Esignal questions

I believe you can do this but I have not had the need to so cannot tell you how.
If you ask on the esignal forum, they will definitely be able to tell you how to do this.

Yes, the #F are a problem to set up. One thing to remember is that if a product starts trading at e.g. 8:10am put 8am in time otherwise all your hourly bars will start at 10 past hour. Unless you like that, better to put always round hour to start.
#F are also not back adjusted and there are no #F for EU futures...Hope they do this soon.

HI
I have just had a renewal for e- signal and I have been told there is no discount.Has anyone managed to get a discount on renewing an annual subscription?

Alex

jimvt said:
I am giving some thought to subscribing to Esignal but have a few queries. Can anyone help?

1)Data: I understand you can download data for backtesting. If so, how much intraday data can be downloaded, at what compression (tick or minute), in what format(ascii ?), and how clean/good is the data in your opinion?

2) Is it straightforward to hook up TS 2000i in realtime?

3) How does esignal respond at times of sudden increased market volatility? (Mytrack , my current service, are often hopeless at these times - the charts just freeze sometimes).

Thanks for any help!

We operate2 chat rooms dedicated to trading the E-minis, almost 80% of our members use Esignal. We have written tonls tools and studies that we use every day with Essignal and are very satisfied.

Drop by iur PaltTalk room, it is open and free, we can ask question about Esignal or anything else trading related for that matter.
Or have a look at our site, for an idea of the tools we have built.

Greg
www.thetradingzone.com

esignal

jimvt said:
I've taken the plunge and got Esignal!

Ok, so far I have an advanced chart up on the screen and I've paid for the exchange, but it's not live. The data stopped last night. How do I get live prices, anyone?

Cheers

undefined :rolleyes:

Personally, I have had a lot of problems with esignal......i kept writing to them to correct a particular hitch in the system....they took 3 weeks to rectify...now another issue...still waiting!
:cry:

Anyone else having problems with e-signal this afternoon? I can't even connect to their web site.
Maybe it is just me, but would be good to know!

Yes, somethings wrong, $ADD jumped 1500 in a minute, still no connection, good excuse to take the rest of the day off!

We are experiencing a network wide outage believed to be caused by a Denial of Service attack. We are working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible.

JayF_eSignal said:
We are experiencing a network wide outage believed to be caused by a Denial of Service attack. We are working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible.

Hi Jayf

I suspect esignal might shortly be suffering a "Denial of subs payment attack" if this problem isn't sorted soon............

Esignal accounts-A refund for the day should be given without having to request it every time this sort of thing happens.

Still y'day eve sun was very pleasant.

Hello eSignal, I was just wondering if there were any plans to rectify this abhoration, since it's now been about 2 years since I first brought it up on the forum. Whilst I realise it is a minor issue and there are ways around it I would have thought it couldn't be that hard to fix, just to remove the irritation factor.

Attachments

• Daily volume on NYSE as shown by eSignal.png
    Daily volume on NYSE as shown by eSignal.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 523
Roguetrader,

You must be using a chart type that needs high/low to properly display. Since there's only one value per day for $TVOL (closing volume that day), you'll get a better "display" by switching to a line chart.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

eSignal Support said:
Roguetrader,

You must be using a chart type that needs high/low to properly display. Since there's only one value per day for $TVOL (closing volume that day), you'll get a better "display" by switching to a line chart.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
Thanx for your reply, however that makes little sense to me, I am using a standard advanced chart OHLC, whilst I realise that highs and lows are somewhat irrelevant, it seems rather simple to me that there is an open and a close, the opening value will be somewhere near zero and the close will be wherever the close is. If the software was incapable of recognising an opening value then an intraday chart such as a one hour would also be nothing more than a series of dots.

roguetrader said:
Thanx for your reply, however that makes little sense to me, I am using a standard advanced chart OHLC, whilst I realise that highs and lows are somewhat irrelevant, it seems rather simple to me that there is an open and a close, the opening value will be somewhere near zero and the close will be wherever the close is. If the software was incapable of recognising an opening value then an intraday chart such as a one hour would also be nothing more than a series of dots.

So you'd like to see a bar chart that has every bar starting at zero and closing at the value for that day? Basically, it would look like a histogram? Don't recall that we've had that request so I may still not be understanding your suggestion here. Please PM your username so we can contact you directly to clarify.

Thanks.

eSignal Support said:
So you'd like to see a bar chart that has every bar starting at zero and closing at the value for that day? Basically, it would look like a histogram? Don't recall that we've had that request so I may still not be understanding your suggestion here. Please PM your username so we can contact you directly to clarify.

Thanks.
Ok, you pretty much have it, as I said there are ways around it, so fortunately I can demonstrate what a daily chart should look like (a picture paints a thousand words) What do I use this for? Well I like to see at a glance how the volume is in relation to the 60 day avge, and be reminded at a glance how previous days compare. If there's a workaround why fix it? Maybe I'm just a fussy customer paying for a premium product, who doesn't think he should have to find workarounds. Or maybe I just thought it would be a simple thing to fix.
Since there's only one value per day for $TVOL (closing volume that day)
That statement is clearly inaccurate, if there were only one value per day then the application would be incapable of producing any sort of intraday chart for this symbol. (Maybe I am not understanding you)
Thanx

Attachments

• Daily vol workaround.png
    Daily vol workaround.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
roguetrader said:
Ok, you pretty much have it, as I said there are ways around it, so fortunately I can demonstrate what a daily chart should look like (a picture paints a thousand words) What do I use this for? Well I like to see at a glance how the volume is in relation to the 60 day avge, and be reminded at a glance how previous days compare. If there's a workaround why fix it? Maybe I'm just a fussy customer paying for a premium product, who doesn't think he should have to find workarounds. Or maybe I just thought it would be a simple thing to fix.

That statement is clearly inaccurate, if there were only one value per day then the application would be incapable of producing any sort of intraday chart for this symbol. (Maybe I am not understanding you)
Thanx

I say one value from a daily bar perspective. The open and low are either 0 or the first update and the high/close are both the same so from a daily bar perspective, not really much info to display. I do see how you can build a histogram as you prefer so that's great. You could also do this fairly easily in EFS and apply that EFS to a daily chart. If that EFS would be helpful, I'll poke around to see if anyone has already done one for this type of issue.

Thanks.

Just subscribed to eSignal today to try it out. I subscribed to the US and UK data including the Plus markets.

While doing a symbol search on the Plus markets I noticed that there are only 6 stocks listed. Do I need to add the rest somehow or is this all that eSignal cover?

http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/list.shtml?Group=Quoted

Attachments

• snapshot-1.png
    snapshot-1.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 269