Experience Moving To Mexico?

Nope.
Irish.

Being Irish, I have the right to live and work in the UK for as long as I like.

I don't have British citizenship, but I am considering doing what I need to get a British passport. 2 passports are better than 1.

The Irish allows me to move around the EU and hopefully a British makes it easier to enter common wealth nations.
My wife and I sometimes wonder where we would want to live if it were outside the US and we could afford a 2nd home abroad. Nothing serious right now but remote ideas for the future.

Which would be better for our tastes? Ireland or Scotland? My wife and I don’t like cities or built up areas, except for visits when we want activities to do, as we love the countryside.

Yes, I am aware that Scotland has horrible weather. However, having Scottish ancestry in my family’s history may be biasing me perhaps. In fact, my first, middle, and last name are all pure Scottish.

I’ve researched the two countries online but getting replies from real people might give me better perspectives.

My wife and I sometimes wonder where we would want to live if it were outside the US and we could afford a 2nd home abroad. Nothing serious right now but remote ideas for the future.

Which would be better for our tastes? Ireland or Scotland? My wife and I don’t like cities or built up areas, except for visits when we want activities to do, as we love the countryside.

Yes, I am aware that Scotland has horrible weather. However, having Scottish ancestry in my family’s history may be biasing me perhaps. In fact, my first, middle, and last name are all pure Scottish.

I’ve researched the two countries online but getting replies from real people might give me better perspectives.
Goto Facebook and find a community that's in the area you're interested in; as an example, there's a healthy Merida, Mexico community on Facebook.

Hi Nowler,
Have you considered Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)? The benefits are that you can do an intensive course lasting no more than a month and, once equipped with the qualification, you have a ticket to pretty much anywhere in the world - and it'll provide you with a means of support.

One friend of mine lived in Columbia for 2 years, teaching English in an international school. The son of my best mate lives in Seville and teaches English online - mostly to Chinese students. And my wife did it as a means of easing herself out of full time employment. Mature students stayed with us for two weeks at a time, so the money was good as we got the tuition fee plus B&B. It's not an easy qualification to get (i.e. it's very hard work) and you'll have to fork out the fees but, once you've got it, it'll open up your travel and income options considerably. Just a thought.
Tim.

Yes, it affected travel anyway, but only in the first year of covid.
I love to travel a lot)
I was just recently in France, I liked it so much, I will definitely go back there again)