Did I do this? :)

Nowler

Experienced member
A mate and I were fooling around with buying some CHEAP shares in a small company.
For shits and giggles we bought 10,000 shares for something like £4.50 - I placed the Market order lastnight, but when I looked at the chart today, I saw this...

I'm assuming that that very likely my doing? :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Umm.PNG
    Umm.PNG
    49.6 KB · Views: 190
I put the order in at Market.
The order is not yet filled, and I know my broker uses discretion when filling orders.
For example, they might not execute the order if price moves rapidly away from the quoted price at the time of submitting the order.

So from what I can see, those green candles are all me?
I feel so powerful!! Grrrr

Last edited:
You are a new Market Maker for them now! :D I'm curious to see the evolution of its price from now on.

A mate and I were fooling around with buying some CHEAP shares in a small company.
For shits and giggles we bought 10,000 shares for something like £4.50 - I placed the Market order lastnight, but when I looked at the chart today, I saw this...

I'm assuming that that very likely my doing? :ROFLMAO:
Yes this probably is you. The price was 4.5 pence (not pounds) so your commission charge was a substantial part of your £450 bet.
You are now 88% richer - if you can sell at that price in a market where only 40,000 shares trade on average each day. Maybe they will find Lithium one day (hopefully while there is still a demand for it).
🍀

Yes this probably is you. The price was 4.5 pence (not pounds) so your commission charge was a substantial part of your £450 bet.
You are now 88% richer - if you can sell at that price in a market where only 40,000 shares trade on average each day. Maybe they will find Lithium one day (hopefully while there is still a demand for it).
🍀

It was actually 0.045 pence when I submitted my order :)
There was no commission either... so in total it cost me £4.50
Order is still not filled, so it will be interesting to see how this works out.

I would have thought I'd be informed how many they managed to get me at the end of trading Friday...

Surely there would be no problem if I was to cancel a pending buy order which has been partially filled? Right?

I would simply keep ownership of the shares completed and that would be it...?

Apparently not a single share was secured for me during the whole day of Friday...
I cancelled the order Sunday night as price was up 88% from where I agreed to buy, but would have assumed that at least some shares were secured for me

"
I hope this email finds you well.

I understand your point and I would like to inform you that both of your orders with Kodal Minerals were canceled.

Additionally, I would like to add that the company is being listed on AIM (Alternative Investment Market) which has different trading specifications. The execution of the orders happens in a specific time every day, meaning that market order might not be executed in a short period of time (it can take up to a few days). Having in mind that, buying shares becomes a pretty hard task.

Furthermore, the actual execution of orders, however, happens via a smart routing system that leads the orders to the regulated markets and provides you with the best execution possible according to the policy of ESMA outlined in MiFID 2. Having said that, I have to stress the fact that the execution venue and the venue supplying our price feed do not have to coincide.

I hope this clarifies the matter for you. "

Is my annoyance unreasonable?
Is this normal in the world of share buying?

I have placed 4 x 2000 share Limit orders and 1 x 1000 Market order, just to get a feel for how they operate.
I am assuming the 1 x 1000 share are market will be filled first, followed by the x2000 with the higher limit buy

I have placed 4 x 2000 share Limit orders and 1 x 1000 Market order, just to get a feel for how they operate.
I am assuming the 1 x 1000 share are market will be filled first, followed by the x2000 with the higher limit buy

No more new, mate? Just curious about your evolutions in the market. ;)

No more new, mate? Just curious about your evolutions in the market. ;)

Nothing more to report mate.
They are still awaiting their mining licence, so until that happens, I'd imagine there will be nothing exciting.