DMA/Spreadbet query

trader9281

Hello,

For those of you who are doing both (or have done both), can you please shed some light on whether you see any massive differences in charts/prices between major SB's like Intertrader, CS, IG etc and DMA's like IG, IB etc?

In the last year have built a system which works on 5-15 pips moves on various instruments. The results have been good so far but I'm facing issues when trying to increase the stake on my SB platform... I started with 2 GBP/pt and now have compounded till 20 GBP/pt+, where I've started noticing slippages / worse fills.. so a bit stuck (my optimum has been 12 GBP/pt so far).

The instruments I'm interested are the major indices and major forex (also maybe Oil / Bund in the future).

Would really appreciate any advice/ recommendations for stable DMA brokers out there?

Thanks!

Hello,

For those of you who are doing both (or have done both), can you please shed some light on whether you see any massive differences in charts/prices between major SB's like Intertrader, CS, IG etc and DMA's like IG, IB etc?

In the last year have built a system which works on 5-15 pips moves on various instruments. The results have been good so far but I'm facing issues when trying to increase the stake on my SB platform... I started with 2 GBP/pt and now have compounded till 20 GBP/pt+, where I've started noticing slippages / worse fills.. so a bit stuck (my optimum has been 12 GBP/pt so far).

The instruments I'm interested are the major indices and major forex (also maybe Oil / Bund in the future).

Would really appreciate any advice/ recommendations for stable DMA brokers out there?

Thanks!

Try this UK branch of a US broker.
Interactive Brokers

Take a look at
http://deepdiscounttrading.com/
Don't be put off by the naff website, excellent service although for non US traders you have to convert to USD as you fund your a/c. Forex can be traded via the CME currency futures.

Neil's suggestion of IB also worth a look, you can hold your a/c in GBP, and they also have spot Forex. Drawback here is much bigger margins, if you think that's a drawback of course!!