Dow analysis

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
What a day. First the frightener drop to support at 9010, and then a flyer straight up to resistance at 9265. At the drop, I thought it would be all over, but there was a perfect bounce off support at 9010.The charts show Fib retracements bouncing off resistance around the 23% (9188), this then becoming support, and finally touching 38% 9273 (HOD 9280).
The positive divergence proved a winner , as did the negative divergence "rollover top" on the 1 min chart at 9260,followed by a 50 point retrace, before a final stong closing push to close 20 off the HOD at 9260.
With the initial PD , there has been a strong bull trend in force since the bottom on 30/10 @ 9079. There is no sign of a pullback and my taget from last Friday, seriously in doubt yesterday, looks to be on once again as a real possibility.From the bottom today we had a 263 point rise -almost 3%! As I see no sign of a retrace, the same again tomorrow will take us to re-test 9550. At the 50% retrace of 9333 there should ( usually) be minimal resistance, with the next point up at 9400 (62%) which may prove difficult to pass. I think a crucial point tonight was the attempted drop to the 23% retrace and fall below the 100 MA line. It dropped 20 points here,to 9212 , but strongly recovered, making only one transgression of the 100MA, before it became support again. The 100MA (ESA) line is a very important point in trading. I have seen a lot of occaisions where the DOW oscillates around the 100MA, leading to several whipsaws, before finally finding a new direction.
Final thought for today....... Is this leg 1,2 and 3 of an elliot 5 wave up.....that would be a target of 9600...250 up 50 pullback times three.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock