Do you think the time will come when the world will only have one currency?

Do you think the time will come when the world will only have one currency?

• Total voters
D'AYC,
Apologies for the ensuing double negative, but surely you don't truly and honestly believe that the leaders we vote for aren't arrogant and patronising? Just look at how they've lied and duped us all across the (western) world about Covid and, in particular, about the efficacy and safety of the vaccines. Their arrogance in the way they treat us is staggering beyond belief. Suffice to say, your faith in our leaders is completely misplaced. Furthermore, you appear to be totally out of touch with what is happening in the west. You write: ". . . You can't even imagine what it's like to live in constant fear and poverty, because one tiny group controls everything, and they can do anything to you and your family and you can't defend yourself. . .That's how people live in russia today. . ." Allow me to correct your statement so that it accurately reflects reality; it only needs a single word change. . .
You can't even imagine what it's like to live in constant fear and poverty, because one tiny group controls everything, and they can do anything to you and your family and you can't defend yourself. . . That's how people live in the U.K. today.
Tim.
🤦‍♀️ Sorry, I have no comments anymore

You're joking aren't you? The people 'we' vote for rely completely on the masses being stupid and ignorant, otherwise they would never win an election. And as a side point, even as a trader you should already know this:

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform, pause or reflect. — Mark Twain.
Mark Twain was 30 when the slavery was abolished in the U.S. I would definitely be the minority back then. I am the minority today. I am an anti-speciesist, vegan. How about you? Which minority are you? The minority who fights against the injustice or the minority of blood thirsty dictators (like putin, xi or the ayatollahs) who spread their propaganda against the free democratic world?

When I joined this forum I couldn't even imagine that I would have such ridiculous conversations 🙈 I am well fed up with conspiracism on social networks.

A certain amount of skepticism is wise but believing the majority is always wrong doesn't make any sense.
Going back to the subject of currencies, the fact that now we have a system without intrisic value for currencies doesn't mean that it is the best possible.
Govs have much more freedom but it leads to higher inflation and inflation is a form of taxation where the poor suffers more than the rich.
Businessmen are free to adjust the price of what they sell but salaries of workers are always lagging.
Maybe inflation pushes growth but it is an unhealthy growth that increases social inequality.

Last edited:
When I joined this forum I couldn't even imagine that I would have such ridiculous conversations 🙈 I am well fed up with conspiracism on social networks.
D'AYC,
Question for you: why post on a forum like this if you're not prepared to have your views challenged and if you're not prepared to consider what others say with an open mind? Surely that's the whole point of being here? It's certainly why I log in every day and have done for the best part of 20 years. If you look at my history and that of new_trader, you'll see that we're both serious people who have been here for a very long time and who are reasonably well informed on the topics we post about. (I was on T2W staff for many years and wrote all the trading FAQs.)

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet and I'm certainly not saying I'm right - but I think I deserve to be taken seriously. If you find the conversations "ridiculous", then I put it to you that that probably says more about you than it does about those you converse with? So, rather than dismissing other people as conspiracy theorists and their views as ridiculous, why not take them at face value and then question them to see how well their views stack up? You might be surprised and, if nothing else, you'll gain an insight into how other people perceive the world and get their take on the serious issues that face us all.
;)
Tim.

Mark Twain was 30 when the slavery was abolished in the U.S. I would definitely be the minority back then. I am the minority today. I am an anti-speciesist, vegan. How about you? Which minority are you? The minority who fights against the injustice or the minority of blood thirsty dictators (like putin, xi or the ayatollahs) who spread their propaganda against the free democratic world?

Which minority am I? Well since you asked, I am in the minority that is on the right hand side of the IQ score bell curve ( > 115).

1662906835071.png

Sorry, I've put all the conspiracists on ignore, so won't be seeing their comments :) ✌️ Will save time for the objective reality.

Sorry, I've put all the conspiracists on ignore, so won't be seeing their comments :) ✌️ Will save time for the objective reality.
At last!
It's only taken me 8,000+ posts over 20 years to achieve this accolade. Thank you D'AYC! That said, I suppose there's no point in me thanking you as you won't see it - seeing as you have me on ignore. Oh well, c'est la vie!
:ROFLMAO:

Yes, it’s coming. UBI, CBDC, anal probes and total control. Klauss FTW.