Early warning buy signal 4/20 Euro

i see.. any ideas on why this is the case??

TA?? Fundamentals?? Indicator divergance?

Scorpio rising?

i know. have you seen the charts???

if nothing else, £/$ is plummeting south at the moment, possibility to go another 500 pts at least. Surely that is going to pull down the EuroDollar too.

hang on, thats a thought. What Euro are you talking about??

EUR/$
EUR/£
EUR/CHF
EUR/YEN

EUR/rouble?? :)

FC

GUS: I agree with your proposition. Its the BASIS of my method trading the EUR/$ intraday using both candlestick and line charts. May I suggest you look at the following. Add a 3 SMA to your 4MA plus a 50 EMA to your 20. I use the 3&4 for a short term trend change alert. If you check the charts it should be self explanatory. Dont be put off by some of the replies. Good luck & stick with it.

erm Zig? how do you know GUS is using a 4MA and a 20EMA ?

and what does intraday really have to do with a "daily euro" long?

im trying to be constructive, thats all

:)

we all "see" different things/draw differing conclusions from our technical viewpoints. There is no right or wrong imo.....simply a scenario developing according to our personal signals at the precise time we're observing the charts! - some calls pan out, others don't......it's what makes a 'market' after all..... :devilish:

Sorry that's EURUSD that i was referencing. Two TA methods being used. One is Tom DeMark's sequential bar count, the other is just an old fashioned hand drawn chart. ZigZag I will look at that.

Slow Stoch (39,1,1) across most time frames is another useful 'trend change' indicator - signals are taken once it crosses through 50, I tend to use hrly charts and wait for a full candle to close above/below 50 before entering a trade. Initial stop set at previous swing high/low. Risk:Reward on €/$ averages around 1:2.5

I usually throw a 100EMA onto the chart, just to reference general trend.

Just my 2p worth and won't suit everyone.

chowclown.had a look,not bad.slow stoch 39.11.set %k at39,%d at 11.hourly is good for me due to work comittments.is this right,period % slow d is set at what?5 perhaps.pm me if i am wrong
thanks

ChowClown. Interesting posts. Like you I use the Hourly Charts for signals(after determining the trend on the daily) I was using a slightly faster stoch with your other two configurations but at first glance yours is more reliable.(less whipsaws) THanks

Ok, today 4/21 completed the second bar #13 (there are two ways to count) so that set up is complete. To read a bit about Tom DeMarks Sequential counting system this is a good place since it's written by him,lol http://www.futuresmag.com/library/daytrade97/day10.html

My own experience with it the last several years is that it often does mark a turn - not always of course!

The 1st part of my 'early warning' comes from a simple hand chart of the daily euro and is of course only a warning - sometimes it's a day ahead, sometimes 2-3 days, and of course sometimes it also doesn't work, that is why it takes a 'confirmation' - some here seemed to interpret my original post as a 'call' as though i was forcasting - not my intention. Only sharing a couple technical idea's with eveyone. gus

hello Gus.

If its any consolation theres lots to suggest through my eyes that we are near a swing low in E, not least the fact that we are homing in on the weekly trend :eek:

The herd is shouting ..... the herd is short.......and we all know what that means 9 times out of 10 ;)

GL
dt