Diary of a swing spread better

Splitlink said:
Well! I'm not going to read all that . In a nutshell, how did you lot get on today? Afraid I got stopped out with a net loss of 12 points. It should have been 7 points but I gave the market the benefit of five more. Why did I do that? Perhaps I should have a chat with my shrink on the other thread :eek:

Regards Split

I lost three points, Split. But I missed the beginning and the end of the show so I was not in the game that much.

As we trade with Fins we have the advantage of placing stops at market price and I would never give a losing trade a bonus again. If the stop is too tight then be it.

Good trading,

H

Elefteros said:
Nice day for me today, have now moved my stop to 11042 so even if it moves down tommorow 46 points in the bag,

I'm a little worried it will go down tommorow, for those that remember when i posted the weeks weekly pivot points r2 is at 11136 and we got up to 11130 today before we dropped down to the close.

i'm gonna regret not going short at that point if it goes down tommorow however i faild to spot it when it happened so no point crying over spilt milk.

On the other hand tommorow is the last day before the points are recalculated and it tends to go straight through r2/s2 on the last day so we may get a good day tommorrow..

At the end of the day i'm tired now so i'm just gonna let my stop do the work for me ;)

Good one, Eleft! I have a hunch that tomorrow will be an up day as well. Let's see.

chindl said:
I nearly put on the Talking Heads at half eight - We're on a Road to Nowhere, but I thought I'd work a bit longer so I sold my ticket to a tout for 9 points.. He must have passed it on to you for a 1 point profit. a bit more balls and I may have stayed a little longer and made 20. Small winning day in the end, missed the move off the open when I had my conference call this afternoon.
Let's hope tomorrow brings us better opps - not seen a mid day range like that for a while and made life difficult. Patience was a virtue in the end.
On the broader front, some of the moves made today may well have made things interesting in terms of trends within those markets, particularly those currencies that have been flagging recently.
All the best,
Chris

Yeah, he could not get more than one point from me given the narrowness of the two channels :)

Now we're above the neck line of the head and shoulder. I am still not prepared to hold any positions overnight. May be I am addicted to day trading already.

Cheers,

Hung

New bookie pivots just in.........

R2 11313

R1 11193

PP 11010

S1 10890

S2 10707

Luckily i'm off work this week so i can monitor the action more closely so no stop/limit orders in place but if we have a similar situation to last week we should go straight through R1 today and come close to or bounce off of R2 tommorow so i'll be looking to go short either at R1 or hupefully closer to R2 :cheesy:

Still can't get the hang of pasting direct onto here the images. Here's the ADVFN pivs. First pull back on the Piv.
Good trading everyone..
Chris

Attachments

• Pivots 2206.gif
    Pivots 2206.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 148
stopped out of my long trade with 56 points in the bag, not bad but could have been much better, i think i'll start closing half my position at 100pts in the future.

And of course, the pivot I use sits v close to one of those magic numbers of 34 and 64...

Does antone else see this as an uptrend??

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 159
Hi chaps,

Thanks for the pivot points. Just came home and went short immediately. It did not work and I reversed it.

Attachments

• dow22.jpg
    dow22.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 160
Did not work either. Will stay aside for a while.

Attachments

• dow23.jpg
    dow23.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 152
Went short again, stop loss at 11042, around BE.

Attachments

• dow25.jpg
    dow25.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 148
Will 11030 hold?! This is a crucial support level I suppose.

Attachments

• dow26.jpg
    dow26.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 149
There's a little battle going on here. If 11030 does not hold, then 11020 is the next battle ground.

Attachments

• dow27.jpg
    dow27.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 155