eSignal Data Feed without Charts

sparkz

Can someone tell me how to get a real time eSignal data feed without the charts etc?

I'm told it's available but their registration doesn't seem to have it as an option? They only have the packages listed.

Thanks

sparkz said:
Can someone tell me how to get a real time eSignal data feed without the charts etc?

I'm told it's available but their registration doesn't seem to have it as an option? They only have the packages listed.

Thanks
Just sign up to whichever package you prefer,it's up to you whether you use their charting programme or not ie i use ensign windows ,if you choose not to make use of their charting facility as far as i know there is no price reduction but why not email or phone them and clarify the situation?

watsone said:
Just sign up to whichever package you prefer,it's up to you whether you use their charting programme or not ie i use ensign windows ,if you choose not to make use of their charting facility as far as i know there is no price reduction but why not email or phone them and clarify the situation?

Thats the situation as i understand it also.

As I understand it certain vendors are able to offer the esignal data manager only packages if you're one of their customers, whether you can go direct to esignal and request it I'm not sure

sparkz said:

Thanks

Hi sparkz

Hands across the sea - well a little stretch of water :cheesy:

I remember a post on here somewhere, you'll have to search for it with a contact at esignal who understands and deals with such packages, try searching the metastock forum.

Failing that you could send a PM or mail Chuck_T and ask for a contact within esignal for your requirements.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/member.php?find=lastposter&t=23362

cheers

don

Last edited:
I think retail customers are stuck with the "desktop API". At least it used to be that way. Some fairly unkind things have been said about it.

You probably need to be a vendor to get the full API. And it will probably cost, including support contract.

Have a look at http://www.opentick.com where you don't have to jump through stupid hoops and you don't have to install a pile of useless crap on your machine to get an operational feed. It's really cheap too.

Thanks guys. I've got a number of products which I can use eSignal with - Tradecision, NeuroShell Trader and Multicharts.

I did have a chat with a rep on their web site a while back and he said I'd have to pay something like $88 for their forex feed. I just assumed there was a page somewhere to sign up for this. I guess it's a special deal and I have to do it some other way. I'll PM Chuck_T and see what he thinks.

Thanks again.

sparkz said:
Thanks guys. I've got a number of products which I can use eSignal with - Tradecision, NeuroShell Trader and Multicharts.

I did have a chat with a rep on their web site a while back and he said I'd have to pay something like $88 for their forex feed. I just assumed there was a page somewhere to sign up for this. I guess it's a special deal and I have to do it some other way. I'll PM Chuck_T and see what he thinks.

Thanks again.

The esignal GTIS composite spot forex datafeed is not very good as it has quotes streaming in from 200+ banks and is therefore very jumpy.

Why not use Metatrader 4, sign up for a demo account with a broker like alpari, that way you stream alpari quotes into MT4 - and all this is FREE. OK MT4 is not nearly as good as TS8.2 but is probably more comparable to esignal..........although esignal is probably better. But if you are trading spot forex, and the esignal spot fx datafeed is not good, then esignal is not much use either....

Last edited:
sparkz said:

Thanks again.

That sounds very similar to the service i've heard about, $30 for data manager + $50 for forex fees.

I get the feeling esignal work with a lot of vendors/chart services etc providing special rates all along side their "own" branded options.

FWIW I've been using them for a while now and have no complaints, reliable service. If only my broadband supplier was up to the same standards :rolleyes:

The esignal GTIS composite spot forex datafeed is not very good as it has quotes streaming in from 200+ banks and is therefore very jumpy.

Why not use Metatrader 4, sign up for a demo account with a broker like alpari, that way you stream alpari quotes into MT4 - and all this is FREE. OK MT4 is not nearly as good as TS8.2 but is probably more comparable to esignal..........although esignal is probably better. But if you are trading spot forex, and the esignal spot fx datafeed is not good, then esignal is not much use either....

JTrader is correct that the composite GTIS symbols are jumpy & spikey. This is because of the wide spreads across all the brokerages. Fortunately there is no need to use the composite symbols. You can easily refine your eSignal forex symbols per contributor source. ie rather than GBP ao-fx instead use for example GBP@TDFX a0-fx this is GBPUSD but limited to rates from MBTrading/EFXgroup. Esignal has a list of all their contributors and their respective codes at http://kb.esignalcentral.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.asp?aid=3108&r=0.5906946