Fast Blips on Open. Please Help

monkey180

Hello,

Please look at the attachment and see that this stock blipped on the open today 4th Sept.

It was so fast, would it have gaped a close stop? Would a stop be triggered in the first place?

I swing trade, and enough of these blips would make the strategy useless, and the P/L ratio would be all out.

Thaks

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 236
could be any number of reasons, including data error.
You didn't give us the stock symbol. Is it a low volume stock? High volatility stock? Was there some news prior to open?

Peter

If you are using a spreadbetting broker that's not even true prices and you are subject to get screwed. A true market chart with NYSE data shows no abnormality at the open. There was also a flurry of filing announcements this morning that could affect prices at open.

Peter

Attachments

• alj.GIF
    alj.GIF
    40.9 KB · Views: 252
Hi there Peter,

Yes I use Sharescope where, did that blip come from then? You can only see it when looking at the MID line price, and not with any candlesticks, shall log into my true broker and see if it came up.

Thanks

I think that it could be a data error, because my charting software does not plot the blip at the previous days low, or affect the PP.

Thanks