Does anyone remember the name of a fishing show..

MrMiyagi

of TV eccentric, slightly posh English fishermen, usually dressed in tweed and sometimes a bit drunk etc; who made a series of of beautifully photographed shows where they fished all over England, maybe in the late seventies, early eighties... I'm desperately trying to find the series on DVD...

cheers

What about Flyfishing by J. R. Hartley ?

Oh no that was a book wasn't it :)

Paul

of TV eccentric, slightly posh English fishermen, usually dressed in tweed and sometimes a bit drunk etc; who made a series of of beautifully photographed shows where they fished all over England, maybe in the late seventies, early eighties... I'm desperately trying to find the series on DVD...

cheers

first thought came to mind was Keith Floyd. "Floyd on Fish".
he gave the impression he was drunk, as he always had a glass or two with his cooking.

but he was a cook, not a fisherman.
wasnt him, was it?

cheers

You may be looking for The Out of Town Series by Jack Hargreaves he did a Southern TV series where he travelled around fishing.

I may be wrong but he is the only one I can think of.

You might be thinking of "A Passion for Angling" which is occassionally repeated on one of the Home & Leisure channels on Sky.

You might be thinking of "A Passion for Angling" which is occassionally repeated on one of the Home & Leisure channels on Sky.

Cheers all for the help, Pogle you're a legend! I've been asking about this for years now, dawned on me that someone on these boards might know! I've already ordered it....
Easily the best series of programmes on fishing ever made...

thanks!

YouTube - A Passion For Angling - Midwinter Madness (part 1)
A Passion For Angling & Caught In Time Video and DVD. Carp Fishing DVD UK with Chris Yates & Bob James professional anglers.