Emotions of winning and losing

Whenever a person feels lost, I know it could really hurt a lot, that it seems that you almost give up of what you've started. But, as a brave person, you should be able to struggle, in order to win next time. In every ups, there are downs. Once you lose, all you have to do is strengthen your believe in yourself, and try to work on what you have failed. Practice makes perfect. In every suffering, there's a cure. So, if ever you got lost, let's say, you were down on your business and got losses, you should have strategies, in order to put yourself up, to earn profits now. You should set goals and practice doing it. And, always believe on what you do!

If you get lost ask a policeman for directions(y)

Thanks for alarming me, it was just a typographical error. Ok, I'll go the police then, and ask where's the direction on the way to the treasure.

The thing is, it's not cut & paste. It's all, as far as I can tell, original work.

I think that to get a trade right in emotions terms is worse that get it worng because it turns to you into the kind of supertrader mind set which is very dangerous your confidence increases but your level of analysis for your next trade decrese, i had found that to setback and let it cool down help me to keep stick with my trading plan.

There is one way to think right about trading. Once you place a trade, stop loss and Take Profit forget about it. Don't do anything with the trade, chart or currency pair. Go to bed, go for a walk. As soon as trade is close you can analyzing you decision.

Act like you are successful, profitable and wise trader, and sooner or later you will become him.

There is one way to think right about trading. Once you place a trade, stop loss and Take Profit forget about it. Don't do anything with the trade, chart or currency pair. Go to bed, go for a walk. As soon as trade is close you can analyzing you decision.

Act like you are successful, profitable and wise trader, and sooner or later you will become him.

Not really a valid comment for a level 2 discretionary momentum trader but for a swing trader, maybe it could be useful.

Not really a valid comment for a level 2 discretionary momentum trader but for a swing trader, maybe it could be useful.

Scalpers can't forget about 20 trades)!

Emotional part is a big part of trading, how do you feel when you lose or gain money is very important. Depends what is money for you. How much money had you parents when you were a kid, what attitude to money you have.

Its occurred to me why we get hurt by losing.
When you initiate a trade, you enter a grey-zone of uncertainty.
The market needs to move to either confirm our analysis, or not.

Losses hit quicker than wins.
For example, if you're going for a 3:1 reward-to-risk, the chances are if you lose, you get immediate feedback. But, when you win, you have to wait longer to be proved right, so you remember the hurt of losing more because of its immediacy.

I wonder if the quicker feedback of taking a loss has some bearing on how we feel about them, as opposed to waiting longer for wins.
This assumes a greater reward than risk.

If you go for 1:1, dunno. Perhaps 1:1 should be a starting point for newbies to get past the emotional impact.

EDIT: If you're wondering why I have been posting too much. I have moved to a higher TF, and have way too much time on my hands. sorry!

great read

I am a novice trader and the subject of emotions is very complicated, I have read a lot in reference and it is not easy but it needs a lot of help and self-control

I am a novice trader and the subject of emotions is very complicated, I have read a lot in reference and it is not easy but it needs a lot of help and self-control

Not if you kiss me. But if you do, self-control goes out the window. You will be lost in a time warp. Your happiness will skyrocket. Are you woman enough to handle this?

I'm excited when winning and cant sleep between the trades

Next time you feel excited and can't sleep, take the train and meet me on the Parkway

Sometime I in Brooklyn sometime I in Queens
Sometime I gone down to Manhattan to check out the scene
Well I'm always keeping on the move, I love to roam
So I want the ladies to know its hard to find me at home

I wake in the morning, I leaving the stables
I don't know what time in the evening I'll be coming back
So you see it don't make any sense for you to call
You'll just be wasting your time
I'm hardly ever at home at all
So meet me on the Parkway.
If you miss the train you can get Bus 44

No need to run down the street laughing insanely,
But just enjoy the win. It encourages one up to better efforts to win.
No point into becoming an emotionless zombie either.
Life is fun...….

True! Handling emotions isn't an easy task, but then who is able to achieve it, gets a good hold on his trades.

No need to run down the street laughing insanely,
But just enjoy the win. It encourages one up to better efforts to win.
No point into becoming an emotionless zombie either.
Life is fun...….
Well said.

Eventually at the end of the day, your emotions will be controlled whether you are winning or losing.

Obviously nobody likes to lose and that's why emotions overpower a trader but in both the situations of wining and losing you should not get carried away rather build your self control to achieve your goals.