Does this trailing stop exist ??????

Jvelella

Hey everybody new this forum and I have searched but I cannot find the answer. I do not know if this is something that I am just describing wrong so I'll see if anyone can help me

I'm wondering if any of the software's or trading platforms allow for a diminishing trailing stop, what I mean by this is the trailing stop would shrink after you get the certain levels you're looking for. let's just say originally I set it to a 2% stop loss, when it goes up to a 1% gain it shrinks my trailing stop down to half a percent to lock in all profit but still give myself a chance for a running stock.

I've been daytrading for a few months now and doing very well. But I have missed a couple run away breakouts by using OCO trades and taking my happy profit, while leaving the game early while the stock ran another 2-4%. I've searched for this but can't seem to find the answer so if anyone know of this feature on any of the trading platforms please point me in the correct direction.

Thanks for reading and any help anyone might have. Stay green my friends!

Hey everybody new this forum and I have searched but I cannot find the answer. I do not know if this is something that I am just describing wrong so I'll see if anyone can help me

I'm wondering if any of the software's or trading platforms allow for a diminishing trailing stop, what I mean by this is the trailing stop would shrink after you get the certain levels you're looking for. let's just say originally I set it to a 2% stop loss, when it goes up to a 1% gain it shrinks my trailing stop down to half a percent to lock in all profit but still give myself a chance for a running stock.

I've been daytrading for a few months now and doing very well. But I have missed a couple run away breakouts by using OCO trades and taking my happy profit, while leaving the game early while the stock ran another 2-4%. I've searched for this but can't seem to find the answer so if anyone know of this feature on any of the trading platforms please point me in the correct direction.

Thanks for reading and any help anyone might have. Stay green my friends!

of course it exits, a tightening trailing stop isn't unique however you need a platform that you can code this type of trailing stop that is subsequently linked (probably via an API) to a broker
metatrader you can code your own stops and the broker would use these, amibroker and ninjatrader similarly have quite a few partners who use their charting platform
choose your preferred platform, then you need to look for a broker attached to the product, there are absolutely loads of them around
sierra charts, metatrader, esignal, ninjatrader, omnitrader all provide the functionality who all have reputable brokers against them

Perfect. Thank you very much. I never thought to call it a tightening trailing stop, I kept using diminishing instead and couldn't find the right thing. I will do some research on this soon. Thanks again and I hope to be part of the community for years to come.

Stay green my friends.