FetteredChinos's Blog

Hi FC

Do you reckon the FTSE will fly upwards from 5000?? What's your stop-loss on this one? Have you got any fingernails left?

Regards

Barbs

curses!

ah well, i knew it couldnt last..

Cable short got stopped out for -200. which was nice.

ah well, at least we are trading the system at the moment and not trying to fiddle with it...

5-10 weeks of trades should be enough to see if the method is viable in current market conditions..

running total is +36 from 2 trades..

FTSE shorts still underwater, added another at 5040.

evening with my bear-tinted spectacles, it is looking like a short term top at the least.

FC

loading up..

forgot to add a short on friday night, so added one today.

on rolling cash , short FTSE at 5060.

that's 8 position now.. getting a bit hairy, but should have a decent opportunity to close out at a profit over the next week or so.. ;)

good trading all..

cable update: flicking all over the place, but approx +50 at the moment. going to close out at 9pm tonight.

on another note, made a somewhat random discovery last week on the "1st stochs cross" method.

essentially using Taylor/Angell's 3-day cycle method, and taking the trade when the slow stochs crosses over in the direction of the cycle. yielded +80 from 4 trades last week. definitely some potential there, methinks.

FC

cable long closed..

ah yes...

cable long (as per "here's another one") closed for +36..

making +72 from 3 trades..

took off-overnight though, and could have closed it 12 hours later for another 100pips, but hey, gotta trade the plan.

FTSE shorts coming back the right way at last..

also been experimenting with some new weekly dow systems.

look promising, initially.

FC

shorts closed

and there we go.. my target was hit and exceeded when i got in this morning..

all FTSE shorts closed at 4810 just now. :)

very happy bunny.. total of +1014 points from 6 trades.

took a while for the target to be hit (longer than expected in fact)

but now chanced a long at 4810.

FC

A new start

Right, since I have now returned to the site, i felt like it is time to go back to the old fashioned principles and start posting my longer term trades on here..

most of them last for approx 2 weeks or so, as i prefer swing trading, rather than the little scalps here and there..

I will probably start posting these at the start of december. and my aim is to make 1,200 points on the FTSE next year, and 3,000 on the Dow using the same methods..

Lets see if i can do it.

FC

Good luck with your endeavour, will keep an eye on this. Do you think you'll make the target points mostly on longs or on shorts?