Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
intel met expectations, futures are up at a nice level, if markets really continue to do what they were doing after the news is out, then today gives yet another great shorting opputunity at another good price entry level.

or though both my 10 min macci and 60 min are still oversold, meaning there is still probably some up side first

what do u think?

Last edited:
The 'no more bad news is good news' mentality will probably give an early rise when the Dow opens, but later?

any other news other than coca cola and ebay to look out for, these stocks are expected to report quite well so maybe today is the day we actually stay in the upside???

any other news other than coca cola and ebay to look out for, these stocks are expected to report quite well so maybe today is the day we actually stay in the upside???

Lots coming out today. CPi, housing starts, jpmorgan earnings. All coming out at 13:30 and 14:00.

Lots coming out today. CPi, housing starts, jpmorgan earnings. All coming out at 13:30 and 14:00.

consumer will probably be bad, housing bad, but i feel earnings could be no surprises again, so mixed feelings right now, how about you?

I believe CPI will be close to estimate. Housing is on a downtrend, how bad, I do not know. Difficult to say, but I believe data will not be much worst than predicted.

Just my tuppence

I think it's a bit early to be looking for decent downside... after all the swing low was only yesterday.... probably needs a bit more breathing space before attempting another pullback.

My eye is on GE .... but poss sick men Lehman, Merrills and even Bank of America could run
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dow wise I'm looking at 442, 463(+100 on day)........500-530....
S&p futs .......1351-1353 ish first............1360-162 second if we get that far...

Oil and gold up
Rod Smyth of Riverfront Inv. Gp. says we are still in a bear market. Look for 1270 and then 1140 ES

just got back from the gym.....wicked......... i just knew this market would rise today after them earnings but with record oil prices and what not, i feel this could be a great time for a swing trade lower with a bigger stop of course..........glad i trusted my instints to stay out today as im only a shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.