EA Blog

Dovewars

Hi All,

I have decided to open a small account and start trading using 2 EA's.

Bogie-NN-v8b and Forex Auto Pilot. I'll keep the account running until it goes broke or one of the EA's proves itself.

I am not selling either of them, nor am I putting up links. Its just for my benefit and any feedback, hints, tips or pointers to other EA's is appreciated.

Automated Forex

Peter

Day 3 on the EAs

Hi,

I just updates the blog showing todays results! A choppy and scary day. Is there anyone out there who can share a positive or negative experience with EAs. Anyone using one to a great benefit?

As soon as I get time I will dive into playing around making my own. I'll share what I get here - dont see any point in selling one if its doing well ;P which is probably why I am a little sceptical about them - but hey ho, a few hundred dollars is nothing to see what happens.

Peter
Automated Forex

Hi Peter,

I am interested in EAs and Auto Trading, but have only recently started looking into it. I have been messing about with Visual Trader (VT) downloaded from:

Forex Trading Software, Forex Software - VT Trader - CMS Forex

It has several built in Trading Systems (or EAs), at least one of which looks as if it is viable. But they are really there as basis for customising.

You can autotrade them with CMSFX (US forex brokerage), or in their free demo account.

As yet I can add little value to the discussion, but in the meantime will be interested to hear how you get on.

I originally came across VT when I was researching a system I came across on T2W called 53FX, which is basically an EA add-on for VT. You will find a thread here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for.../36233-forex-53-trend-following-system-3.html

Sandy

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

Forex Trading Software, Forex Software - VT Trader - CMS Forex

It has several built in Trading Systems (or EAs), at least one of which looks as if it is viable. But they are really there as basis for customising.

You can autotrade them with CMSFX (US forex brokerage), or in their free demo account.

As yet I can add little value to the discussion, but in the meantime will be interested to hear how you get on.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for.../36233-forex-53-trend-following-system-3.html

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the tips and links.

I have updated by blog again. Quite a bumpy ride so far this week! I have put up the whole of the first weeks worth of trades. and current balance sheet.

Peter Dove
Automated Forex

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the tips and links.

I have updated by blog again. Quite a bumpy ride so far this week! I have put up the whole of the first weeks worth of trades. and current balance sheet.

Peter Dove
Automated Forex

Hi Peter,

It seems a bit rash to be experimenting with real money. I have so often done that, and just thrown money away. The experiment didn't work out and the money was all for nothing. It's gambling really. When do you stop? When all your money's gone.

You can maybe do it a couple if times, if you have good reason to think your system will work. If you must do it, trade one system, with one currency pair and the lowest possible stake.

Can you not trade a demo account? Then when you've proved your systems you can start making money.

I googled Forex Autopilot. So many returns and I looked only at the first few links. Two, both selling the program, suggested that you should initially trade it using a demo account. And the other suggested it might take you at least a month to get your head around it, before any decision to go live.

First rule of trading: minimize loss.

Believe me, I have lost very very serious money, always thinking the next time it'll work. I'm not talking a couple of £k

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

It seems a bit rash to be experimenting with real money. I have so often done that,

First rule of trading: minimize loss.

What do you make of this page: Forex Autopilot Review

Hi Sandy,

Whilst I agree in principle, the amount I have put in is so small as to be of not a lot of interest to me. Regarding when I stop... well when thats gone :)

My reasoning was thus : if I just open a demo account and the EA's live up to their hype then I lose 3 months of profit making. If they dont live up to their hype then all I have lost is a few hundred dollars, and I will have to start from scratch with a demo account and get ready for some hard work. My intention is to use my math skills and coding skills to write my own EA, both as a way to experiment and learn various technical trading systems.

Peter

Gratuitous Risks

Hi Sandy,

Whilst I agree in principle, the amount I have put in is so small as to be of not a lot of interest to me. Regarding when I stop... well when thats gone :)

My reasoning was thus : if I just open a demo account and the EA's live up to their hype then I lose 3 months of profit making. If they dont live up to their hype then all I have lost is a few hundred dollars, and I will have to start from scratch with a demo account and get ready for some hard work. My intention is to use my math skills and coding skills to write my own EA, both as a way to experiment and learn various technical trading systems.

Peter

I follow you, and will be genuinely interested in how things work out and in news of your developments.

I just feel that you are taking unnecessary risks with real money, when you could prove the point using a demo account. I used to be quite cavalier experimenting with real money, but I have lost too much that way to just say nothing!

Forex Autopilot trades without a stop, closing off at month end. It claims never to have zeroed an account but it will prove scary stuff and not for the nervous. Bear in mind also that trading EA's on demo accounts is a world different to trading it on a real account. Brokers don't hunt your stops on demo, they most certainly will on real.

Hi All,

I just put up a link on my blog which shows some real-trading results from the EA's I am using.

I have just bought Steinitz HAS MTF and another fractal trader. I will make an update on those soon.

Peter
Automated Forex

Hi All,

Due to FAP opening a long in EUR/USD and in a couple of other currencies, I am now looking at a floating loss of -1080 pips...... The author telling me that the market will turn and dollar will go weak... he said that when I was down around 500pips.... almost time to shut it down. Fortunately other EA's are making profit!

I will update the blog later today, sorry its a day late. I have been playing around with writing my own EA and also trying out a few other EA's on the market which seem to be performing well.

I have also bought myself a virtual trading machine which has superfast connection that I can remote desktop into. I'll give you an update on it when I get it all working and install all the software I need.

Has anyone here used these VM's before?

Peter

Hi Folks,

Just updated the blog with trading sheets from today. I am now running 3 EAs - Bogie, Steinitz HAS MTF and also the so far very lame Forex Auto Pilot.

I have upped the aggressive setting on Bogie since its doing so well!

Peter

The saga continues

Hi All,

I just updated the blog. I have started using Sniper forex and I have changed some of the EA's I use. I'll put up the trading sheets later.

I missed a lovely move in the EUR/USD last night - too busy sleeping ug! Did anyone get some good profit from that?

Peter
Automated Forex

Last edited:
New Trade Sheets

Hi All,

A new update to the blog with new trade sheets :) We are starting to make some profit! No thanks to Forex autopilot though!

Peter
Automated Forex

Bogie and Sniper

Hi Peter,

I have been paper trading Bogie-NN-v8b trial, on GBPUSD hourly chart.

Starting on 21 Aug, Bogie has completed 3 trades, and a fourth is still open.

21 Aug 1300hrs Long at 1.8630
21 Aug 2103hrs Close at 1.8755 +125 pips
21 Aug 2103hrs Short at 1.8755
25 Aug 1400hrs Close at 1.8513 +242 pips
25 Aug 1400hrs Long at 1.8512
25 Aug 2100hrs Close at 1.8519 + 7 pips
25 Aug 2100hrs Short at 1.8518
29 Aug COB Still Open at 1.8211 +307pips

Not a bad week's work. Wish it were live!

What is amazing is that it has kept me short throughout the trade that is still open, despite the roller coaster ride, when manual Sniper was whipsawing mercilessly.

Does this match your experience of it during that period?

I am not clear, are you trialling Sniper in manual, or do you have an EA version?

Sandy

Hi Peter,

I have been paper trading Bogie-NN-v8b trial, on GBPUSD hourly chart.

Starting on 21 Aug, Bogie has completed 3 trades, and a fourth is still open.

21 Aug 1300hrs Long at 1.8630
21 Aug 2103hrs Close at 1.8755 +125 pips
21 Aug 2103hrs Short at 1.8755
25 Aug 1400hrs Close at 1.8513 +242 pips
25 Aug 1400hrs Long at 1.8512
25 Aug 2100hrs Close at 1.8519 + 7 pips
25 Aug 2100hrs Short at 1.8518
29 Aug COB Still Open at 1.8211 +307pips

Not a bad week's work. Wish it were live!

What is amazing is that it has kept me short throughout the trade that is still open, despite the roller coaster ride, when manual Sniper was whipsawing mercilessly.

Does this match your experience of it during that period?

I am not clear, are you trialling Sniper in manual, or do you have an EA version?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

yes that is my experience with it. Sadly I interfered with it and didnt quite make as much. That will teach me :) I got the collywobbles during the whipsawing.

I am running the manual version of sniper. I just bought the 1 months subscription and am awaiting that. I had it on too many charts during the demo and wasnt able to follow it from work, so I am trying to set up my technology so I can work it all with minimum fuss. I'm going to pick 3 charts for it and set up an email account on my Windows Mobile Phone. That should keep me alerted.

Will probably update the blog tommorrow.

Peter

Gentlemen,

Are you using Bogie's default setting for the GBPUSD?

I just loaded it straight out of the tin. Nothing clever, I wouldn't know how. Trading GBPUSD. I am thinking of trading EURGBP.

A bit busy with other stuff at the moment, so not sure when I'll settle in to another phase of testing.