EA use

vnathwani

46 3
Hi Pat. Yes I am not surprised with what you say. We all think standing back that eg £5k is plenty to test a live EA using 0.01 lots that has a degree of martingale in it. Before you know it, the EA goes against us and many positions are opened. EAs are v risky and from my experience, seldom work. Also general technical analysis based strategies on forex are very difficult. I just think overall, forex is the hardest instrument to successfully trade. I am sure there is some chap sitting in a room working out the best way to shaft as many traders as possible!

Pat494

Legendary member
14,625 1,575
The strategy tester is also unreliable imho. It tested brilliantly when I changed the parameters but when it came to real money, it was useless. In MT5 they are sold as " black box " systems that cannot be changed much. MT4 shows the code.

Last edited:

advisor

24 0
I'm on MT4.

the problem sometimes that conditions of brokers different between their demo and real. Because if trader go well first at demo after that trader shure go at real if demo was with good experience. I meen at demo sometimes stop levels easy and spread with exeqution better .... its playing(n) and brokers trick

for example some brokers at demo give 0.01 start lot but when you open Real they give 0.1 only.

Be shure that you learn all Real conditions and terms of your Broker:)
Some brokers can change their conditions without any pre mailing You lol:cry:

More Learn - Better Sleep

Last edited:

PaulHends99

7 0
Hi, I need to find a reliable broker with a good platform to execute EA strategies in a secure low latency environment, ideally with a VPS service. I find FinFX are a niche player, but their commissions per trade could be lower. I have heard of another very highly rated up and coming broker in Finland on another forum but I can't recall the thread I saw it on. Please advise if you have heard of this, or another strong alternative, thx

Coolm

9 0
Hi, I need to find a reliable broker with a good platform to execute EA strategies in a secure low latency environment, ideally with a VPS service. I find FinFX are a niche player, but their commissions per trade could be lower. I have heard of another very highly rated up and coming broker in Finland on another forum but I can't recall the thread I saw it on. Please advise if you have heard of this, or another strong alternative, thx

Try xm.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock