Everything was going so well!

BennyC

So i've been scalping (spread betting) for the last year and I was slowly becoming more successful. I had two and a half weeks in September when I made 500% profits. Ever since this run ended I have been losing losing losing. I have been wondering if watching myself making money and having enough to withdraw the money and buy myself things has made me want it too much?!

Has anyone got any insight into what I might do to get back to my winning ways?

2 simple questions

have you changed anything in your system or strategy or execution since the change ?

Have the market dynamics changed during the same period ?

or both ?

the answer will be here......
N

2 simple questions

have you changed anything in your system or strategy or execution since the change ?

or both ?

N

or 3) were you just lucky and risking too much when you gained that 500%?

yep ........hes highly leveraged thats for sure.......

it seems you learnt rather quickly. I actually made in my first year but then lost the next 3. I realise now it was just luck.If you flick a coin you could get 20 wins on the trot. its a hard game this

Reactions: DDI
2 simple questions

or both ?

N

+1 NVP,

Bennyc - what do you reckon happened in late September which was so disastrous for your strategy, assuming, that is, that you had one in the first place?

+1 NVP,

Bennyc - what do you reckon happened in late September which was so disastrous for your strategy, assuming, that is, that you had one in the first place?

I had a few big losses which damaged my confidence and since I haven't been able to build up the momentum again.

I made money in my first 5 years but then started losing! Why because then I didnt really trade:- Cityindex and finspreads had dodgy price feeds so I just took advantage of it..those days are gone..

you'll find that revenge trading hots your account much more that trading strategy. If you can keep it away from you, you'll succeed. If not, you will fail - even if you have a high prob strategy (which I believe I have)

Same here, my holding had depleted to a sixth pf what it was in a month. Think I became too bullish in a bear market, too confident? Many hard lessons to be learnt in this game!!

I had the same experience in April this year. I was working on a strategy for 15 months and had it running in in simulation from Jan-March with the same results ... All automatically. So I started in April and everything changed. I had 100% loosing days in April ... No target were hidden, entries were stopped quickly.

But I kept trading this mech system through June and surprise, since July everything runs like in the development and simulation phase and like expected and wished .... I figured out that the market behavior was absolute different from the first trading session in April till last trading session in June. Sizes of trades, bid/ask etc was absolute different. Moves were totally different. For me there was a new player/algo in the market for just 1 quarter ... I always see huge changes when a quarter begins and a quarter ends ...

You said you were successful in September ... From October on it went wrong ... So may because of the new quarter and someone figured out the same opportunities like you did or saw that someone was playing like you did and thought it is time to go against you ...

All seen in the entire trader life ...

It happened to all we get victories then we loose a lot in market . You may be become over confident having so much profit . forgetting management rules and analysis make bad at trading. Do trading in low lots now to test your skills again . It is possible with low investment.

T2W said:
resistance
Banned

When we have not much to say and much for the learn so we can't loose in teh forex it can happen that we make at bad trading member so to get banned then we can see our rules is not as much working for making bad post isn't good.

Peter

Teh Leppard is havings big candle between legs. If he loose that motherf***er on you, your will need snorkle to breathe.

So i've been scalping (spread betting) for the last year and I was slowly becoming more successful. I had two and a half weeks in September when I made 500% profits. Ever since this run ended I have been losing losing losing. I have been wondering if watching myself making money and having enough to withdraw the money and buy myself things has made me want it too much?!

Has anyone got any insight into what I might do to get back to my winning ways?

I guess you have to retrace your steps. Something must have changed on your plans, or in the platform that you are using.