Easy street

rossored

All these years I've slaved away, working hard to get what I want.

Now I discover that all I need to do is reply to this one email and all my worries are solved (received in my inbox this morning...)

COCA-COLA ONLINE PROMOTIONS!!!
THE COCA COLA COMPANY Hong Kong office is Giving Away 1 cars For "FREE"!! And cash bonus of $800,000.00
The Company is trying e-mail to e-mail advertising to introduce its products.
The reward you received for advertising for them is a Mercedes-Benz, ML class jeep convertible free of cost! Including cash prize of $800,000,00

To receive your free car all you need to do is send us your
1. Full name:
2. Address / contact number:
3. Country of origin:
4. Occupation:
5. Email:
Within 1 month you will receive a free car. A draw has just been concluded in Hong Kong last weekend
(we contacted you via your email address).

You must send your contact information to, [email protected] OR [email protected]
Kind Regards,
Sandy Robert
Sales /Marketing Manager
coca cola Asia
Hong Kong
+852 92460903

I just had to share this with you all because I feel it represents a truly great opportunity ;)

But honestly, how stupid must spammers be to think that people would actually go for this stuff? Or, maybe (eeek), people really are that stupid?

Answers on a postcard please.

EDIT: in fact, do Mercedes even make an "ML class jeep 'convertible'" - I think not.

Slaving away Matt? What you playing at, trading is easy!

You'd be surprised how many people do go for it though and sign up for them. I've had loads of them recently. Really obscure headers and titles and the some random stock announcement I've never heard of. The annoying part is yahoo doesn't mark them as spam for some reason and of course they keep changing the 'from' title so your constantly riddled with them!

now if you'll excuse, me, I just need go write an email..... :LOL:

Well so far I've won around 5 and a half million in the last 2 weeks. All from the same lotto company. 2 and a half million came from a thunderball entry. AND There was an extra number and a extra bonus ball on my ticket!

Oh I must be really lucky!!!

I don't think that the emails came from a yahoo free email address should give me any cause for concern. And not everyone can actually get all the words spelt correctly and in the right context in any case.

They must have made the melling spistakes cause they are excited for me!

This one is even better. But they want me to keep it secret until I have the money.

"For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.please you are advised to contact the agent with your winning
numbers,"

But it is so secret they fogot to tell me what my winning numbers were!!!

British Lottery Headquarters:
Customer Service
28 TANFIELD ROAD, Ref: BTL/491OXI/04
Batch: 12/25/0304

WINNINGNOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw (#471) of the BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY,online Sweepstakes International program held on 13th FEB., 2007.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 500,000 (Five Hundred thousand pounds sterling) in cash credited to file
KTU/9023118308/03.

This is from a total cash prize of 10,000,000 shared amongst the first four (4) lucky winners in this category i.e Match 5 plus bonus.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play
coupon. (5647560054) In view of this, your 500,000 (Five Hundred thousand pounds sterling) would be released to you by any of our payment offices in Europe.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.please you are advised to contact the agent with your winning
numbers,this is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.

To file for your claim, please contact our fiduciary agent and Provide
him with the information below:
1.Name:
2.Address:
3.Marital Status:
4.Occupation:
5.Age:
6.Sex:
7.Nationality:
8.Country Of Residence:
9.Telephone Number:
10.Fax Number:
11.Draw Number above:
12.Annual income:

Mr. Smith Chuks
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number:+447031891380
( Fudiciary Agent)

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Billy Cole
Online coordinator for UK NATIONAL LOTTERY

What? You've won another £500k? Options, you must be the luckiest man in the world!

Still, just this morning I 'accidentally' bounced several fortunes back to the senders and over the weekend turned down yet another fortune from the solicitor of a very rich man who was killed in a plane crash I've never heard of some years ago in a part of the world I've never heard of.

:sigh: oh well - can't win 'em all.

And again:

Subject: UK NATIONAL LOTTERY

We are pleased to inform you of the result that just concluded from
UK NATIONAL LOTTERY programs draws. The online cyber lotto draws was
conducted from an exclusive list of 21,000 email addresses of
individual
and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer
search from the internet, no tickets were sold. After this automated
computer ballot, your email address was emerged as category "A" winner.
You
as well as the other winner to receive a cash prize of 250,000.00
(Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Pounds only). To begin the claims
processing of your winnings prize you are advised to contact our
processing
agent for prize claims Via Email with the following winning information:
To file your claim, please contact the processing agent;
Barr. William McGill.
Please note; You are hereby advice to send the claims officer the
following;
1. Your full name and address
2. Your age, sex and occupation
3. Your personal phone and fax number
NOTE: You are to contact your claims officer immediately.

Here's a scam I had drop into my mailbox today along the lines of the nigerian one:

Subject: YOUR URGENT RESPONSE IS HIGHLY NEEDED IMMEDIATELY !!!

NATWEST BANK PLC
LAMBETH PALACE RD
LONDON SE1 7EH
FROM THE DESK OF : WILLIAM MORIS

Before proceeding, I wish to introduce myself to you; I am William Moris a staff of Natwest Bank plc London. I am the head of the accounts department.I am pleased to get across to you for a very urgent and profitable business proposal which I believe will profit the both of us after completion. I contacted you after a careful thought that you might be capable of handling this business transaction, which i explained below. The sum of (12,500,000.00 Million Pounds), has been floating as unclaimed since 2000 in my bank as all efforts to get across to the his relatives of our client who deposited the money have hit the stones. There is this immigrant Mr. Andreas schranner, property magnate who was based in the U.K., who happens to be one of our very good clients. On the 25th of July 2000, Mr. Andreas schranner, his wife Sheila , their daughter Andréa eich, her husband Christian, and their children katharina and maximilian all died in the air France concord plane crash bound for N ew York in their plan for a world cruise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

All attempts to trace his next of kin were fruitless. My position here at my office requiries me to investigate and I therefore madefurther investigations and discovered that Mr. Andreas Schranner did not declare any next of kin or relation in all his official documents, including his bank deposit paperwork in my bank.According to the British Law. The money will revert to the ownership of the British government if nobody applies to claim the fund. To avoid this money being sent to the British treasury as unclaimed funds, I have decided to seek your assistance to have you stand as his next of kin so that the said fund (12,500,000.00 million Pounds),would be released in your name as the next of kin and paid into your account.All documents and proof that will have you claim this fund without stress will be forwarded to you upon your response to this mail more so, i want to inform you that i have unanimously agreed to offer you (4m) of the total sum for the assistance and role yo u are going to play in this transaction,(£2m) will be given to charity organizations in your country with your supervision while the remaining will be for me and my other loyal collegues here. Please send your confidential telephone and fax number in your reply to this business transaction.

PLEASE CHANNEL YOUR RESPONSE TO :[email protected]
Mr. William Moris.

And again:

Dreamfield National Lottery ([email protected])

Subject: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dreamfield National Lottery
124B Arcadian Mall, Woodgreen
London, UK

INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT,
REF: EALP/66-CAW662005

Dear Winner,

We are pleased to announce you as one of the 6 lucky winners in the
DREAMFIELD NATIONAL LOTTERY draw held on 1ST OF FEB 2007. All 6
winning addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 40,000
international emails. Your email address emerged alongside 5 others as
a
3rdcategory winner in this month's draw.

Consequently, you have therefore been approved for a total pay of
£450,000.00 Pounds( four hundred and fifty thousand pounds) only. The
following particulars are attached to your lottery payment order:

(i) Winning numbers: 30, 14, 29, 21, 48, 11
(ii) Email ticket number: 163-0-3251
(iii) Lotto batch number: 328-3GD
(iv) File Ref. number: EALP/66-CAW662005

Please contact the underlisted claims officer as soon as possible for
the immediate release of your winnings:

Mr Johnson Duke
FIDUCIARY AGENT,
DREAMFIELD NATIONAL LOTTERY.

For as speedy processing of your claims, please include the following
information in your mail to your claims officer, the enclosed form
therein been the claims application form:

PAYMENT AND RELEASE ORDER FORM

THIS FORM SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY THE BENEFICIARY OF THE STATED FUND,
FOR VERIFICATION BEFORE TRANSFER.

BENEFICIARY FIRST NAME....................................................

BENEFICIARY LAST NAME.....................................................

RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS..........................................................

TEL. NUMBER./FAX NO...........................................................

EMAIL ADDRESS........................................................................

NEXT OF KIN NAME AND ADDRESS......................................

AMOUNT WON...........................................................................

OCCUPATION.............................................................................

COUNTRY................................................................................

Once again on behalf of all our staff, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sincerely,
Sir Lori Feltner.
LOTTERY COORDINATOR,
INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS.
PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT, UK.
124B Arcadian Mall, Wood green
London, UK

N.B:
1. All claims are nullified after 20 working days from today.
2. Your Ref number must be in all your mails with the claims officer.
3. Do inform the claims officer of any change of names or addresses.
4. Please do not reply to this email. Contact your claims agent.
encourage the use of the internet and computers worldwide. We are proud
to say that over 200 Million Pounds are won annually in more than 150
countries worldwide

really annoying...

I keep getting this image (with varying test inside) plus this crap underneath. Every time its from a random person and a bizarre title so marking it as spam does nothing.

INIT SECTION HAS BEEN CALLED.

One common means to change the body content of an element is to set the innerHTML property on the element as in the following example.
See, for example,Paraver,KOJAK,CATCH, andTAU, among others. That means I'll be in downtown San Jose from Saturday evening on.
Making the server-side cost of operations very clear to AJAX client developers should probably be all over Web API documentation, though I warrant it'll be a while before it happens. in the United States and other countries.

Attachments

• ShowLetter.gif
    ShowLetter.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 233
I have had similar e mails with just gobledegook in the header or very bad english. I just delete then as a matter of course. I opened the first one and it is just a pile of jumble. Made me think that something was imbeded in the text.

Enter the virus scanners trojan scanners.

Well so far I think I am up about 15 million pounds. (I wish).

Just had this one from Heineken: This one is so stupid I just had to post it, because I have just won the August draw... err in March. The one thing you can not see in this post is that the e mail came over with the head banner from official Heineken site, and from the official site they have this warning: "Warning: important notice on alleged 'lottery'
Heineken has become aware that the Heineken brand name and logo is being fraudulently used for activities in which Heineken is not involved whatsoever. Alleged Heineken lottery or so-called prize draws are wrongfully being promoted under the Heineken name, even with Heineken imagery and logos.
Heineken wants to emphasize that it is neither related to the described lotteries, prize draws etc. nor is it connected to any alleged organisation that distributes e-mails on this. Heineken is investigating the origin of those emails and other forms of similar communication, and will consider combating these, if possible.
Heineken recommends strongly that those who receive e-mails on these alleged lotteries, prize draws etc. do NOT open any documents attached to those e-mails and do NOT respond in any way to such e-mails received."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HEINEKEN® (WORLDWIDE)
32 Mendy Street High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
HP11 2NZ. Tel: +44- 704 -571-3364

ATTENTION: WINNER!
FILE #: 2752246896
CODE: 652-662

HEINEKEN® AUGUST ONLINE USERS PRIZE DRAW:
We are pleased to inform you of the release of the long online results of the HEINEKEN WEBSTORE/DRAUGHT MONTHLY PROGRAMME held on the 6TH OF MARCH 2007.You were entered as a dependent client with; Reference Serial Number: 652-662 and Batch number AT-040SB06-03.
Your email address attached to the ticket number: 2752246896 that drew the lucky winning number, which consequently won the sweepstake in the first category, in four parts. You have been approved for a payment of £250,000.00 Pounds Sterling (TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS STERLINGS) in cash credited to FILE #: 2752246896. This is from a total cash prize of Twenty Million Pounds Sterling shared amongst the Seventy-Two (72) international winners.
All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 50,000 (Fifty thousand) names of email users around the world, as part of our compensation for the frequent use and consumption of our product worldwide. Due to mix up of some names and addresses, we ask that you keep this award personal, till your claims has been processed and your funds remitted to you.
This Programme was commissioned by a one time president of the United States Of America in an indoor lecture held on the 6TH OF MARCH 2007. HEINEKEN is proud to be associated with (former)President Bill Clinton. The President commended HEINEKEN for it's great contribution to the growth and development of our society at large and he sited our Football sponsored league as an example.
HEINEKEN® COMPANY SECURITY AGENCY.
Please contact the Agent below via email for further instructions on what next to do to claim your winnings.
Agents Name: Larry Kevin
Email Address: [email protected]
Phone Number: +44- 704 -571-3364
NOTE: Winnings must be claimed before the end of each month. Any information that is been provided by winners must be correct as provision of wrong information by winners may lead to disqualification of a winner, be warned!
Yours Sincerely,
Mr.John Allen
Online-Co-ordinator/HEINEKEN® UK
32 Mendy Street High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
HP11 2NZ. Tel:+44-704-571-3463
http://www.heineken.com/uk/
Heineken.com

I dont get those email to cash fortunes, but you should see the size of my .... Its gentically mutated ,elephantine, size is so impressive I need 2 passports.