Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

didn't particularly fancy the euro today David, you did well to slug it out on that one!....they'll 'slap' around here till we get the breaks on a positional move, not far away on either pair..... :devilish:

Just to remind you user. this is a $1.4 trillion per day market, not a penny stock. there is no insider information!

Hmm, just been stopped out on the high tick of that bounce there, only to see it head south, second time.
Grrrrrrr....

on the futures day session chart chart ie no overnight, this looks like it has got further to go down

Yeah, I was extremely lucky not to get stopped out. One tick!

Still, it's swings and roundabouts as you know Dax. You'll be fine next time.

so, "what's the recipe today Jim".....more of the same one hopes! will certainly be looking to play the range again unless any of those short term lines break :D ....740/50 really needs to go (+ that trendline down from the high's at 800) to see any chance of upward momentum imo....more inclined to short this should yesterday's support break down & further declines thru 630....I guess we'll see...could well tread water now till the major 'news' exerts it's spikey talons on the pairs....

Hey Guys,

What happened there? Where's a good place to get the news? I got sth out of it, though it went to fast I didn't cash out at the bottom.

:D ....a nice 'kicker' for the positional players Lord N.....d'ya mean your "news" calendar or streaming??....

http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/Calendar.html

will give you a take on the weekly news flow, but as for "catching" and anticipating the call on fundamentals.... :confused: :?: .....all you can do is position yourself either side of the market with limits/stops.....Zenda has some very good examples of this strategy on the Forex threads here.....

I mean how do I get immediate news? I don't have access to Bloomberg any more.

What do you mean kicker for the position players? I suppose you mean the guys who thought 1.24 was a good place to go long for 1.30? Yeah, bummer...

What a move! Oh my god!?!

The support level has been taken out, 118 possible for bigger pullback?

I can't see a rate cut this week, maybe that'l push it back towards 125 region?

no, I meant a good kick for those who were actually 'short' at the higher price.....both cable & euro are in down trends & have been since the resumption of the 25th (from the high's).....shorters have been scaling in positions on the pullbacks........a peek at the hourly frame will confirm that the consolidation around the 25th, failed to break thru the high's, thus strengthening the trendline down. Scale shorts were added here (with the trend line acting as buffer/breakout).....a further failure to push north fuelled more shorts on the slide south.

contra trades have maybe been made on the 'long' side to catch the daily moves, but the trend is still down!

Last edited:
now hovering around a 61% Fib from the 20th Jan uptick (8326) & supp camps at 8300 & 8256....see if we get a reaction around here to hold the bears for a while!

hmmm, appears the cable bears didn't think much to the recent CBI trends survey, that coupled with the failure of the recent rate hike to curb ever increasing consumer spending. Ah well, food for the hungry bears hey?... :D .....rate decisions tomorrow this side of the pond & the yankee jobs numbers Friday certainly look like adding to the pot of jittery bulls!!!!....least we have some clear short/mid term levels to spy now......a trendline breach on the daily won't yet worry the Sept bulls too much yet I doubt, but may do enough to trigger profit stops around this level.....the hourly frame now suggests 8650 & 750 are the area's for reaction (more shorts on the pullback?? :D ).....and 8385 north will penetrate yesterday's short term trendline for those 'brave' souls, 8285 south for more bear celebrations!!.....off we go again...............................

sure you're aware (for those that use em), but we've arrived at that Fib from 20th Jan.....8326.

Last edited:
‘technical’ knee jerking & expected strong payroll numbers look to have spooked the euro yesterday…..the untrustworthy eurocrats no doubt have caused some jitteryness ahead of tomorrow’s decision. The frogs & germans want a cut, the rest don’t oooo errrr…..same story on that pair, with a more substantial bust of the Sept trendline, now threatening heavier bull profit trigger stops!….as user commented yesterday, support lines were taken out & 1900/1750 looms ever closer….on the hourly 2350 & 450 look like reaction points…..2230 north & 2150 south the near term channel boundary’s…..very bearish!!!!.... :devilish: