eminis contracts -what is the risk??

Ikeno-this trader has 20% drawdowns? Too large. @ 20% it only takes 5 trades to blowup.

Mechanical-sounds like you traded the market nearly perfectly today. I missed the first trade because my stop was TOO TIGHT. And I swear the first trade is the best, because usually you can expect 50-100 pts minimum on the upside or downside.

Are these just arbitrary figures used to support your theory? Lets say someone risks $1 to make $1 and instead of a meagre 33% win rate they have a win rate >70% !? :-0

...let me guess, you've read McDonell Doglasss'sss book (or whatever his name is :rolleyes:)

Ikeno-this trader has 20% drawdowns? Too large. @ 20% it only takes 5 trades to blowup.

Mechanical-sounds like you traded the market nearly perfectly today. I missed the first trade because my stop was TOO TIGHT. And I swear the first trade is the best, because usually you can expect 50-100 pts minimum on the upside or downside.

yeah buddy! you can't hesitate on the first trade; they usually use one of the "typical" institutional stops or the recent overnight stop as a reversal stop.

I could have gotten another 100 points out of the FOMC annc, but ya gotta play sometime in Palm Beach County..perfect summer weather today. :cool:

The Mechanical Day Trader

Good Trading!

@ 20% it only takes 5 trades to blowup?

Only 5 trades?

Mr.J-Arthur, can you show me how this is calculated?...I think there may be something wrong with my maths..

If someone is risking $1 to make a $1, that is not trading, that is scalping, imo. Hey, if it works go ahead and do it, but that's not trading in my book. Futures Trading to me is making a few winning trades using high probability setups and receiving a great return for your risk and your time. With the Dow moving 110 points plus per intraday trend (and it does it 2x daily), I am not taking one point on the Dow and getting out!

You know it really annoys me when someone states their own personal opinion(usuallly wrong too) as the definition and then argues from that definition claiming all others are wrong.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news MDT but your opinion on what is and isn't trading really doesn't mean diddly squat to the actual definition of trading.

Trading is the buying and selling of a product(eg: an emini contract), generally with the intention of securing a profit from the short term movement in the price of the product.

The definition of trading has nothing whatsoever to do with how much you risk compared to how much you expect to gain. It(broadly speaking) has little to do with how long you hold the product for. It has nothing to with having the confidence or not to "stick with your trade". All that is only your personal opinion as to what you personally consider to be trading.

I don't normally agree with much of what n_t has to say but in this case he is absolutely correct when he points out that Warren Buffet would not consider what you do to be trading. Does that mean you are not trading?

And btw, posting a bunch of trades and market commentary that really have nothing to do with the thread is a very transparent way of drumming up business for your other site. So why not just keep that to the thread you started.

Cheers,
PKFFW

You know it really annoys me when someone states their own personal opinion(usuallly wrong too) as the definition and then argues from that definition claiming all others are wrong.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news MDT but your opinion on what is and isn't trading really doesn't mean diddly squat to the actual definition of trading.

Trading is the buying and selling of a product(eg: an emini contract), generally with the intention of securing a profit from the short term movement in the price of the product.

The definition of trading has nothing whatsoever to do with how much you risk compared to how much you expect to gain. It(broadly speaking) has little to do with how long you hold the product for. It has nothing to with having the confidence or not to "stick with your trade". All that is only your personal opinion as to what you personally consider to be trading.

I don't normally agree with much of what n_t has to say but in this case he is absolutely correct when he points out that Warren Buffet would not consider what you do to be trading. Does that mean you are not trading?

And btw, posting a bunch of trades and market commentary that really have nothing to do with the thread is a very transparent way of drumming up business for your other site. So why not just keep that to the thread you started.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Overall Conclusion of this Forum
I'm noticing that "senior members" tend to be crusty old dogs that have poor eyesight, don't like new blood on the Forum treading on their turf and are intimidated by 9 year veterans of the futures market.

Their eyeglasses are unable to discern "imo"

Google it. In America (we fought Revolution over this) we have the right of offering our own opinion.

You guys don't rebuttal my points with facts, just innuendo and smear. If you do not pay attention to money management in the futures market, you will go broke. Anyone that DOESN'T have a risk/reward of 1:3 or something similar is
  1. unprofessional, lacking any serious standing in the futures industry
  2. misleading newbies into financial ruin by advocating high risk strategies
  3. not able to document a plethora of winning strategies risking $1 for a $1
  4. it is a well known fact that over 90% of ALL futures traders go broke trading

People can make their own decisions, I suggest you let them. There is tons of free stuff put out that is very helpful, it's one click away. And it's all free. If someone wants to go further, it's their choice. There is next to nothing out there on the web that is straightforward, clear, concise geared to intraday index trading and to the point -- imo ---.

Your definition of trading I am not arguing with; I am not intolerant of other's opinions.

I have gotten lots of positive feedback in the past 72 hours since my original post - it is my hope that I can help direct others into not losing a lot of money in the market and have some concrete examples of success. What they do with the information is their business, and their business only.

Find me one concrete example of another blog or website that gives FREE actual trading scenarios that are stone cold solid. If you find it, you should post it and help the newbies and those that are frustrated with what they are doing an alternative.

This is a great industry with sky high possibilities and tremendous technology that gives the individual unprecedented financial control over their own lives - no other time in human history can someone take a small amount of money, time and technology and improve their family's lifestyle in a short period of time. This is truely an amazing age we are living in.

Good Trading Everyone! And Keep the Risk Small! [trade the reversal-- that's my opinion!] LOL

The Mechanical Day Trader :D

Attachments

• TRADE THE REVERSAL !!  says the Mechanical Day Trader.png
    TRADE THE REVERSAL !! says the Mechanical Day Trader.png
    19 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
No U Are Wrong Re 5 Trades

1ST DD URE AT 80
2ND AT 64
3RD AT 53.2
ETC,,,,,
AS THE AC DECREASES THE EFFECT IS NOT ON THE ORIGINAI AMOUNT -
BUT 20 PERCENT I AM NOT COMFORTABiE WITH -
I WIii speak with him about that

Overall Conclusion of this Forum
I'm noticing that "senior members" tend to be crusty old dogs that have poor eyesight, don't like new blood on the Forum treading on their turf and are intimidated by 9 year veterans of the futures market.
I'm not intimidated by you. I don't even know you. I simply don't like it when someone espouses their opinion as the one and only true definition as you have done.

mechanicaldaytrader said:
Their eyeglasses are unable to discern "imo"

Google it. In America (we fought Revolution over this) we have the right of offering our own opinion.
I'm quite familiar with the term. You should check your history though. Our war(yes, I was born in the USA and know what I'm talking about) of independance had little to do with the right to offer an opinion.

You guys don't rebuttal my points with facts, just innuendo and smear.
I have not smeared you at all. I have merely stated that your opinion is not the definition of trading and as such you should not be using it as the definition and proclaiming others do not know what they are talking about if they disagree with you.

Further I pointed out that posting a bunch of trades and commentary has nothing to do with this thread. Your site may be the be all and end all of the trading universe but it still has nothing to do with this thread. Therefore the proper place for drumming up business for the site is in the thread you started for that purpose. Not a smear on you, simply a fact.

If you do not pay attention to money management in the futures market, you will go broke.
I don't disagree at all.
Anyone that DOESN'T have a risk/reward of 1:3 or something similar is
  1. unprofessional, lacking any serious standing in the futures industry
  2. misleading newbies into financial ruin by advocating high risk strategies
  3. not able to document a plethora of winning strategies risking $1 for a $1
  4. it is a well known fact that over 90% of ALL futures traders go broke trading
Again, your opinion and not fact.

The method I currently use and have been having success with uses a r:r of 1:1.5 It is a scalping method that has a very, very high winning % and as such is profitable. It is back tested over many years and I have been live trading it for some time now. It is not the holy grail by any means but it suits me just fine.

This method entails trading as per the accepted and standard definition of trading since it involves the buy and selling of something, in this case emini contracts. So your personal definition of trading(which probably changes to suit the needs of your argument at the time) doesn't really matter.

People can make their own decisions, I suggest you let them. There is tons of free stuff put out that is very helpful, it's one click away. And it's all free. If someone wants to go further, it's their choice. There is next to nothing out there on the web that is straightforward, clear, concise geared to intraday index trading and to the point -- imo ---.
I never suggested people can't make their own decisions and have never attempted to stop them doing so. Thus I'm at a loss as to why you feel the need to suggest I "let them" do so.

As for other sites out there, do your own research. Again, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your's is not the only one.
Your definition of trading I am not arguing with; I am not intolerant of other's opinions.
Firstly, it is not "my definition". It is the commonly accepted and standard definition. In order to effectively communicate and discuss matters those discussing them need to abide by an accepted definition of the words they are using. The discussion would make no sense if everyone started simply using their own personal definition of words. It would be like communicating in different languages.

Secondly, I am not intolerant of others opinions. I am intolerant of others using those opinions as the one and only true definition of the term and then claiming all others are wrong if they disagree.

I could say trading is building houses and selling them and anyone who doesn't do this isn't trading at all. I could then argue that if you disagree you are "unprofessional and lacking any serious place in trading" or "misleading newbies" or "not able to document a plethora of house building trading strategies". According to you, so long as I put "imo" at the end then that is ok. Ridiculous isn't it?
I have gotten lots of positive feedback in the past 72 hours since my original post - it is my hope that I can help direct others into not losing a lot of money in the market and have some concrete examples of success. What they do with the information is their business, and their business only.
Terrific for you and terrific for those that have your information. Still has nothing to do with the definition of trading and market commentary and trade ideas still have nothing to do with this thread. Which were the points I was making.
Find me one concrete example of another blog or website that gives FREE actual trading scenarios that are stone cold solid. If you find it, you should post it and help the newbies and those that are frustrated with what they are doing an alternative.
Do your own research. As I said above, yours is not the only site. It's a bit egotistical to think it is really but hey, there's nothing wrong with a healthy ego I say.

Cheers,
PKFFW

12 Golden Rules For Successful Trading

....my favorite is #3..........

The 12 Golden Rules for Successful Trading

1. Adopt a definite trading plan.

Because of the emotional stress that is inherent in any speculative situation, you must have a predetermined method of operation, which includes a set of rules by which you operate and adhere to, thus protecting you from yourself. Very often, your emotions will tell you to do something totally foreign or negative to what your market trading plan should be. It is only by adhering to a preconceived formula that you can resist the emotional temptations and stresses that are constantly present in a speculative situation.

2. If you're not sure, don't trade.

If you're in a trade and feel unsure of yourself, take your loss or protect your profit with a stop. If you are unsure of a position, you will be influenced by a multitude of extraneous and unimportant details and will probably end up taking a loss.

3. You should be able to be right 40% of the time and still show handsome profits.

In speculating, it would be folly to expect to be right every time. An individual with the proper trading techniques should be able to cut his losses short and let his profits run so that even being right less than half the time will show excellent profits. This point is re-emphasized in Rule Four.

4. Cut your losses and let your profits ride.

The basic failing of most speculators is that they put a limit on their profits and no limit on their losses. A man hates to admit he's wrong. Therefore, an individual will often let his loss ride, becoming larger and larger in hopes that eventually the market will turn around and prove him correct. Then after a while, he begins hoping for a small loss and gives up hoping for a profit. Human nature also dictates that an individual wants to take his profit right away and thus prove himself correct. There is an old saying, "You never go broke taking a small profit." But you'll certainly never get rich that way. Being satisfied with small profits is the wrong mental approach for making money in speculation. If you are correct when entering a speculative situation, you will know it almost immediately and will show a profit quickly. However, if you are wrong, you will show a loss and you should remove yourself from the situation quickly. Taking a small loss does not necessarily mean you were wrong in your thinking. It simply means that your timing was perhaps incorrect and that you should wait for the correct timing and situation to allow you to reenter the market. Remember, in any speculative situation, the market is the final judge. An individual must let the market tell him when he is wrong and when he is right. If you show a profit, ride it until the market turns around and tells you that you are no longer right, and, at that time, you should get out...but not before! On the other hand, the market will also tell you if you are wrong and it would be a serious mistake to argue with what it is saying.

5. If you cannot afford to lose, you cannot afford to win.

As we have stated in Rule Four, losing is a natural part of trading. If you are not in a position to accept losses, either psychologically or financially, you have no business trading. In addition, trading should be done only with surplus funds that are not vital to daily expenses.

6. Don't trade too many markets.

It is difficult to successfully trade and understand a specific market. It is next to impossible for an individual, especially a beginner, to be successful in several markets at the same time. The fundamental, technical, and psychological information necessary to trade successfully in more than a few markets is more than the individual has either the time or ability to accumulate.

7. Don't trade in a market that is too thin.

A lack of public participation in a market will make it difficult, if not impossible, to liquidate a position at anywhere near the price you want.

8. Be aware of the trend. ("The Trend is your friend")

It is vitally important that a trader be aware of a strong force in the market, either bullish or bearish. When this force is at its height, it would be folly to attempt to buck it. However, one must learn to recognize when a trend is about to run its course or is near a period of exhaustion. By an ability to recognize the early signs of exhaustion, the trader will protect himself from staying in the market too long and will be able to change direction when the trend changes.

9. Don't attempt to buy the bottom or sell the top.

It simply can't be done unless you have the aid of a crystal ball or some other tool which could be peculiar to the mystic. Be content to wait for the trend to develop and then take advantage of it once it has been established.

10. Never answer a margin call.

This rule acts as a stop loss when your position has weakened considerably. By dogmatically and arbitrarily adhering to this rule, you will be forced to get out of the market before disaster sets it. It is often difficult to admit you're wrong and get out of the market (which you probably should have done well before you received a margin call). However, the presence of a margin call should act as a final warning that you have let your position go as far as you conceivably can (unless the initial margin is out of line with the volatility of the contract).

11. You can usually sell the first rally or buy the first break.

Generally, a market which has just established a trend either up or down will have a reaction and good interim profits can be made by recognizing this reaction and taking advantage of it. For example, in a bull market, the first reaction will generally be met by investors waiting to buy the break. This support generally causes the market to rally. The reverse is true of a bear market.

12. Never straddle a loss.

A loss by itself is difficult enough to accept. However, to lock in this loss, thus making it necessary for you to be right twice rather than the once (which you previously found impossible) is sheer absurdity.

While the following are not specific trading rules, they are general observations

which will aid the speculator in formulating an understanding of markets:

You must retain control of the situation and yourself. Do not allow your position to control you. It is a mistake to find yourself in a position larger than you can reasonable handle. When this occurs, you will find that the sheer size of the position, rather than the facts of the situation itself, affects your judgement.

The commodity does not know that you own it. You must remain impersonal in your trading. When you take a position and you are wrong, remember it is better to get out immediately! The market will not feed badly about it if you do, but you will if you don't.

The market always looks its worst at its bottom, and the best at the top. It is important to remember that before the market turns around, it is at its very worst. Therefore, be prepared to treat each day objectively by not allowing the emotional fever to carry over and cloud your judgment.

Equity...Equity...Equity...Not Cash. If a man is long from 100 points below the market and you are long from the opening that day, you both had the same amount invested in the market from the time both of you were long. Therefore, if the market goes up ten points, you each have made the same amount that day. If the market goes down 10 points, you have each lost the same amount. You should not be confused by the fact that someone has taken a position before you. You must be concerned with your own situation primarily. Each day, start fresh. Your paper profits or losses from previous days should not enter into your decisions regarding the course of action you will take.

Treat paper profits as if they are your own money. They are! Naturally, the opposite also holds true.

----------- original link below -----------------
Rules of Futures Trading

1ST DD URE AT 80
2ND AT 64
3RD AT 53.2
ETC,,,,,
AS THE AC DECREASES THE EFFECT IS NOT ON THE ORIGINAI AMOUNT -
BUT 20 PERCENT I AM NOT COMFORTABiE WITH -
I WIii speak with him about that

You need to learn a little more about what drawdown is.

It is not the biggest loss per trade. If the drawdown on a tested system is 20%, that would be based on the longest run of losing trades.To lose 20% of your pot on a single trade would be risking a huge amount. Didn't you already say he was risking only 10% per trade ? If so - then 10% is your max loss per trade (exlcuding slippage) but 20% would not be your largest drawdown in that case.

To put this in simple terms - let's say a system has been running 5 years & in that time the longest losing streak was 10 trades. If that 10 trades yielded a loss of 20%, then that would be your max drawdown.

Last edited:
This is so boring... :sleep:

Boring? Is that your opinion or a fact?

The Mechanical Day Trader, you are doing what most vendors do when they come to this site. You assert your "humble opinion" and say that others are entitled to their own opinion as well but if it is different to yours it is wrong and unprofessional.

Vendors..:rolleyes:

As for your "12 Golden Rules For Successful Trading"...genius, who would've thunk it!

Old Forum Salts spews inneundo...

Boring? Is that your opinion or a fact?

The Mechanical Day Trader, you are doing what most vendors do when they come to this site. You assert your "humble opinion" and say that others are entitled to their own opinion as well but if it is different to yours it is wrong and unprofessional.

Vendors..:rolleyes:

As for your "12 Golden Rules For Successful Trading"...genius, who would've thunk it!

Once again, crusty old Forum Salt...
#1 -- you are hijacking this thread (moderators should be warning you about this, imo)
#2 --you offer no documentation for any of your statements and no annotation by experts or 3rd Parties for your opinion.

You crusty old salts are mere echo chambers of false claims, intolerance and (since you don't state any credible 3rd party sources), ignorance.

Please state (provide date, time stamps) crusty old Forum Salts (that need bifocals)
-- I state a "humble opinion" in this thread- you can't quote it (if a post is not in this thread, then it is off topic)
--- state where I said my opinion is the only opinion that is correct. I state that using a 1:1 money management technique for trading is unprofessional for newbies - I stand by that statement. That may work for skilled Scalpers, but that cannot be considered for "daytrading" without copiously footnoting the risk/reward/drawdown warnings for futures traders.

My posts deal exclusively with daytrading the Dow Futures. Scalping is Scalping, Scalping cannot be termed a 100% definition of "trading". Me and one other poster discussed the frequent 100 point moves in the Dow - does that mean crusty old salts are recommending newbies have a 100 point stop loss for daytrading the Dow??? If you crusty old salts would stay on topic, we're discussing this:

========================================================================
"my questions are really geared at eminis traders and i would be very grateful for your advice on money management and risk issues on this particular vehicle.,
1-
the traders normal wins are in the region of 2 to 3 points,he often takes less.sometimes even a tick(.25)
his losses are often only a tick but he has said that he sometimes sets stops 15 points away from his entry,"

I replied to IKEANO with the following:
Theoretically, you risk $1 to make $3 in the futures market. Since he might be using a pretty good pivot method an exception can be made, however, any string of losses would take you out of the game quickly, and also cast doubt on his paper traded account.

There are pivots in the e-mini market that occur in the AM and in the PM...knowing the pivot, and the time it was created in the past will clue the trader into knowing when to enter the limit order for that pivot to be hit and cause a reversal. If he's doing what I think he's doing, he's ok; occassional large losses is the only pain, with multiple contracts it can wipe out 2 weeks of profits. That's why I would exercise very tight money management at all times.

I clearly state that IF the guys' methodology is good, a theoretical 1:3 risk ratio can be ignored, but I recommend starting out with only 1 contract on a $50k account. Conservative, patient..using dollar cost averaging (of # of contracts vs risk).

Note: I display flexibility, not intolerance when I throw out the 1:3 money management ratio IF the guy's methodology is pretty bullet-proof. There is a dirty little secret in the S & P and the Mini Dow about institutional stops - this makes his methodology pretty good If I think he knows what I think he knows.
===========================================================================

--- state where my opinion is correct and all others are wrong & unprofessional - please quote with date and timestamps - whatever thread you [won't] find that in - put the post there (stay on topic, do not pollute threads Old Forum Salts That Need Bifocals)

---- obviously, crusty old Forum Salt - MR. 1,690 POSTS you didn't read #3 and #4 of of "12 Golden Rules" because it totally supports my money management techniques I explained earlier...and may be considered a defacto standard of futures money management, pretty much everywhere - including Tradestation Systems, which are the World-Class standard of automated trading - IN THE WORLD - that means PLANET EARTH. [DIRECT HIT] duh..

Now go out to LensCrafters and buy some bifocals and -------- if you don't have any useful, constructive comments about money management for IKEANO, bugger off.

Speaking on behalf of many fellow TRADESTATION programmers and systems analysts...

1: use strict money management for new trading systems/methods
2: use conservative dollar cost averaging scaling into any new system or methodology
3: have a plan and stick with it - using the 12 Golden Rules is a good rule of thumb - don't throw out those rules (even temporarily) unless your overall risk on your discretionary account is minimal - then you are 'gambling' with pennies and hey - that's fun but don't make a habit of it and don't bet the dang Farm or even the Barn!

Please see my earlier posts for some low risk setups that have tight stops and known profit objectives -- trading otherwise really increases your risk & number of antacid tablets needed. The above are guidelines to understanding that index futures is a pretty manipulated game - you need to play the right cards at the right time if you are going for significant trading results, regardless of your methodology.

Let's try to stay on topic within threads -- Good Trading Everyone!

The Mechanical Day Trader :cheesy:

Mechanical Day Trader,

Keeping your risk at the 1:3 ratio, you can win 33% of the time and still break even (not counting commissions). Assuming some of your wins exceed your minimum profit objective of 15 points, and your win/loss ratio is maybe 45%, your profit can be substantial.

Anyone can pull numbers out of thin air and say "assuming". I am saying EXACTLY the same thing you are but with different numbers. You can make a substantial profit with a much higher win % and smaller risk/reward ratio. It's simple arithmetic....and I'm not trying to sell anything :-0

My trading is based on battlehardened, REAL WORLD experience, not rehashed booklearned rubbish...OK?.. So YOU bugger off, Mr non-original, booklearned salesman!

booklearned rubbish? kinda like driving on the correct side of the road -- some things never change as basic rules for trading (not scalping).

If you are trading (not scalping) you will likely start with the 1:3 rule and attempt to optimize from there -- some things never change, and that's one of 'em! (12 Golden Rules document what you "mock"). What sources do you have to backup your trading methodology??? no facts, just hot air. Beware of hot air generators, Forum Readers!! :confused:

You're a one note narrowed mind song New_Trader; try broadening your scope to include at 2 more people in the planet of FIVE BILLION+, ok? Now Communist China has more people on the internet than the descending US of A (do I have Chinese Language class tonight?? LOL).

Check my other thread in "Trade Journals", a good trading style (not scalping) is to only enter positions where there are multiple profit objectives. If you are in a trading range, there might only be one profit objective - thus you hit your objective and you are done. If you find yourself in a overbought or oversold condition that is likely to be "cured" by a decent trend (yeah, those little, itty bitty Dow Trends of 80 points, 125 points, etc that occur about twice a day). The first hour of the Dow almost always presents multiple profit objectives and a likely 100 pt trend 90% of the time.

Here's a likely Dow scenario you can use 6+ hours a day:
-- you can take your initial profit objective on your first contract
-- move your other contracts to breakeven (the ob or os condition is cured, the trend has started)
-- let your other contracts run as far as the market goes, getting out at a known reversal formation (using Dow time and price rules)

For the other 4.9+ Billion people out there that MIGHT read this Forum to 'broaden' their trading horizons instead of getting a thousand posts from Crusty Old One Note Futures Traders (that need bifocals) here's some cool numbers from a Tradestation developer I have no relation with. I show these System Report numbers just to demonstrate you how the 1:3 ratio really works over a broad range of commodities -- and about 7000 trades -- you might be able to create something different but it won't work (probably) over the long term over a broad range of market action.

Net Profit $2,684,282
% Time In Market 89%
% Winning Trades 39%
Win/Loss Ratio 2.6 to 1
Avg Winning Trade $2,555
Avg Losing Trade $973
Avg # Trades/Commodity/Yr 12

here's the link for the full dog and pony show (I do not endorse anything, it is simply for illustration!!) -- note the Equity Curve graph -- some systems I have written years ago looked kinda similar -- nice long peaks upward, short abbreviated peaks downward -- nothing, however, as impressive as what is contained in this link. Have no idea if the dang thing works, but the theory is there. This is one of the targets you can aim for when designing a automated system that sticks to the 1:3 risk management rule -- and you will likey stay out of debtor's prison as well.

Good Trading Everyone!

The Mechanical Day Trader :cool:

Money Management Illustration

Here's the link to the Tradestation System Report I refer to above --

Catscan

Again, no relation, not hawking anything..just a good, clear illustration of how using tried and true money management will protect you from ruin over the long haul. I don't trade anything like this and it's not my cup of tea, but dudes with idle discretionary accounts eat this stuff up. Look at the consistency of the math throughout the entire backtesting. Amazing!

Average % of wins is 39% and look at that EQUITY CURVE!! It goes STRAIGHT UP because of

********** 1:3 money mangement *************

Good Trading !

some things never change as basic rules for trading (not scalping).

For the other 4.9+ Billion people out there that MIGHT read this Forum to 'broaden' their trading horizons instead of getting a thousand posts from Crusty Old One Note Futures Traders (that need bifocals)

What part of your own advice do you not understand?

Here's the link to the Tradestation System Report I refer to above --

Catscan

Again, no relation, not hawking anything..just a good, clear illustration of how using tried and true money management will protect you from ruin over the long haul. I don't trade anything like this and it's not my cup of tea, but dudes with idle discretionary accounts eat this stuff up. Look at the consistency of the math throughout the entire backtesting. Amazing!

Average % of wins is 39% and look at that EQUITY CURVE!! It goes STRAIGHT UP because of

********** 1:3 money mangement *************

Good Trading !

So why are you trying to sell it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Show me a system that trades 7000 times that doesn't use 1:3 money management. And the drawdowns on the guy's backtesting (his system consistently wins awards) is not too painful. Good profit factors as well. Put up or Shxt Up!

Show me your system results with 7000 trades with 1:1 managment trading more than one market - also show your profit factor and equity curve.

People that use this Forum need to be guided by solid advice, not undocumented claims by hot air generators. Show this Forum proof of your claims.

Show me a system that trades 7000 times that doesn't use 1:3 money management. And the drawdowns on the guy's backtesting (his system consistently wins awards) is not too painful. Good profit factors as well. Put up or Shxt Up!

Show me your system results with 7000 trades with 1:1 managment trading more than one market - also show your profit factor and equity curve.

People that use this Forum need to be guided by solid advice, not undocumented claims by hot air generators. Show this Forum proof of your claims.

System :LOL::LOL:

You haven't got a clue, have you? :rolleyes: