Economic Calendar

hallcol

Anyone know a free website that has a detailed economic calendar. I.E. One that has dates and times for announcements by most central banks etc??

With GBP/USD I would imagine that news releases from only the UK and USA will have an effect.

However, with EUR/USD i would imagine that news releases from various European countries will have an effect. Therefore, would you agree that intraday trading EUR/USD requires paying closer attention to the economic calendar than when trading GBP/USD?

Which announcements/announcements from which European countries seem to have an effect on EUR/USD?

Also, are there any announcements that are general/collective 'European' announcements, as opposed to announcements from individual European countries?

Many thanks

jtrader.

jtrader said:
Also, are there any announcements that are general/collective 'European' announcements, as opposed to announcements from individual European countries?

Jtrader

I guess the main ones to watch out for are from the ECB and possibly the EU in general and anything coming out of Germany is probably relevant too.

Stew