eminis contracts -what is the risk??

......go to LensCrafters .......

So why are you trying to sell it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Buy some eyeglasses. I have no relationship to this dude...and I'm not hawking it. The guy has won many awards for his system development - so his documentation may be a model to learn from.

I use the illustration merely to show how money management will keep you in the game for 6910 trades over a number of years and a broad range of markets.

The Crusty Old Dogs are getting restless...can't stand new blood! Can't stand new information that confirms solid trading rules:p

The Mechanical Day Trader

Buy some eyeglasses. I have no relationship to this dude...and I'm not hawking it. The guy has won many awards for his system development - so his documentation may be a model to learn from.

I use the illustration merely to show how money management will keep you in the game for 6910 trades over a number of years and a broad range of markets.

The Crusty Old Dogs are getting restless...can't stand new blood! Can't stand new information that confirms solid trading rules:p

Let me teach you something about logic and consistency.

Consider the following statement

A=B+C

Now, you don’t need to understand what A,B,C represent in order to know that

B = A-C

Do you understand?

So, tell me again, do the rules of trading change or not? If they do not change, why is there a need to keep designing NEW systems?

What can “NEW blood” possibly bring to the table as far as trading advice is concerned?

P.S: I didn’t say I traded a 1:1 system. So perhaps you should be getting a new prescription for your monocle.

This is a Money Management Thread

I believe IKEANO's concerns about money management in the e-mini market has been suitably addressed by previous comments. If someone has new money management ideas (and supporting documentation) I look forward to their posts.

Hey IKEANO, pls keep us posted on what is going on with your trading, por favor -- this is YOUR thread, by the way!;)

Good Trading Everyone!

hi aII

ive been far too engrossed with your internaI debates to get personaIIy invoIved
i thank u aII for your contributions-
i am going over to meet with the trader in a few weeks and wiII Iet you know how i get on ,
when i get a chance maybe over the weekend i wiII read aII the posts ye have made in detaiI and respond to them when i understand them.
i have spoken with the traders broker by way of checking him out and aII i know for sure is that the demo account was reaI-
He did make some other comments which are not reIevant -
again i thank you aII for your inpiut and appreciate it-
brian

I believe IKEANO's concerns about money management in the e-mini market has been suitably addressed by previous comments. If someone has new money management ideas (and supporting documentation) I look forward to their posts.

Hey IKEANO, pls keep us posted on what is going on with your trading, por favor -- this is YOUR thread, by the way!;)

Good Trading Everyone!

Show me a system that trades 7000 times that doesn't use 1:3 money management. And the drawdowns on the guy's backtesting (his system consistently wins awards) is not too painful. Good profit factors as well. Put up or Shxt Up!
Try showing some real world trading results rather than back testing.

In my earlier days I once designed a system for the Aussie S&P 200 index that had a win % of 87% and a max drawdown of 11%. Thought I'd found the holy grail of all holy grails. Unfortunately it was completely curve fitted and useless.
mechanicaldaytrader said:
Show me your system results with 7000 trades with 1:1 managment trading more than one market - also show your profit factor and equity curve.
Most profitable traders I know concentrate on one market only. Get a feel for it, learn how it moves and become an expert in it.

Once again, just because you prefer to use a mechanical system on many different markets at once does not mean that this the end all be all and best way to do it.
People that use this Forum need to be guided by solid advice, not undocumented claims by hot air generators. Show this Forum proof of your claims.

Haven't seen much real world documented proof of your claims. Seen alot of "backtest" results. Seen alot of "I would have done this". Even saw one "this trade was called almost live" as if calling something only a little after the fact is better than calling it days after the fact! :LOL: Seen alot of copy and pasted rules. All tagged with IMO.

So where's your proof? Don't bother, I'm not actually interested.

Cheers,
PKFFW

another 1000+ poster needs bifocals

........this thread is about money management "senior member"....suggest you stick to the thread topic. When discussing money management, show the proof of risking $$ with a higher risk than 1:3. You 400+, 1000+ posters throw bricks but don't have any documentation or proof of successful trading with risk > 1:3.

If you actually read my other threads, your comments would have been answered. BTW, trading history is useless since it can be done via discretion, the ability to prove the rules via past charts is what is sacred, particularly the first hour's trading in the Dow (see trade journal thread) -- adding on contracts (via rules when a trend develops) increases the trading profit exponentially. The other thing the charts prove is the ability to get LIMIT ORDERS FILLED ! That issue is addressed in EACH post of the Trading Journal thread.

Folks one of the important issues trading intraday futures is not to get lousy fills by entering via market order. Mechanically, you want to enter 2 points > the Green Line (see earlier post with chart in this thread) for long entries and -1 point < Orange Line for short entries. Of course, if the market is trading equal or better than your limit, just execute a market order right there.

quote by PKFFW;
Seen alot of "I would have done this". Even saw one "this trade was called almost live" as if calling something only a little after the fact is better than calling it days after the fact! Seen alot of copy and pasted rules. All tagged with IMO.

Also, PKFFW, you also need Bifocals, since I never use imo, I would have done this in my trade journals or in the posts in this thread discussing past trades. The terms are posted at the beginning of the journal; I specify the Institutional support or resistance level - if you can't discern what that is, then you're showing your lack of formal training in technicals. Also, join the club of 400+ posters that don't accurately read comments...;

Obviously PKFFW, you have not read the blog info regard "the 500 point weekly guarantee" - it's withstood 2 yrs of scrutiny by a score of traders. I don't give out trading rules in Forums, those are for clients.

PKFFW quote:
In my earlier days I once designed a system for the Aussie S&P 200 index that had a win % of 87% and a max drawdown of 11%. Thought I'd found the holy grail of all holy grails. Unfortunately it was completely curve fitted and useless.

It's not my system, --- the system's website clearly documents it's credibility for the past 14 years with a plethora of awards. The purpose of that post is to document the overwhelming evidence supporting a 1:3 money management rule covering thousands of trades and many markets.
Contact the system vendor if you want more info. Buy some bifocals.

With todays' technology using Strategy Runner and the PATS system, issues with slippage in liquid markets is largely a moot point. Critiquing backtesting going back several years, one must question the data used, technology and liquidity available at that date and time. I have substantial sums currently traded by 3rd party Tradestation systems (that I pay CTA fees as their client) and the issue is moot in today's technology (the systems trade 100+ lots all the time, there is minimal variance with the corresponding Tradestation System Report).

The Mechanical Day Trader :cool:

Last edited:
Firstly you are so fond of advising any who disagree with you to buy a pair of glasses......then you title your post "another 1000+ poster needs bifocals".

So either you need glasses yourself or you can't count. Which is it?
........this thread is about money management "senior member"....suggest you stick to the thread topic. When discussing money management, show the proof of risking $$ with a higher risk than 1:3. You 400+, 1000+ posters throw bricks but don't have any documentation or proof of successful trading with risk > 1:3.
1: You see no reason to stick to the topic of money management, instead posting a bunch of market commentary and trade ideas as a way of drumming up business. The very tenuous link of "I'm talking about risk:reward of 1:3" aside, you have gone off topic right from the start.
2: You still have not shown any proof of successful trading so why do you keep asking others to do so?
If you actually read my other threads, your comments would have been answered. BTW, trading history is useless since it can be done via discretion, the ability to prove the rules via past charts is what is sacred,
1: I have no interest in reading your other threads. I am responding to what you have posted in this thread. I shouldn't have to read every single post you ever make in order to understand what you have posted in this thread. If you can't explain yourself clearly and consisely in each post then you should learn better communication skills.
2: I would suggest the "ability to prove the rules via past charts is what is sacred" is absolute B.S. I can curve fit a bunch of rules to past charts with the best of them. It means nothing. What is "sacred" is the ability to make money.
particularly the first hour's trading in the Dow (see trade journal thread) -- adding on contracts (via rules when a trend develops) increases the trading profit exponentially. The other thing the charts prove is the ability to get LIMIT ORDERS FILLED ! That issue is addressed in EACH post of the Trading Journal thread.
Again you are incorrect. A friend of mine does alot of backtesting using tradestation. I know that if, during backtesting, price touches your limit order on either entry or exit it is automatically assumed to have been filled. That is not realistic at all. Only if price penetrates your limit order can you be assured you got a fill but tradestation does not work that way.
Folks one of the important issues trading intraday futures is not to get lousy fills by entering via market order. Mechanically, you want to enter 2 points > the Green Line (see earlier post with chart in this thread) for long entries and -1 point < Orange Line for short entries. Of course, if the market is trading equal or better than your limit, just execute a market order right there.
I agree getting good fills is important but something strikes me as strange...

You keep talking about gaining 100 points+ a day using your method and yet you think it is critical not to lose 2 or 3 in slippage?
Also, PKFFW, you also need Bifocals, since I never use imo, I would have done this in my trade journals or in the posts in this thread discussing past trades. The terms are posted at the beginning of the journal; I specify the Institutional support or resistance level - if you can't discern what that is, then you're showing your lack of formal training in technicals. Also, join the club of 400+ posters that don't accurately read comments...;
Well ok yes you have never used IMO together with "I would have done this". But close enough. Lots of IMO, lots of "past charts this and back test that". And I'm still giggling about post #17 "This is posted almost realtime" classic!
Obviously PKFFW, you have not read the blog info regard "the 500 point weekly guarantee" - it's withstood 2 yrs of scrutiny by a score of traders. I don't give out trading rules in Forums, those are for clients.
Actually I did have a browse of your site and saw your "guarantee".

Seems to me to be pretty useless as you are the sole adjudicator in the end.....

"If claim is substantiated by the author of the Guaranteed One Minute Methodology and DayRaider 1.1 software"

So legally speaking all you have to do is disagree with the claim and poof, it's gone!

Also for someone who keeps trumpeting his vast experience trading futures you don't seem to put much emphasis on that in your profile on the page. Only mention of it is that you have been using tradestation for 10 years. All the rest is about your computer experience and database programming, insurance salesman, raising capital and working for other companies. None of which has anything to do with trading.

So do share all this trading experience? Who for? Where at? Surely with your holy grail system that guarantees 100 points a day for over 2 years now you'd be one of the richest men in the world by this time simply by compounding the number of contracts?
With todays' technology using Strategy Runner and the PATS system, issues with slippage in liquid markets is largely a moot point. Critiquing backtesting going back several years, one must question the data used, technology and liquidity available at that date and time. I have substantial sums currently traded by 3rd party Tradestation systems (that I pay CTA fees as their client) and the issue is moot in today's technology (the systems trade 100+ lots all the time, there is minimal variance with the corresponding Tradestation System Report).

But you have the guaranteed holy grail getting 100+ points a day for over 2 years now. Why would you ever pay fees to have someone else trade your money for you? Seems a bit silly.

Also, earlier you were saying a hugely important aspect about day trading is getting good fills and avoiding slippage. Now you are saying slippage is "largely a moot point". So which is it? I know, it is moot when it suits your argument and it is important when it suits your argument right?

Cheers,
PKFFW

can't swim at the deep end for long...

re;why would you ever pay fees to have someone else trade your money for you? Seems a bit silly.
Tradestation is automated ; DayRaider 1.1 is discretionary...do they teach the 2 different methods in Down Under? (you still need bifocals) -- I don't steal other people's systems; they make me dinero while I do nothing but check statements..duh. it's called a DISCRETIONARY ACCOUNT...it ain't the rent money. Some successful daytraders have bunches of cash lying around looking for low risk automated systems ....the systems typically net 200% per year...the systems are closed, no new clients are accepted.

re: guaranteed methodology
both parties have the trading rules; any judgement by me would have to conform to published trading rules. Since the methodology yields about 200 points or 300 points a day, I have no fear of being challenged; if so, I owe the client $200. wow...You also are questioning my integrity...I resent that.

almost posted realtime.
...yeah, guys could have still gotten into the trend...

re: You keep talking about gaining 100 points+ a day using your method and yet you think it is critical not to lose 2 or 3 in slippage?

TRADE THE REVERSAL--- .enter via limit order near the reversal number, exit via market order near the reversal number....attention to detail.....Limit Order Entry is precise...The reversal numbers are pretty precise, if I am consistently off (limit orders not being filled or entries being stopped out frequently) then my Mechanical math would have to evaluated. It does not need to be evaluated presently cuz it works every day. So a few ticks is important..again, attention to detail.

re: Again you are incorrect. A friend of mine does alot of backtesting using tradestation. I know that if, during backtesting, price touches your limit order on either entry or exit it is automatically assumed to have been filled. That is not realistic at all. Only if price penetrates your limit order can you be assured you got a fill but tradestation does not work that way.

your friend that does backtesting has some learning to do regards due diligence...that stuff just doesn't happen in major markets with deep liquidity and good programming. Any issues with prices being touched is automatically adjusted in the code by EXPERT programmers. The speed of the chart also creates a huge difference in due diligence/credibility of backtesting...that level of expertise and discernment is over the head of many in this field I guess. (the limit order frequently gets hit by more than one bar, duh! reversal times are measured, for limit order creation and fill....duh! [limit price is adjusted to overcome any TS issues by an EXPERT programmer])

1: You see no reason to stick to the topic of money management, instead posting a bunch of market commentary and trade ideas as a way of drumming up business. The very tenuous link of "I'm talking about risk:reward of 1:3" aside, you have gone off topic right from the start.
2: You still have not shown any proof of successful trading so why do you keep asking others to do so?

I wrote the posts. The posts were discussing money management and risk reward ratios. You did not write the posts. You do not dictate the intent of the posts, the writer does. Get over it. No one has submitted any source/proof of better money management techniques. You're once again in the wrong thread, go somewhere else and flail at windmills that do not exist.

Some folks are capable of swimming in the deep end of the pool for quite some time...you and your Tradestation buddy are likely not able to.

Keep typing, I won't answer any further numbskull posts by you or others that need bifocals. Done.

Brian,

Mechanical Day Trader is a SALESMAN, he is NOT a TRADER. You can't be a real trader and say absolute and utter rubbish like:

the important issues trading intraday futures is not to get lousy fills by entering via market order.

Not to enter market orders? :rolleyes:

I ONLY trade with market orders. I don't take guesses.

See, Know, Act... don't guess!! :!:

QUOTE:
Brian,

Mechanical Day Trader is a SALESMAN, he is NOT a TRADER. You can't be a real trader and say absolute and utter rubbish like:

Quote:
the important issues trading intraday futures is not to get lousy fills by entering via market order.
Not to enter market orders?

END QUOTE

...hysterical

...the Mechanical Day Trader doesn't GUESS, -- taking a market order instead of waiting patiently for a likely retracement of the institutional stop (and getting a limit order filled at my target)

is the ........

......crowning...

......dumbest comment known to technical traders.

Here's the full quote, {of course} taken out of context by New_Trader

//quote
......"The other thing the charts prove is the ability to get LIMIT ORDERS FILLED ! That issue is addressed in EACH post of the Trading Journal thread.

Folks one of the important issues trading intraday futures is not to get lousy fills by entering via market order. Mechanically, you want to enter 2 points > the Green Line (see earlier post with chart in this thread) for long entries and -1 point < Orange Line for short entries. Of course, if the market is trading equal or better than your limit, just execute a market order right there.".........

//end quote

Hey IKEANO, you've now got some choice reading for the weekend....I couldn't let that last slip by....so far we've got a kung fu -poker playing firefighter (who doesn't have time to trade!) from Sydney and some dude in Tony Blair-land with zero, zilch, nada in his profile. The rantings of this group is likely to get even more ignorant.

Hopefully their sperm is NOT creating more idiots....heaven forbid their children work at a brokerage some day.....I won't be trading by then, LOL :clap:

May God Bless everyone's technical trading!

The Mechanical Day Trader:cool:

Brian,

Not to enter market orders? :rolleyes:

See, Know, Act... don't guess!! :!:

This link provides PICTURES of the 30 DUMBEST posters on this forum**

30 Dumbest People In Hollywood - Photos - WNBC | New York

** not really, but the 30 dumbest Hollywood types are pictured...the photo of KRAMER [insert Sydney firefighter-kung fu-poker player - ] HERE.

:D:D:D:LOL::LOL::LOL::clap::LOL::LOL::LOL::D:D:D

Some successful daytraders have bunches of cash lying around looking for low risk automated systems ....the systems typically net 200% per year...the systems are closed, no new clients are accepted.

Remember Brian, successful traders existed more than 100 years ago, long before computers, automated trading and even mechanicaldaytrader! :idea:

stuff just doesn't happen in major markets with deep liquidity and good programming. Any issues with prices being touched automatically adjusted in the code by EXPERT programmers. The speed of the chart also creates a huge difference in due diligence/credibility of backtesting...that level of expertise and discernment is over the head of many in this field I guess. (the limit order frequently gets hit by more than one bar, duh! reversal times are measured, for limit order creation and fill....duh! [limit price is adjusted to overcome any TS issues by an EXPERT programmer])

Brian, you are interested in TRADING, not code writing. If you want to learn how to trade you need to talk to TRADERS, not expert programmers! :idea:

mechanicaldaytrader is a SOFTWARE SALESMAN, not a TRADER :!::!::!:

Tradestation is automated ; DayRaider 1.1 is discretionary...do they teach the 2 different methods in Down Under? (you still need bifocals) -- I don't steal other people's systems; they make me dinero while I do nothing but check statements..duh. it's called a DISCRETIONARY ACCOUNT...it ain't the rent money. Some successful daytraders have bunches of cash lying around looking for low risk automated systems ....the systems typically net 200% per year...the systems are closed, no new clients are accepted.
Guess we are just different. If I had the guaranteed holy grail absolutely positively ensuring I got 100 points a day I wouldn't waste any of my money paying someone else to trade. I'd just bump the size up till I could trade 1 day a month and enjoy the rest of life.

If you want to pay somene to make a measley 200% per year(measley compared to the guaranteed holy grail ensuring 100 points a day you beaut system that is) then that's your perogative of course.
re: guaranteed methodology
both parties have the trading rules; any judgement by me would have to conform to published trading rules. Since the methodology yields about 200 points or 300 points a day, I have no fear of being challenged; if so, I owe the client $200. wow...You also are questioning my integrity...I resent that.
1: You put your integrity on the line by being a vendor of a product. Of course anyone deciding whether to buy your product or not will base that decision at least partly on your integrity. If you don't want your integrity questioned, don't be vendor.
2: You rationalising and reasoning about how many points a day the method yields is not the point. Legally speaking, the way you have worded your guarantee(no doubt very carefully and with much forethought) ensures that all you have to do is disagree with the claim and no refund needed. If you were really so sure the method would "guarantee" the claimed profits why not simply guarantee it and not go to the trouble to carefully word the guarantee to ensure you always have an out?
almost posted realtime.
...yeah, guys could have still gotten into the trend...
Uh say again??? You claim you have to get a limit fill at a certain price for entry. If you call the trade after that price has come and gone how is anyone supposed to get on board with you?

"Almost realtime" is as good as useless. Anyone can make perfect calls in hindsight.
your friend that does backtesting has some learning to do regards due diligence...that stuff just doesn't happen in major markets with deep liquidity and good programming. Any issues with prices being touched is automatically adjusted in the code by EXPERT programmers. The speed of the chart also creates a huge difference in due diligence/credibility of backtesting...that level of expertise and discernment is over the head of many in this field I guess. (the limit order frequently gets hit by more than one bar, duh! reversal times are measured, for limit order creation and fill....duh! [limit price is adjusted to overcome any TS issues by an EXPERT programmer])
More BS I'm sorry to say.

No amout of programming can "assure" you got a fill. You can program to assume a fill would have been gotten after so many touches or bars. You can program to assume you got a fill if price stays at a level for a certain period of time. You can program to assume all sorts of things. That's all it is though, programmed assumptions.

There are only two ways to assure you got a fill........
1: Take a live trade, in the market and get your fill.
2: Price penetrates through your limit order level.

Now assuming that you put so much effort into explaining the idea that programming can assure us we got a fill even if price only touched our limit I'd have to assume some of your results come from these kinds of "fills". Therefore your results are not accurate. Simple fact. They may be close, I'll grant you, but they are not accurate.
I wrote the posts. The posts were discussing money management and risk reward ratios. You did not write the posts. You do not dictate the intent of the posts, the writer does. Get over it. No one has submitted any source/proof of better money management techniques. You're once again in the wrong thread, go somewhere else and flail at windmills that do not exist.
The writer does not dictate the intent. The writer only attempts to dictate the intent. What is actually written, the words themselves, dictates the intent. What you have written clearly illustrates your intent for all to see.

Your musings may be about money management but your intent is clearly to drum up business for your site. Drumming up business for your site is all well and good but should really be kept to the thread you started specifically to do so.
Keep typing, I won't answer any further numbskull posts by you or others that need bifocals. Done.

Your subsequent posts in this thread make a liar of you. So again you bring your integrity into question. If you can't even keep your word for a few hours on a BB why would anyone trust you to honour your "guarantee"?

Cheers,
PKFFW