Do you earn money with Forex? How much?

KieranST

2 0
I think $100 is extremely easy to achieve in a day for sure. I love forex for the quick trades and large profits. So worth it.

Telejazzer

13 1
I made $658.77 in March from 19 trades (unidirectional). It was mostly from the GBP, EUR and JPY. It was not much, but it is still something. At least there were no unprofitable trades.
How much capital was exposed to make that much if you don't mind me asking?

Telejazzer

13 1
I want to see how much someone can earn in Forex.
Someone showed me he earn $100 a day from $5000 margin but I read that it is not realistic number.
Is that someone risking $5k to make $100 a day or a portion (2%,5%,10%) is exposed? It looks possible with a robot maybe?

I wasn't looking at robots before but finding out about high frequency trades using algorithms, I'm now open to the idea. Markets change all the time and there's so much I don't know yet.

Telejazzer

13 1
Thanks for the response. With the 19 trades, were they intraday or longer? How much in percentage of the capital per trade? Do you compound your capital meaning adding the profit on top of the initial capital making the $ amount on the next trade larger?

Apologies if I ask too many questions, I'm trying to understand money management a lot more. Thanks.

Mr Sept

495 20
Making 100 pips Range day is an 'objective', not a Money result. The Cash that permits you to be in that courtyard is not necessarily large. In fact the less you have the better off you are, while learning to Trade.

Telejazzer

13 1
Making 100 pips Range day is an 'objective', not a Money result. The Cash that permits you to be in that courtyard is not necessarily large. In fact the less you have the better off you are, while learning to Trade.
Is this in response to the OP? Can you please expand on the less you have the better off you are. Thanks.

radex78

135 0
I think $100 is extremely easy to achieve in a day for sure. I love forex for the quick trades and large profits. So worth it.
Maybe easy for trader that have huge capital in account, but will hard if in account only available 100$ capital, in forex sometime get profit and loss, for me still learn how to increasing capital with risk management

gerryg

Established member
900 6
i have the solution
i am going to start a mam account so people can fund it and take their share :)
Better to use PAMM especially if you are just beginning in the sphere of trading with other investments. There are many good PAMM brokers where you can start from 500 USD like Нotforex or Dukascopy

hhiusa

2,684 138
Thanks for the response. With the 19 trades, were they intraday or longer? How much in percentage of the capital per trade? Do you compound your capital meaning adding the profit on top of the initial capital making the $ amount on the next trade larger?

Apologies if I ask too many questions, I'm trying to understand money management a lot more. Thanks.
They were not 19 separate round trades. All round trip trades consist of at least 2 trades. There is always a buy side and a sell side. Sometimes I double down once or twice. I did five round trip trades. None of my trades were intraday. I do not try to chase the market for a few pips. I do compound the trades. I do not expose my entire capital. I also do not use leverage.

tar

Legendary member
10,441 1,309
I made $658.77 in March from 19 trades (unidirectional). It was mostly from the GBP, EUR and JPY. It was not much, but it is still something. At least there were no unprofitable trades.
19 trades is a tiny simple so it doesnt mean anything add to that you didnt mention how much you risked . Also if you dont have losing trades then that shows that you are a bad trader .

As i understand you discovered something new , that one cant directly trade Aud/Jpy (y)

If you trade the AUD/JPY, you need to first buy the GBP/AUD or GBP/JPY pair first in order to get some AUD or JPY. It seems like a roundabout way of trading, unless you mean that arbitraging from GBP/AUD -> AUD/JPY -> GBP/JPY was cheaper than trading the GBP/JPY. I could see how that it is possible.