Dow 2006

So if the economic news is good then that is bad because they will keep raising rates, but if it bad they will stop raising rates and that is good!? Hmm they have to wish for bad figures and a slowing economy... sounds uh.. not good to me ROFL but there you go, that's markets for you :LOL:

Jerry Olson said:
Good Mac and you?

I think the DJIA is overbought here and due for a pullback to buy...what ever the outcome today and whatever the pullback is for the next 2-3 days or so, i will be dip buying no matter what till i see the whites of their eyes...................... :rolleyes:

Good call again Jerry. Here's the dip folks, but where is the bottom ?????????

Certainly looks as though the market has got the idea that rising commodity prices might be inflationary. I've no idea where they got that idea from.

Selling seems pretty comprehensive across the board.

Pat494 said:
Good call again Jerry. Here's the dip folks, but where is the bottom ?????????

hi Pat

well everything has to pullback off that ballistic rally i called 2 months ago.

we need a breather for sure so we can reset and move higher...

i would suggest 11,400 area might be a good spot for the move lower. ON the Daily chart that's the 20 ema..

seems a logical area for support.

http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ2.gif

macbonzo said:
Certainly looks as though the market has got the idea that rising commodity prices might be inflationary. I've no idea where they got that idea from.

An hour before market open, the futs spiked up on the release of retails and claims data then I thought it was gonna go up.

For a techincal trader, it was clear. There was a clear SELL signal 10mins into the session.

be interesting to see how we crack on into the last hour. selling looks dried up. For those bearish among us, you really need this to go out at the lows for the day. If it manages to cut these losses in half I would be very worried!!

lemput said:
For those bearish among us, you really need this to go out at the lows for the day.
If it manages to cut these losses in half I would be very worried!!
No sign so far !

U.S. March Trade Deficit Unexpectedly Narrows to $62 Billion

May 12 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. trade deficit unexpectedly narrowed in March for a second month as companies shipped more commodities and business equipment abroad, a government report showed. Imports declined.

The gap in goods and services trade shrank to $62 billion, the smallest since August, from February's $65.6 billion, the Commerce Department reported today in Washington. Economists forecast a $67 billion deficit in March, according to the median estimate in a Bloomberg News survey of economists. The March deficit with all nations was less than even the lowest estimate in a Bloomberg News survey of 70 economists. Forecasts ranged from $63.5 billion to $70 billion. Economists expected a wider trade gap in part because of higher energy prices. Crude oil on the New York Mercantile Exchange averaged $62.97 a barrel in March, up from $61.93 in February. The Commerce Department's report showed that the average price for a barrel of imported crude oil declined to $52.26 from $53.72.

hi

dc2000 said:
anyone else short?

anyone else looking for 11250?

anyone going the pub?

Short all the way from the top taking some profits for the hols and will stay short for sometime now on sept futures nice to hear from you DC i hope u are well