equis downloader

longhai

does anyone have the equis downloader. i have sharescope and want to use its data to export/import into omnitrader, but i need the equis downloader to convert the files in metastock format, the downloader comes on the metastock CD, and used to be a shareware download, which is now unavailable.

if its not too big, cold someone email it to me at [email protected]

or if u cant, tell me where i can get it. i've tried other trial data converters and there are always stuffups, and equis does it without any issues.

someone please help me!!!

thanks
mick

longhai said:
does anyone have the equis downloader. i have sharescope and want to use its data to export/import into omnitrader, but i need the equis downloader to convert the files in metastock format, the downloader comes on the metastock CD, and used to be a shareware download, which is now unavailable.

if its not too big, cold someone email it to me at [email protected]

or if u cant, tell me where i can get it. i've tried other trial data converters and there are always stuffups, and equis does it without any issues.

someone please help me!!!

thanks
mick

Mick
I would appreciate that if you manage to resolve the issue you could possibly pass it on,I am trying to do exactly the same as yourself with no success.
I agree that the trial converters have so far failed to work
Its vey frustrating
[email protected]
Regards
Andy

Equis Downloader

I have the Equid Downloader installed on my machine and used to use it to convert my Sharescope data for Omnitrader. Unfortunately, a few months ago, it started to crash part way through conversion and has been unusable since. I now pay for an EOD download that comes in the appropriate format.

I'm sorry to say that your search for this tool may not yield the result you wanted!

lesmor said:
Thanks for the reply,out of interest which EOD download are you using?

I'm using Paritec EOD. Seems largely OK, but all data seems to have its problems. I would be careful about deinitions of exactly what you are getting when you subscribe to any data e.g. what exactly is EOD, is it mid-price or executed prices, etc.

The Downloader is a program that comes with MetaStock that allows you to download and store data on your hard drive. It also allows you to do data conversion and take and convert data to Excel or CSV format.

Most people won’t use the downloader. Metastock allows you a data on demand feature that will let you simply access data from the Reuters servers and get the data without downloading.

d-

des44 said:
The Downloader is a program that comes with MetaStock that allows you to download and store data on your hard drive. It also allows you to do data conversion and take and convert data to Excel or CSV format.

Most people won’t use the downloader. Metastock allows you a data on demand feature that will let you simply access data from the Reuters servers and get the data without downloading.

d-

this is reply for all not just above. i ended up getting a copy of metastock so i now have the downloader tool, so my quest is over. it does exactly what i thought and the conversion process is a dream. i now dont have to pay for 2 data feeds and this is especially good as the sharescope data is the cheapest i've found and i can now utilise both both programs with the same data

if anyone needs the downloader, i suggest going to ebay and try getting a bargin copy of metastock, as i could only get the downloader to work if metastock was installed. i dont even use metaastock, but was worth the cost as i have the problem free tool i was after. i managed to get a copy for £20

Thanks for the post, longhai. if i'd known then i would have saved a few quid paying for data.

as an addendum, i have concerns about the quality of a lot of the data. just a word of warning to people before they sign up to long data suplly contracts!

downloader

hi,

I have only just joined and saw your question, but assume you have it now otherwise contact me.

Regards

stephen