ETX Capital

Also, does the £250 safety net cover your spreads as well as losses?

Hi Pipsaholic

Not 100% sure what you mean by covering the spread.. the safety net covers up to £250 of trading losses in the first 10 days of your account being live.

best, Rob.

Rob, do you care to make any comment on my above post (no. 131)?

Hi Visaria

I've listened to the tape of the conversation that you had with our member of staff and i understood a corrective booking was made during that phone call to fill your stop at your level.

Good luck

Rob

Yes, the amount was credited.

TBH, i don't think you guys were deliberately trying to rip me off for such a small amount, unless you guys are really hard up. Therefore, do you think something is amiss in your systems ( i assume it was auto filled)? Why was i filled at that price in the first place (which happened to be the lowest price on your chart) even though it was no where near what was being traded on the underlying.

Care to comment?

Yes, the amount was credited.

TBH, i don't think you guys were deliberately trying to rip me off for such a small amount, unless you guys are really hard up. Therefore, do you think something is amiss in your systems ( i assume it was auto filled)? Why was i filled at that price in the first place (which happened to be the lowest price on your chart) even though it was no where near what was being traded on the underlying.

Care to comment?

Visaria

We wouldn't rip anyone off, let alone for £2.80.

Your fill was based on a move from 31.8 to 27.2 and then back to 33.1 in 10 seconds.

We were filling limits at 27.6 at the same time as filling stops at 27.2.

We looked at your fill when you called in and agreed to fill you at your level.

The move looked genuine which is why both stops and limits were being triggered and filled.

Best, Rob.

Visaria

Your fill was based on a move from 31.8 to 27.2 and then back to 33.1 in 10 seconds.

But there was no $4 move (that's 400 cents) in the underlying market at that time!!! This is the issue. How did your prices suddenly take a mind of their own and decide to drop $4, albeit for 10 secs. After all, your prices are supposed to be the same as the underlying +/- a small amount.

But there was no $4 move (that's 400 cents) in the underlying market at that time!!! This is the issue. How did your prices suddenly take a mind of their own and decide to drop $4, albeit for 10 secs. After all, your prices are supposed to be the same as the underlying +/- a small amount.
It could be a technical issue for all that we know, these things happened with market makers. I have had the same kind of complains with a few SB over the years as I have been trading SB, in almost all cases they reversed the trade. They did the same thing for you, they reversed the trade, so what is the big issue? That they deliberately on an individual basis is hunting you down in order to take you out, I do not believe for a second.:)

... so what is the big issue? That they deliberately on an individual basis is hunting you down in order to take you out, I do not believe for a second.:)

No, the (rather big) issue is that they filled me at a price which did not reflect either the movements of or the actual price in the underlying market. In fact, it was rather a long way out!!

They did credit me the difference, would they have been so accommodating if the amount I was doing was a £100 a point?

No, the (rather big) issue is that they filled me at a price which did not reflect either the movements of or the actual price in the underlying market. In fact, it was rather a long way out!!

They did credit me the difference, would they have been so accommodating if the amount I was doing was a £100 a point?

+1

Hi Visaria

We price our Rolling daily Gold off of the Dec Future which is the most liquid Gold contract. Our fair value from Dec to Spot is 2.1 pips.

You will see on the Bloomberg price prints (screen shots attached) that the Dec contract in Gold had a range of 1629.4 - 1633.3 in the same second.

Once fair value of 2.1 pips and our spread of 0.2 (0.4 round turn) is factored in the bid of rolling daily gold becomes 1627.1

On that basis your stop (1630.0) was filled correctly and the improvement was a gesture on our part - i will concede that the original fill wasn't the best but that doesn't make it wrong.

Best, Rob

Best, Rob

Attachments

• goldprices.doc
    466 KB · Views: 224

This is part of Risk & Money Management, there are a few more risk parameters to take in consideration trading with market makers compared to trading with DMA. I would say trading a stake size of £100, SB is definitely not the right place to be.

Last edited:
I think ETX representative is doing a great job trying to explain what has happened. SB generally do not do this on an individual basis, especially not on a open forum like this.

Hi Visaria

We price our Rolling daily Gold off of the Dec Future which is the most liquid Gold contract. Our fair value from Dec to Spot is 2.1 pips.

You will see on the Bloomberg price prints (screen shots attached) that the Dec contract in Gold had a range of 1629.4 - 1633.3 in the same second.

Once fair value of 2.1 pips and our spread of 0.2 (0.4 round turn) is factored in the bid of rolling daily gold becomes 1627.1

On that basis your stop (1630.0) was filled correctly and the improvement was a gesture on our part - i will concede that the original fill wasn't the best but that doesn't make it wrong.

Best, Rob

Best, Rob

Disagree, a (sell) stop order is filled when your bid either hits or goes past it. You then fill on that price, not add a bit more spread. This what your dealers have told me in the past.

From your data you had a price of 31.7. At that time, your dec gold would be at 31.4-32.0. Your rolling cash would be 29.3-29.7 (2.1 difference). You should have filled at 29.3, instead the fill was way out at 27.4.

Disagree, a (sell) stop order is filled when your bid either hits or goes past it. You then fill on that price, not add a bit more spread. This what your dealers have told me in the past.

From your data you had a price of 31.7. At that time, your dec gold would be at 31.4-32.0. Your rolling cash would be 29.3-29.7 (2.1 difference). You should have filled at 29.3, instead the fill was way out at 27.4.

Visaria

Our data showed lots of prices in that 1 second. You've pinpointed 31.7 as the level we should have filled you at and I have taken the absolute low of those prints (1629.4) as justification for filling your stop.... I did say our fill wasn't as good as it could be, which is why we've improved.

There is no denying your stop at 30 was due a fill. You disagreed with our execution level and called in to complain. We then improved it for you.

I have shown you evidence here that there were prints in the underlying market down there and on that basis we were in the strictest sense not incorrect in filling you.. We don't deliberately try and antogonise people hence the improvement.

Not sure what else I can do for you.

Have a great weekend

Rob

If I have two positions on the same contract how do I place a stop loss for the aggregate position? Or is that not possible? I can't seem to do it. I have to drill into the component trade and place a stop for each one...quite annoying.

If I have two positions on the same contract how do I place a stop loss for the aggregate position? Or is that not possible? I can't seem to do it. I have to drill into the component trade and place a stop for each one...quite annoying.

Hi Rupert

The platform will show you the aggregate position as well as the open position for each leg.

If you placed the seperate legs without stops you will need to place a stop on each one individually.

Nice weekend

Rob

Sounds to me that etx try it on with bad fills, if questioned then may come good at their discretion.

I see that ETX Capital have linked up with Greg Secker of Knowledge to Action and offer to put money in your account.

I use Ninja Trader and CQG now that my spreadbetting days are over.

Apparently it flags up on your software as an Electron card and your accounts can't handle that. I'm looking at it now and it definitely is a Visa Debit, no mention of Electron on it.

Hi Rob

Have you got any further forward with this? Still awaiting your findings.

Hi Rupert

The platform will show you the aggregate position as well as the open position for each leg.

If you placed the seperate legs without stops you will need to place a stop on each one individually.

Nice weekend

Rob

Do ETX credit clients with positive slippage when it occurs?