dr.blix's 'trades of shame' journal

I don't trade Forex (yet) but found this and post it for info (even if you might already know it)
eurozone news, European Central Bank official Weber yesterday reported the central bank may reduce its unlimited offerings of twelve-month loans in 2010. On the political front, European Union leaders are still deciding who should be the bloc’s first president with former U.K. Prime Minister Blair’s chances falling. European Commission President Barroso reported “We must continue the implementation of our stimulus measures, maintaining a strong focus on jobs. At the same time we need to prepare exit strategies in a coordinated way.” Weber will meet with new German finance minister Schaeuble next week to discuss the government’s spending plans. Weber this week called for “a quick exit from very expansive fiscal policy.” Data released in the eurozone today saw the September EMU-16 unemployment rate reach 9.7%, its highest level since January 1999. Also, French September producer price inflation was off 0.4% m/m and 7.5% y/y. Also, EMU-16 consumer prices were off 0.1% y/y in October

missed NTOG

Nostra Terra to start Kansas oil well production
Business Financial Newswire
Nostra Terra Oil and Gas has established its Boxberger A#5 Well in Kansas has enough oil to be commercially viable.

The well, Nostra Terra's initial production well on the Boxberger property, will be put into production within the next 10 business days.

Initial flow-rates will be announced once production has been established.

The company has an interest in 11 wells on the property and expects to bring the remaining wells into production using cash flow from operations.

PXS holding well

I put yours on radar .. but quite large spread (like many AIM)

have a nice day :)

yeah the spreads are murder ciao!

nice one for getting in on PXS, did you manage to get in on the 8th sept?!

provexis took a nice bounce off a 50 MA on the weekly TF too. hopefully a good sign for you ciao.

having a quick look at the PXS chart it looks like 6.9p is a really key level. it's an important historical support and resistance level.

EDIT: taking 6.9p out and using it for support would be a great signal i think ciao.

the green line is the level i mentioned.

Attachments

• pxs.png
    pxs.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
more good news i'd say ciao, an opening gap, a nice bullish sign...now acting as gap support. (H4 TF)

but, i'd take a breach of this 5.8p gap level as not a great sign.

N.B. i haven't marked the gap up on the chart, but, obviously, it's the island sitting below the green 6.9p level.

Attachments

• pxs 2.png
    pxs 2.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
finally ciao, this would be my worst case scenario analysis. (daily TF)

if 6.9p holds as res and the indices take a tumble (or PXS has bad data/news) then the orange lines are where i'd see potential support levels. (4.2, 2.8, 1.5)

there's some slight bullish RSI osc dive on the daily TF though...so i don't think 6.9p should be a problem.

fingers crossed ey?! :cheesy:

Attachments

• pxs 3.png
    pxs 3.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 180
yeah the spreads are murder ciao!

nice one for getting in on PXS, did you manage to get in on the 8th sept?!

I tell you even better before that date at +/- 1p and sold at 1.38..... with a good 30% I was quite happy (had quite few) then did some daytrading until I could see the way it was "pumped" it could have gone in places so held at 8p and you never believe that day that it when sky high my PC burn the night before so I was in the PC shop when I show the clime up..... imagine the panic when I couldn't sell at +/-22P..... eventually I managed to sell (by phone) at around 17p..... (with the amount I held I lost many KKK£££... but in the end happy for what I got...... then again after few daytrading it I had some at 9p sold at 12.50 + 14p then back to today hold..... so you can see they pay me few free "pizza + vino" :p:D

I have missed NTOG (someone told me to get in at 0.30/34) but didn't believe it but mainly was because I was away all day so I couldn't followed.... as you know they go up but they come down as fast......

thanks for your input + chart .. (y)

nice rise on provexis today ciao!

i've started an equities thread ciao, the link is in my signature...plz feel free to contribute.

nice rise on provexis today ciao!

i've started an equities thread ciao, the link is in my signature...plz feel free to contribute.

Hello
Just arrived in been out .. and yes nice to see PXS rise in this "red" market

I will post on yours "equities thread" so I wont o/t this one :)

good luck with your journal

i'm setting some equity trading rules as i have no real plan at the moment.

i'm setting a + 10% sell limit on each position. if its really on the move (or if my initial target is greater than + 10%) then i'll place my stop on the 10%.

if its hovering i don't know what to do.

i could either close the position. set a stop at + 5%. or close half the position and leave a very tight stop...i'll have to come back to that one!

RGM (one of the equities i currently hold) has already been at +20% and i've allowed that to pass by due to not being around on the day it moved.

i'm also setting a weekly monetary target. this would equate to 20% of one of my average position sizes.

my discipline is terrible so i'm going to have to work to hold myself to this...

closed at BE for RGM and INGG today. i might ditch DISL as its boring me to tears...might pick up some PDF 2moro at around 1.5p

not so much a journal jammy, more of a haphazard string of i'll thought out analysis and impulsive positions :cheesy:

well thank you for the kind words of support gentlemen. nice to wake up to on a cold autumnal morn... :cheesy:

if warren buffet were to have a 'black sheep' younger brother, who had thought it more important to have a good time in his youth than to study...who talks nonsense and has a great deal of difficulty taking anything too seriously, then i could be indeed be that person!

ok, a quick update for my 'journal'.

i've sold DISL at 4% drawdown to my account. i felt this position was going nowhere. i was very lucky to close just before another fall of 7 %.

i bought Raymarine @ 6.1p after some bad news forced a shareprice tumble, as with a lot of AIM companies there's a shocking spread to overcome...i must enjoy a challenge :)

started looking at FTSE/FX again but with a new strategy...it works by analysing the bias change (trend change) and then trading subsequent retracements once the new bias (trend) has been 'confirmed'.

so far i've made 2 FTSE trades for +36 pts and one overnight E$ trade for + 31 pips. (EDIT: sorry, actually this was only +26 pips, put my sell @ 995 not 000)

i'll be adding this bias change method to my rattly box of tricks and try to knock together some form of 'trading strategy' incorporating a Fib time pivot analysis method, RSI osc div and stochastic oversold/overbought, bias change and key reversals/patterns at key S&R levels.

Last edited:
a quick E$ short from 084 - 072 meant i've hit my days target and will sit on the sidelines for the rest of the day re FX.

just ran out of thread today...

closed all my positions at a 15% loss to my account.

had enough.