Energy/Commodity Thread

Nowler

Experienced member
Who else has fully boarded the uranium train?

I finished accumulating my position last month after buying in over the past 10 months or so. I am now kicking back and waiting for it to take off.

I've never seen such an asymmetrical opportunity...

Can a mod please move this to the Stocks and ETFs section.

Not sure how I managed to put it in the economic section lol

I finished accumulating my position last month after buying in over the past 10 months or so. I am now kicking back and waiting for it to take off.

Hi, not something I've looked into, can we know the ETF?

Hi, not something I've looked into, can we know the ETF?

It's such an exciting opportunity.
It will be volatile when it gets going.

I am not in the ETF's, but URA and URNM are the 2 I know of

I cannot be the only person out of 271,185 members with a Uranium allocation.

C'mon :)
Show yourself! :)

Ive been fortunately that I have not been aware of this through the bear market, but I was unfortunate that I only got in 5 months after the bottom.

Barring a nuclear accident, this is going to be a many multiples move.

I am posting this for the info, not for the company.
Although, I do like the company and would buy shares if my brokers offered it.

Indeed.

As I understand it, there's a considerable, if not, insatiable, pent-up demand for this in oil rich parts of the globe, among other places. There's certainly no shortage of folks with ready cash desperate to buy the stuff.

The only slight snag, is the even richer folks, who have plenty of it, prepared to spend even more cash to stop them doing so.

☢️

Indeed.

As I understand it, there's a considerable, if not, insatiable, pent-up demand for this in oil rich parts of the globe, among other places. There's certainly no shortage of folks with ready cash desperate to buy the stuff.

The only slight snag, is the even richer folks, who have plenty of it, prepared to spend even more cash to stop them doing so.

☢️
Yes, there is arguably already a shortage of production vs consumption - reserves are being eaten into (which is even more bullish)

The only thing that can realistically stop it is a nuclear accident.
It's got to happen if we want to address climate change in any meaningful way.
I am all for hydro, geo-thermal, solar, wind, etc... but we need baseload power...
The sun doesn't always shine, the wind doesn't always blow, there isn't always ocean surrounding you - not to forget the lack of ability to store the surplus we would need to store to combat lull periods (night, calm weather).
Battery tech is just not there yet...

Not quite sure what/who you are referring to about richer folks spending to stop it though (the oil people?) .
Nuclear has recently been deemed "green" by the likes of the US, Europe, Russia, China etc..
Bill Gates, the fella from U2, all sorts of big names are coming out in favour of it.

All these massive funds are taking capital away from fossil fuels (which is ironically going to slingshot the price of these fuels - particularly coal, which is and will be very important for the next decade+) and are allocating to ESG areas. Uranium is a tiny market currently, but as it grows you will see bigger and bigger players enter.

China is really sticking to it's plans to clean up their act - I've lost count of the number of reactors they are currently constructing and proposing to construct. By 2040, China will need every single pound of todays uranium production.

The US has deemed it a national security risk also, in that they sources all their Uranium from abroad.

I don't really like to predict, but I don't see Uranium staying below $33/lb beyond 6 months from now.

I try not to talk to people about it because I end up sounding like a fanatic, but it's just insane how asymmetric it is.
So much so that I sourced some capital to invest (thanks future Nowler).

The downside risk is what... 40-50%?
The upside potential in the stocks I hold are 3-10x - and that's somewhat conservative.
Even if it was only 1x, the deal is still good.

I am not going to tell people what stocks to buy, but a tip would be to look at the companies that survived the torturous bear market. Last Bull market we saw U companies go from less than 10, to hundreds! The bear market wiped all the pretenders out (because as you know, very VERY few will ever get into production). Today we have about 40-50? I'm not quite sure, but there will be hundreds more in the next 1-2 years, very few - if any - getting into production.

Sprott deciding to own the spot market was huge!
That is going to eat all that supply up!

Last cycle U went to around $136/lb.
With the fundamentals this time, I reckon $180 is a given... maybe even $200/lb

If that happens, then I see Denison Mines at least hitting their highs of last cycle - which is about 10x right now.

I think Sprott with get their Uranium trust on the NYSE around July

Putting the massive news about Sprott to the side for a min:

1622341447329.png

The fundamentals are absolutely insane of Uranium!

Personally I am invested in the following (in order of largest position to smallest):
- Denison Mines
- Deep Yellow
- NexGen
- Uranium Energy
- Anfield Energy (definitely the riskiest of all my holdings)
- Uranium Royalty Corp

On top of the above investments, I am going to trade a small-mid sized leveraged position in Cameco throughout the bull market to help maximise gains. Aiming to sell when I think it's overbought, and re-enter on pullbacks - rinse and repeat.

Cameco is the 2nd largest producer of Uranium in the world (2nd to Kazatomprom).
My zero fees broker doesnt offer any other Uranium company through the CFD account, but if it ever adds Denison or NexGen I would likely trade a position in them too as they have more upside % growth than Cameco.

I try not to talk to people about it because I end up sounding like a fanatic, but it's just insane how asymmetric it is.
So much so that I sourced some capital to invest (thanks future Nowler).

The downside risk is what... 40-50%?
The upside potential in the stocks I hold are 3-10x - and that's somewhat conservative.
Even if it was only 1x, the deal is still good.

I am not going to tell people what stocks to buy, but a tip would be to look at the companies that survived the torturous bear market. Last Bull market we saw U companies go from less than 10, to hundreds! The bear market wiped all the pretenders out (because as you know, very VERY few will ever get into production). Today we have about 40-50? I'm not quite sure, but there will be hundreds more in the next 1-2 years, very few - if any - getting into production.
This is such a No No but I cant help laughing (with you not at you) at your limitless optimism for any new venture you throw yourself into.
I would suggest to anyone else, use the profits from your previous ventures to finance your next one! The response is usually 'But my previous venture didnt make any profits' ... to which I say 'exactly my point'!
Don't keep borrowing money for risky ventures, invest first and use profits to fund further investment, unless your name is Nowler. 😉

This is such a No No but I cant help laughing (with you not at you) at your limitless optimism for any new venture you throw yourself into.
I would suggest to anyone else, use the profits from your previous ventures to finance your next one! The response is usually 'But my previous venture didnt make any profits' ... to which I say 'exactly my point'!
Don't keep borrowing money for risky ventures, invest first and use profits to fund further investment, unless your name is Nowler. 😉

It was such a tormenting decision to make and not one I took lightly.
I would absolutely NEVER recommend someone else do it.
I never thought I would do such a thing as it's usually an overwhelmingly terrible idea - and I have told people numerous times not to do such things.

The risks of doing this were fully considered, which is to say, the worst case scenario is something I can tolerate.
I actually took an extra de-risking measure of "sourcing" less capital (50% of what I was going to get).
I believed then and I still believe now that this was not the right thing to do - I should have gotten the lot.
Probability dictates that I am going to look back in 2-3 years and regret that decision.

Thankfully I can say that I have been performing very well in terms of % growth, but as my capital is not sizable and this opportunity is certainly not going to wait 2.5 years for me, I just couldn't miss out of such an opportunity.
I have never seen the odds stacked so much in favour of an outcome.

Apart from when oil went negative $40 perhaps... it may very well have went lower, but in time, it was heading much higher for sure!

I am kind of regretting saying that I did this as someone is going to look at it and think it's a good idea for them to do it.
Even more so if it works out like the probability indicates...

Last edited:
The risks of doing this were fully considered, which is to say, the worst case scenario is something I can tolerate.
Hey! They're your kneecaps. It's your absolute right to risk having them blown off if you can't pay the loan shark.🦈 :ROFLMAO:

Besides, crutches are super hi-tech these days, probably better than having to walk unaided, not that you'll be able to get those ones on a state support budget......

....... on second thought, just run away whilst you still have kneecaps to do so.

:eek:

Hey! They're your kneecaps. It's your absolute right to risk having them blown off if you can't pay the loan shark.🦈 :ROFLMAO:

Besides, crutches are super hi-tech these days, probably better than having to walk unaided, not that you'll be able to get those ones on a state support budget......

....... on second thought, just run away whilst you still have kneecaps to do so.

:eek:

Centralised knee caps are so conformist, Boomer.

I'm going to create my own KneecapCoin from my mom's basement.

#DiamondKnees

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: