EUR/USD Tomorrow 06.04. sell or buy ?

Teddy7

EUR/USD 06.04. sell or buy ?

I would just like to ask what you think: Do you think there will be a big movement in the EUR/USD currency tomorrow? If so, in which direction do you think it will go?
TX
Teddy

Last edited:
I smell fear and blood in all markets at the moment. Interest rate futures have been brutal recently. I haven't a clue what will happen after the NFP and don't care until I see the figure - no point trying to second guess the number. The danger though is that the number is weak (say 100k) and the euro starts to rally and then in a blink of an eye it tanks.

not bothered which way it goes ( gone ), i'm not playin today. . had my fingers burnt to many times after big drops or rises by staying on the same track.

Hi people!

A newbie here would like to share a bad experience from guessing and trading based on news. It's usally a danger zone.

I went long once on EUR/USD after reading on many sites saying that the consenses for the day's US report is weak. it was somewhere in mid or late april. The price I entered in was about 1.2985 and as expected, the report was on the weak side. the market rallied up to 1.3015 and then it slided downwards. My guess is that peole who went long were closing their position or the bears were hanging around waiting to sell on rallies. And I lost 62 pips. I traded without stop lost because I was sure the report would favor the Euro, which it does but traders around the world have a different idea.

So take care and don't flip a coin to see where it goes before you jump in.

As an ex floor trader best advise is to wait until after the figures are out (listen to Bloomberg to get their spin on the numbers) and when you are sure of the direction then enter the market BUT ONLY TRADE WITH A TIGHT STOP - say 10 pips. Then if your stop gets hit it won't kill you and you live to fight another day.

Good luck and may the farce be with you!

Further warning - following data expect a lot of whipsawing - stops can be knocked out very easily. Often find direction not really clear until a good 15-20 minutes after the release.
Be careful out there !!!

GammaJammer said:
JP Speaks the truth. Trying to take a view in advance of the NFP can be tricky at the best of times, and given the current market context anything could happen. That said, in light of the action this week, if I absolutely had to pick a direction right now, I would also be long EUR, anticipating a bit of squaring up by shorter term players ahead of the weekend (in case any Euro Politicians say anything silly in the next couple of days and the market gaps when the Kiwis get in on Sunday night).

But that's easy for me to say, as it's not a decision I have to make right now.

Good luck all

GJ

psycic or do you have connections with the mafia??????