Do you subscribe for newsletters?

u2usual

Hey Guys, I am a relatively new member here. I am currently located in Zurich and I am working and finishing my graduate degree.

So I though I would make a quick thread to help me in some market research that I am doing. I know we have quite a few forum members that make their living off of investments. I would love some feedback.

I am working on launching an investor newsletter . We are based out of Zurich, Switzerland. We are using real time data analytics and research to bring interesting and relevant news to subscribers. The newsletter will initially be delivered bi-weekly, containing a few articles on investment opportunities in stocks, mutual funds, real estate, private companies, etc. Subscribing will be free for the first 2000 subscribers.

Anyways, it's a simple Yes or No poll asking if you would subscribe to be e-mailed newsletters or not?

If you would like to share your experiences that would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, I am a relatively new member here. I am currently located in Zurich and I am working and finishing my graduate degree.

So I though I would make a quick thread to help me in some market research that I am doing. I know we have quite a few forum members that make their living off of investments. I would love some feedback.

I am working on launching an investor newsletter . We are based out of Zurich, Switzerland. We are using real time data analytics and research to bring interesting and relevant news to subscribers. The newsletter will initially be delivered bi-weekly, containing a few articles on investment opportunities in stocks, mutual funds, real estate, private companies, etc. Subscribing will be free for the first 2000 subscribers.

Anyways, it's a simple Yes or No poll asking if you would subscribe to be e-mailed newsletters or not?

No because newsletters are primarily used to obtain details of potential scam victims. In subscribing to a newsletter the small print usually allows them to give your details to dubious companies so that they can get round cold callig rules.

There are some good newsletters/research providers out there, but they're the kind that you pay for. Things like Casey Research, EWI, and the like. Things like penny stock newsletters are of course, a waste of time.

I wouldn't unless it offered something of value that I can't get for free, or from a more respected source.

When you talk about investment opportunities, I don't know what that means. Is it a trade suggestion? If it is, then the person writing the newsletter would need to convince me they can trade and that it's valuable info. If it's not about trading, then it's pretty useless to me.

What is the expertise that the authors have?

I wouldn't unless it offered something of value that I can't get for free, or from a more respected source.

When you talk about investment opportunities, I don't know what that means. Is it a trade suggestion? If it is, then the person writing the newsletter would need to convince me they can trade and that it's valuable info. If it's not about trading, then it's pretty useless to me.

What is the expertise that the authors have?

This would be anything from mutual funds to trade suggestions. The information would come from research and a news analytic research technology that helps gauge interest on investment opportunities.

This would be anything from mutual funds to trade suggestions. The information would come from research and a news analytic research technology that helps gauge interest on investment opportunities.

You see, this is where it gets tricky. Can the newsletter authors trade? The answer is most likely no, otherwise they wouldn't be writing newsletters. So they are giving recommendations about things they haven't got a clue about. If they are willing to do this for trades, then I would doubt all info that would be in such a newsletter.

Some banks put out some decent analysis if you can get hold of any of it. Gartman is quite a famous newsletter. Other than that, I think there's not much point.