does anyone know if symantec website is down?

techcherry

hi...
I got today the norton internet security package and since yesterday I have been trying to updat or ven just go to their website and always het the message of website not found, does anyone outhere know what is happening with the symantec...
Please let me know...
Thanks, :D

did you just tryed now, because when I try to go to the liveupdate andf ask for update it doesn't and also when I try to go to their website trough the browser I also cannot get it, can you ple
ase see if there is phone number for support on their uk website,please?
thanks...

Techcherry

I don't have the internet security package but I do have other symatec products and they live update ok. the website loads ok too.

Just had a look at the site. Most of their support is expected to be provided through their site. Telephone support is at £18 per incident!! The telehone number is 020 7744 0061.

Have you tried turning it off and then accessing the website. I have a friend who has this product and it is tempremental at best

Hope this helps

cheers

Lard

hi all
thanks for all your comments and attempts to help but either the link or the disabling of the firewall I can't still get there , I wonder why , if I can go to all the other sites and no problems at all , is there any free number?
...or is there anyone with other suggestion maybe in terms of change of settings...
thanks one again..

good news :LOL:

I phone the support service and guess what is working now, I had to delete a few lines of code from my host folder and "voila" is working... and for free ( the system is down , so no charge )
but thanks to all of you out there which so promptly offered some help and advice...
:cheesy: thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1