicated by many, ad nauseum.

You claim your method should be blindingly obvious, but for those of us who remain in the dark, could you put a few words around it?

There's a big difference between lots of words around nothing much at all and no words around something which looks like it could have legs.

I thought it was breaks of prior HH/LLs, but it doesn't quite fit.

Up down up, down up down. Last man in dies :LOL:

Don't seek the great barrier in front of you. Hide and then seek the small gate behind that the angry beast will smash his way through. Then sneak through while he runs into the distance. Just make sure you're well hidden again before he notices because he will come back to beat the living cr@p out of you.

Doesn't need many words, analysis, pontificating, complicating, adding to, making fit, making better etc etc etc. Just watch the charts, draw a ine where you think something might happen and then observe.

Last edited:
nunrguy , and purple rain ,,,,,, I was NOT going to bother with a reply , BUT i thought for the benefit of all the other traders and NEW traders , i have decided to put this forward .
I would like to start with my opinion . and i say everything with all due respect BUT it is how i feel it.
nunrgguy ,,, it SOUNDS and FEELS like from your words that ,, you seem to have a very abrupt and arrogant way of putting your point across .and i feel that you have some kind of a problem that is creating this negative attitude
I also would like to say that , i respect everyone's opinion , and it is NOT for me to knock any persons system OR trading methodology as there are many professional AND successful traders out there, and i do have a professional traders mentality , so this is the ground i will answer here .
IF u do NOT understand something OR did NOT do enough work and research on something ,, OR you can NOT make something work due to any incompetency , then my advise is NOT to knock it , and IF u r NOT prepared to stop and listen ,, THEN MOVE ON , and let people be .
Now in reply to your QUOTES ,,,,,,,,,,,
YOUR quote ,,,"" Absolutely, nothing to do with soliciting for people to PM you at all. Oh no ""
NO i do NOT solicit people , and because FIBS are so deep and hard to figure out , i do extend my help to genuine people who are seeking to know what i have been blessed to see through a private message and NOT in a public forum so i do NOT need to put up with so much rubbish like u dish out .
---------------------------------------------------------
YOUR QUOTE ,,, """ There are no magic indicators, numbers, ratios, runes, crystal balls, tea leaves and I don't require anyone to send me a PM to discuss it. Both GU and EU have been running like clockwork for weeks. No magic numbers involved. """
I agree with 100% on that ,, BUT AGAIN ,, each to their own ,, i have been able to see something with fibs that no one seems to talk about ,, whats wrong with that ????????????????????
Yes i can tell you are a veteran in this business BUT i am also a veteran in life as i am NOT a spring chicken , and i respect your experience and knowledge you have accumulated through ur years of trading , BUT that is YOUR style , system AND methodology YOU have come to see work for YOU through the years , and IT IS exactly the same with me ,, EXCEPT i do NOT knock your ways , and will NOT either , as it would be degrading for MY personality to do so .
And YES they have been working like clock work , BECAUSE they have always been and will always will be , BECAUSE the market IS constructed to FIBS and NOT the other way around ( IN MY HUMBLE OPINION ) , as it has been my findings , and i do NOT need YOUR approval for that , and neither anyone else's , as i do my posts ONLY to share what i have learned with some people who i might be able to help them so they do NOT have to go through the heartache of trying to figure out certain things . ( i am NOT an educator and never will be ).
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Purple rain's QUOTE ,, """ You claim your method should be blindingly obvious, but for those of us who remain in the dark, could you put a few words around it? """

Your QUOTE """"Don't seek the great barrier in front of you. Hide and then seek the small gate behind that the angry beast will smash his way through. Then sneak through while he runs into the distance. Just make sure you're well hidden again before he notices because he will come back to beat the living cr@p out of you.

Doesn't need many words, analysis, pontificating, complicating, adding to, making fit, making better etc etc etc. Just watch the charts, draw a ine where you think something might happen and then observe. """"
I agree with u 100% Purple rain.
At least when i post a chart , i DO have full details on it , BUT , IF someone does NOT understand it , whether due to their ignorance ,, lack of knowledge about this subject , OR any other reason ,, that is NOT a problem for me , and i still respect all , and again now u understand WHY i invite other traders to PM me for that VERY EXACT REASON , SO i can explain further .
ALSO ,, i do NOT speak in parables ,, and you do NOT need to speak in parables . IF u genuinely AIM to help others ,, BUT i do respect your ways .
---------------------------------------------------------------
NOW for the benefit of ALL ,, i have prepared a chart of YOUR GU (POUND / USD ) , which i could see it was an hourly chart , EXCEPT , i have full details and justification for EVERY SWING on that chart which was 6 DAYS worth of market action , and yes it is like clockwork , (IT IS what i expect as a standard ) day after day , its there as clear as daylight for ME.
IF YOU or anyone else can NOT see what i am able to see ,, OR use fibs the way the MARKET and my research have TAUGHT ME ,, again i have NO problem with that ,, and just for the record ,, NONE of the FIBS were drawn to FIT the occasion ,, they ARE based on the market theories i have come to learn on how THEY construct the market on FIBS .
-----------------------------------------
THE MARKET DOES NOT DO A SUNDAY AFTERNOON PARK STROLL ,,, It is MATHAMATICALLY CALCULATED and HARMONICALLY BALANCE TO THE HIGHEST ORDER .
--------------------------------------------------------------
My last word for any NEW trader out there starting out is this ,,,,
"" BE AN INNOVATOR , NOT AN IMITATOR ""
And your motto should be this favorite saying of mine
i AM A ORDINARY PERON ,,,,
I DO ORDINARY THINGS , just like everyone else , BUT
I DO THEM EXTRA ORDINARILY WELL ,, BY paying attention to detail .
------------------------------------------------------------
Here i WILL REST MY CASE

Attachments

• EURO - USD HRLY.jpg
    EURO - USD HRLY.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
NG was basically saying that fibs or any other indicator are far from infallible.
They are an arbitrary mathematical function - you choose where to draw them,
and on which timeframe.
I agree with him.
They are not used in the same standard way by everyone.
As well as that variance in application, how you act on them is a personal decision.

The only universal factors visible to everyone are price levels,
volume and the tape/DOM.
Whether you use the information from one or all of those is a personal decision
How you act on that info is also a personal decision.

The fact remains that price levels, volume, tape&DOM are the only
universal information sources that are exactly the same for everyone.
If fibs work for you, fine, they are still an arbitrary derivative of price though.

NG was basically saying that fibs or any other indicator are far from infallible.
They are an arbitrary mathematical function - you choose where to draw them,
and on which timeframe.
I agree with him.
They are not used in the same standard way by everyone.
As well as that variance in application, how you act on them is a personal decision.

The only universal factors visible to everyone are price levels,
volume and the tape/DOM.
Whether you use the information from one or all of those is a personal decision
How you act on that info is also a personal decision.

The fact remains that price levels, volume, tape&DOM are the only
universal information sources that are exactly the same for everyone.
If fibs work for you, fine, they are still an arbitrary derivative of price though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A very good morning to u Liquid ,
YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD .
What u said is EXACTLY the message i was trying to get to him .
We ALL see different things and find different things ,, and YES the price is the ONLY valid thing , BUT for me i see more to it than that , which i did mention , and that is ,,,, the market is constructed to FIBS and NOT the other way around ,,, BUT , again and with all due respect ,, this IS MY humble opinion and i respect the opinion of others.
Thank you for your input, and i value it .
Cheers,
George:cool:

George A. I may have missed the nuances in your detailed charts and probably lack sufficient focus to do justice to your efforts, but I suspect most of us lacking your obvious passion in your subject need motivation to invest time & effort into something as relatively mathematically abstruse as this when there is so much else to distract.

One way to get the interest of those who would otherwise be disinclined to hang in there with you is to work on a forward basis with a chart of your choice. Starting from where we are right now, explain what levels you expect the price to be 'interested' in and how you personally are going to trade what happens round these levels. Then, if you wish of course, explain your actual trading action with regard to your charts as they occur.

There's nothing like the smell of action and proposed action around the right hand edge to develop an avid interest in any topic - however esoteric or mundane.

George A. I may have missed the nuances in your detailed charts and probably lack sufficient focus to do justice to your efforts, but I suspect most of us lacking your obvious passion in your subject need motivation to invest time & effort into something as relatively mathematically abstruse as this when there is so much else to distract.

There's nothing like the smell of action and proposed action around the right hand edge to develop an avid interest in any topic - however esoteric or mundane.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patrick ,
Your words are like a breath of fresh air , and thank u for that .
Maybe i was a little blunt and direct in my reply approach , BUT at my age i do NOT have time for silly people who just want to disturb the happy environment many want to have in this forum , nor need to tolerate this kind of action , as i am an objective person , and as passionate about helping people as i am about this business , because i know what kind of anxiety and frustration i have been through before my findings , and i am still building on them and going deeper with this subject .
Anything in life we look at will OR may seem hard , does not make sense , or does NOT work when we dont understand them , and this would have to be the case with many , BUT i truly believe that u guys are NOT short on intelligence .
FIBS are extremely easy when one knows the rules OR the theories with which they are used , and they are NOT my rules or theories , BUT they are the theories that i have come to see working day after day on every pair . and hence one will look at my charts and say that they are applied to suit the occasion ( which is totally NOT the case ). they are applied to very strict theories and thats why many will say they can NOT be that accurate , BUT they are so accurate , that i boldly said that fibs are not applied to the market BUT rather the market IS constructed on fibs , and it is expanded and contracted to fib levels . And IF one sees what i see everyday and every swing , they can also be forgiven for making such statements .
Nothing in life is 100% for sure , except the fact that we will ALL leave this world sooner or later , and fibs are NO different , there are dominant major levels , and these levels are subjective to certain conditions , they are hard to explain verbally , BUT far from random . but in life everything is based on high probabilities , but when u have something that has a rate of well 90% , then one has to rely on it .
Cheers,

Thanks for the PM George.

Wasn't destroying anything mate.
Short and to the point is all.

I've written in 1 para of cryptic cra@p and a simple chart more than you're going to in 500 pages of pontificating.

The thread title asks what FIBS are.

Then followed a long post, a couple of cryptic charts showing not very much and a solicitation from your good self for people to contact you by PM for help in decyphering the cryptic runes.

I replied in 4 short words exactly what FIBS are.

You threw your toys out of your pram and deleted it all.

Great debating style :LOL:

Thanks for the PM George.

Wasn't destroying anything mate.
Short and to the point is all.

I've written in 1 para of cryptic cra@p and a simple chart more than you're going to in 500 pages of pontificating.

The thread title asks what FIBS are.

Then followed a long post, a couple of cryptic charts showing not very much and a solicitation from your good self for people to contact you by PM for help in decyphering the cryptic runes.

I replied in 4 short words exactly what FIBS are.

You threw your toys out of your pram and deleted it all.

Great debating style :LOL:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank u ng
Maybe it was an over reaction on my behalf , BUT i felt the 4 words were directed at me and NOT ur thought on FIBS as u just clarified .
NO i did NOT like approach , BUT , nothing personal against you , BUT rather ur action , and i hope u understand , and on my side i NO hard feelings , old enough and a big enough chest to take it .
We all have our ways in life , and more importantly our trading strategies and methodologies in trading , BUT i feel it is very important that respect is extended at ALL times and on ALL levels .
Cheers,

Don't seek the great barrier in front of you. Hide and then seek the small gate behind that the angry beast will smash his way through. Then sneak through while he runs into the distance. Just make sure you're well hidden again before he notices because he will come back to beat the living cr@p out of you.
Hang on a mo, I'll just whip out my yarrow stalks.

Not sure whether you're jesting or if there is a germ of wisdom in what you say, but as with all things cryptic, it's up to the interpreter to read it as best they can which obviously leads to a wide spectrum of possible outcomes - few of which are generally useful in relation to the question posed. The soothsayer is never wrong of course, as the fault lies always in the interpretation.

If you are being serious and very, very deep then your offering has fallen on barren ground in my case, but my thanks anyway for at least taking the trouble. But I'm none the wiser.

The gate behind you is more important than the gate in front :LOL:

Of interest but these great barriers can be broken
dur_zps53b263b3.png

Maybe only a fool draws more than a single point of reference on his chart. Otherwise how is he to know which way is up and which way is down?
rats_zpsfdf9d438.png

Bound to line up with sumthin'
boundtolineupwithsomethingintheend_zps65936568.png

nunrguy , and purple rain ,,,,,, I was NOT going to bother with a reply , BUT i thought for the benefit of all the other traders and NEW traders , i have decided to put this forward .
I would like to start with my opinion . and i say everything with all due respect BUT it is how i feel it.
nunrgguy ,,, it SOUNDS and FEELS like from your words that ,, you seem to have a very abrupt and arrogant way of putting your point across .and i feel that you have some kind of a problem that is creating this negative attitude
I also would like to say that , i respect everyone's opinion , and it is NOT for me to knock any persons system OR trading methodology as there are many professional AND successful traders out there, and i do have a professional traders mentality , so this is the ground i will answer here .
IF u do NOT understand something OR did NOT do enough work and research on something ,, OR you can NOT make something work due to any incompetency , then my advise is NOT to knock it , and IF u r NOT prepared to stop and listen ,, THEN MOVE ON , and let people be .
Now in reply to your QUOTES ,,,,,,,,,,,
YOUR quote ,,,"" Absolutely, nothing to do with soliciting for people to PM you at all. Oh no ""
NO i do NOT solicit people , and because FIBS are so deep and hard to figure out , i do extend my help to genuine people who are seeking to know what i have been blessed to see through a private message and NOT in a public forum so i do NOT need to put up with so much rubbish like u dish out .
---------------------------------------------------------
YOUR QUOTE ,,, """ There are no magic indicators, numbers, ratios, runes, crystal balls, tea leaves and I don't require anyone to send me a PM to discuss it. Both GU and EU have been running like clockwork for weeks. No magic numbers involved. """
I agree with 100% on that ,, BUT AGAIN ,, each to their own ,, i have been able to see something with fibs that no one seems to talk about ,, whats wrong with that ????????????????????
Yes i can tell you are a veteran in this business BUT i am also a veteran in life as i am NOT a spring chicken , and i respect your experience and knowledge you have accumulated through ur years of trading , BUT that is YOUR style , system AND methodology YOU have come to see work for YOU through the years , and IT IS exactly the same with me ,, EXCEPT i do NOT knock your ways , and will NOT either , as it would be degrading for MY personality to do so .
And YES they have been working like clock work , BECAUSE they have always been and will always will be , BECAUSE the market IS constructed to FIBS and NOT the other way around ( IN MY HUMBLE OPINION ) , as it has been my findings , and i do NOT need YOUR approval for that , and neither anyone else's , as i do my posts ONLY to share what i have learned with some people who i might be able to help them so they do NOT have to go through the heartache of trying to figure out certain things . ( i am NOT an educator and never will be ).
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Purple rain's QUOTE ,, """ You claim your method should be blindingly obvious, but for those of us who remain in the dark, could you put a few words around it? """

Your QUOTE """"Don't seek the great barrier in front of you. Hide and then seek the small gate behind that the angry beast will smash his way through. Then sneak through while he runs into the distance. Just make sure you're well hidden again before he notices because he will come back to beat the living cr@p out of you.

Doesn't need many words, analysis, pontificating, complicating, adding to, making fit, making better etc etc etc. Just watch the charts, draw a ine where you think something might happen and then observe. """"
I agree with u 100% Purple rain.
At least when i post a chart , i DO have full details on it , BUT , IF someone does NOT understand it , whether due to their ignorance ,, lack of knowledge about this subject , OR any other reason ,, that is NOT a problem for me , and i still respect all , and again now u understand WHY i invite other traders to PM me for that VERY EXACT REASON , SO i can explain further .
ALSO ,, i do NOT speak in parables ,, and you do NOT need to speak in parables . IF u genuinely AIM to help others ,, BUT i do respect your ways .
NOW for the benefit of ALL ,, i have prepared a chart of YOUR GU (POUND / USD ) , which i could see it was an hourly chart , EXCEPT , i have full details and justification for EVERY SWING on that chart which was 6 DAYS worth of market action , and yes it is like clockwork , (IT IS what i expect as a standard ) day after day , its there as clear as daylight for ME.
IF YOU or anyone else can NOT see what i am able to see ,, OR use fibs the way the MARKET and my research have TAUGHT ME ,, again i have NO problem with that ,, and just for the record ,, NONE of the FIBS were drawn to FIT the occasion ,, they ARE based on the market theories i have come to learn on how THEY construct the market on FIBS .
-----------------------------------------
THE MARKET DOES NOT DO A SUNDAY AFTERNOON PARK STROLL ,,, It is MATHAMATICALLY CALCULATED and HARMONICALLY BALANCE TO THE HIGHEST ORDER .
--------------------------------------------------------------
My last word for any NEW trader out there starting out is this ,,,,
"" BE AN INNOVATOR , NOT AN IMITATOR ""
And your motto should be this favorite saying of mine
i AM A ORDINARY PERON ,,,,
I DO ORDINARY THINGS , just like everyone else , BUT
I DO THEM EXTRA ORDINARILY WELL ,, BY paying attention to detail .
------------------------------------------------------------
Here i WILL REST MY CASE

Far far far TLDNR :sleep:

The gate behind you is more important than the gate in front :LOL:

Of interest but these great barriers can be broken
dur_zps53b263b3.png

Maybe only a fool draws more than a single point of reference on his chart. Otherwise how is he to know which way is up and which way is down?
rats_zpsfdf9d438.png

Sensei say:
Trading very simple. Best trader is MORON.
But biggest MORON is he make trading complicated.
He lose sight of which way up, which way down and end up on forum as vendor selling mystery when there is none.

nurngguy - the hungry rat and cheese candle formation (Nisson will be kicking himself for not coining that one) chart: An almost identical setup occurs the day before (previous vertical line) and yet you don't trade that, which is good, as it would have been a lot of risk for little reward. What differentiates the two setups?

nurngguy - the hungry rat and cheese candle formation (Nisson will be kicking himself for not coining that one) chart: An almost identical setup occurs the day before (previous vertical line) and yet you don't trade that, which is good, as it would have been a lot of risk for little reward. What differentiates the two setups?

Not sure what you're looking at m8 - I'm just using someone elses terms as a joke :LOL:

TBH I only traded EU and GU yesterday because I saw something of interest when I pulled the chart up - as I said in another thread I've not been trading EU for a while as the ranges have been too small for my liking.

GU IMO is just about tradeable as for the rest mainly the yen pairs.

Personally I do look at correlation (briefly) at point of entry just to see across the board which way they may go which does (sometimes help) not getting whipsawed. After that it's in the hands of the gods - it's what happens after you click the button that makes or loses money isn't it? :)

I'm not long atm. I'm waiting for a short but it's not on yet. See the line I've drawn?

The 'cheese' they're going for is the profit potentially being held from yesterdays supply. Depending on how strong the supply is, and it did fall from there a bit yesterday (empty space) it may not get right up there, but there's no short until the tail ender 'me too' entries get there asses wupped. Of course it may blow straight on through.

Which leads to: the more stuff on the chart the more you will start questioning, intellectualising and looking for meaning, when there is none: just like life. And you're really better, especially if day trading, being like the wind.

----------------------------------------------------------
Well i agree with so much lines , one is bound to line up ng
BUT , like i said before ,, Hindsight becomes foresight if one sees it often enough , hence this classic on you pound daily chart ,, what I call ,, 1 X 1 X 127 .
Nice and neat and NO lines . cant get much simpler than that
Cheers

Attachments

• POUND-US DAILY.jpg
    POUND-US DAILY.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 148