Domain name FTSEBROKER.co.uk

Name4sale

Hi

I am selling the domain name; www.ftsebroker.co.uk.

This domain has obvious qualities and would open up a large market of potential national/international customers to a UK trader, whilst allowing them to work from home. The name is currently parked but once transferred, the new owner is free to do whatever they wish with it.

Please click the link below for more details, or feel free to email me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I am selling the domain name; www.ftsebroker.co.uk.

The name is currently parked but once transferred, the new owner is free to do whatever they wish with it.

I think you'd have real trouble selling this domain if you didn't let the new owner 'to do whatever they wish with it' after they bought it :)

I would have thought there'd be copyright issues with "ftse".

Grant.

Grant, as far as I know, the letters f,t,s and e are not a copyright right issue, nor will they be...unless you know something I don't! I say this as the initials f,t,s, and e could stand for anything.

Hi Anley, my point about the new owner being free to do whateverthey wish, is just to alleviate any confusion of the fact the domain is 'parked'. Some may assume it comes with a website or may need to stay parked.

This domain is obviously useful for serious traders who wish to open up to potential new customers by using this generic domain to attract new business through the web. :)

As the link to my domain has been removed, please pm me if you are interested in this domain.:rolleyes:

I say this as the initials f,t,s, and e could stand for anything.

And a prize surely to the member who comes up with most original answer.... :)

Grant, as far as I know, the letters f,t,s and e are not a copyright right issue, nor will they be...unless you know something I don't! I say this as the initials f,t,s, and e could stand for anything.

Certainly tha lady who was running a site called (something like) StoxxTrading.com had to close it down for that reason iirc

Names4sale,

"FTSE", as in FTSE All-Share, FTSE-100,etc has been in existence for years, prior to the internet. The originator, the Financial Times but known otherwise at the time(?) is automatically granted copyright.

Presumably individual letters can't be subject to copyright but their order F, T, S, E, originality or uniqueness (it is not/was not part of the English language), and context must be.

CB,

The letters could stand for anything but FTSE strength is its brand recognition and associations.

Grant.

Hi Anley, my point about the new owner being free to do whateverthey wish, is just to alleviate any confusion of the fact the domain is 'parked'. Some may assume it comes with a website or may need to stay parked.

This domain is obviously useful for serious traders who wish to open up to potential new customers by using this generic domain to attract new business through the web. :)

By your argument the the letters m, i, c, r, o, s, o, f, t are not a copyright issue. The initials could mean anything! However you only need to do a google for mikerowesoft.com to find your argument doesn't stick....

Interesting!

But I know for a fact that I could start a business with the initials as I have taken advice on the issue previously, as long as my initials stand for something different, as the 'ftse' itself is not a broker.

Name,

If the initials reflect your personal name you may have a case; if they reflect the name of your business it could be argued the name was contrived to exploit an existing trademark or brand. (I think I need to get a life.)

Grant.