FetteredChinos's Blog

last day of the week :)

well, was expecting a solid BUY day with prices running away for most of the day.. looked like that initially after we broke through 10,260 and up to 10,280.

i thought a retest of 10,300 was on the cards at least.

then oil went bananas and the market tailed off into the close. almost breaking yesterday's low, which would have brought an exit at a slight loss.

as it happened, we made a higher low (only just) and it looks like an invers H&S forming on the DOW, so im hoping that the buy-day occurs today,

not entirely sure of the exit. (rules are vague - quelle surprise) but i think exit is at yesterdays high.

eg 10,285.

as im not sure, i think i will exit 2/3 there, and then let the remaining third run with a trailing stop.

thats the plan.

have a good weekend, all.

FC

another week.

well, friday came close to bagging our desired profit, but then the upward move ran out of steam andf we were left with a measly 40 points after spreads as we closed for the week.

still thats yet another positive week. and i shall be watching the daytrade signals more closely as they could have added a further 68 points to the weekly total.

this week, we shall be selling 10,390-10,400 should we get there (unlikely) and buying 10,170-10,180

fingers crossed for more profit.

FC

ps. current stats are..

trades 5
wins 3
losses 2

Gross Wins +250
Gross Loss -110

Net profit +140

28 pts per trade... (not bad, not great, but the -100 hurt quite badly)

rule 1, you do not talk about fight club...

well guys, as per rule one we triggered a long yesterday evening as we hit the inner zone..

long from 10,210 equivalent on the cash. took a dive below 10,190 for a while and got me scared, but seems to have recovered nicely to be sitting on 20pts profit as i type.

could all go wrong as the day unfolds though.

am looking for 10,260-280 equivalent on the cash to exit. may nip out slightly before depending on the strength of the move.

am expecting another chance to enter on wednesday.

we shall see.

FC

bingo bango

wahey. comedy spike up north bagged me a good'un.

closed trade at 10,263 for lean mean 50 points.

current results are

trades 6
wins 4
losses 2
Gross Wins 300
Gross Loss -110

Net result +190

smart.

now looking for another entry at the levels i posted on monday.

good trading, all.

FC

today's day trade

hi guys, now that we have the pattern for the week installed, we will be looking to go short from 10,235 targeting 10,160 area.

this target would move depending on the high achieved during the day.

i wont be taking the day-trade today, and will instead be looking for a long entry at 10,175 on the october futures, hoping for a bounce to end the week.

FC

ah well..

nadgers.

stoppedout at 10,085 for -90

nasty, but it looks like a big old trend week down. Friday should makea further low too.

may look into doing some backtesting to see if it is worth reversing the trade if stopped out by a trend week on a thursday..

hmm

another week, some more levels

right, main levels for this week are SELL dow at 10,120, BUY at 9935 regions..

bit wary about buying the dow at those levels, as the charts look as though they are about to tumble over in style..

results thus far as

Trades 7
Wins 4
Losses 3

Gross Wins +300
Gross Losses -200

Net position +100

hmm, could do with some winning trades for a few weeks...

been away...

sorry, was on the golf course for most of yesterday, so didnt have time to post the trade that was triggered on wednesday late on.

whilst we didnt strictly hit the desired sell level, i went short from 10,125 last thing on wednesday night, as it looked like we were having a 5 pattern week.

target for this move is about 10,020 , or exit at thursday's low (similar area)

as it was, oil went bananas yesterday, and the poor us data / profits warning from MERC sent us shooting down.. didnt quite hit the target, but we still have friday to do that.

was a bit miffed at the strength of the pullback from the lows yesterday. so time will tell whether we will get our target.

good trading,all , and sorry for the delay..

i shot 86 yesterday, in case you are interested.

FC

whoops!

i really must learn to stick with the system rules, or rather, actually take in what they say.

targets from wednesday triggers are approx 70 points, not 105.

so i should have bagged 70 points on thursday, instead of holding out for 105, which in fact resulted in me being stopped out for -20.

must stick to the rules!!

"main" levels this week are sell 10,300 and buy at 10,080 or so.

may get triggered for less on monday or tuesday.

and indeed, now have a sell from 10,260 from pre-market action

we shall see.

FC

nice...

well, the monday dow sell is looking promising.

targeting a dip just below 10,200 today, and then the possibility of a 100+ point rally into wednesday. from which i will be banging in a short at 10,300 and then 10,330 should we get there..

i hope so :)

forgot to update this.

close short from monday for +63 , then went long from 10,197

dipped scarily on tuesday, but then the later action, coupled with wednesday's buy action makes this week look like a 3.

so u i shall be offloading the remainder of my long at 10,260-10,270 and putting in a half stake short there, looking to build up to full size at 10,300 were we to get there.

Genesis has been having a good week thus far :)

long may it continue.

good trading, all.

FC

2005, i make that Pimms o'clock

right, here we go..

have been doing some solid backtesting over the past 3 months as i want to develop a more robust and consistent gain on my P&L. 2004 was only just profitable. not even worth the amount of effort that i put into it.

have looked into various FTSE and FX strategies, and i think i am confident with things going fwd.

basic plan is to go counter-trend on the FTSE, whilst trend-following on Cable.

will document all trades on here over february to see how we get on.

tomorrow is the 1st of february.

28 days is 4 fx trades, and a maximum of about 10 FTSE trades.

fingers crossed.

if profitable, then i will disclose the methods in due course..

good trading all, and may your golf handicaps all improve.

FC

trade 1

looks like a short on Cable from 1.8807 at 2pm. today.

stop at 1.9007. target and reverse at 1.8507.

lets see what happens...

FC

sold another FTSE contract

added a short of feb ftse at 4907.

cable short has improved somewhat.. got to -100 or so and my eyes started watering, but thankfully it has pulled back to a little more than breakeven as i type.

couple more days for it to run at the moment.

:)

another short

loading up at 4972 on feb futures on CS platform..

i sense the retrace is imminent.

Cable short is going great guns at +150 or so at the moment.

nice work, if you can get it.

well, the Cable trade turned out nice again!!

closed for a healthy 236 pip profit..

FTSE short trade still underwater, but it looks as though it is trying to make a move southwards.

next cable trade due at 2pm today.

FC

another ftse short

sheesh, its letting me pile up the positions..

another trade on feb contract..

short from 4984...

lets hope it doesnt run away from here....!!!

forgot to add..

short on cable from 1.8550. target 1.8250, stop 1.8750

FC