Diary of a swing spread better

Ah, but on the shorter time frames I'm glued to the screen and react accordingly, no stops placed on day trading as I'm in the mix so to speak Elef. If I can't watch I won't risk. I trade a daily futures contract, but take the cash price for instance, this is due to the tighter spreads on the futures contract. Just my way of doing things.
I'm favouring it giving something back this afternoon, maybe not much but something.
Chris

I should not have bothered with this market. A waste of time.

Having said that I just made a higher high and a higher low.

So all get yer longs placed now, I've called it just like Friday before the continuance!!!!!!!

But if you guys still have open positions on the upside, 100 EMA still holds though. As soon as I got out, it went back up again. Never mind.

And there'll be confirmation that it just goes from one range to another if it comes back down again when reaching 11130. But both of the channels are narrow.

It is indeed coming down even before reaching 11130. Let's kiss it goodbye shall we :) Just 15 minutes before the beautiful game :)

There appear to be hammers on either side on the minute charts holding this price in.
Thy're at 18:26 and 18:57....

We're under the 100 ema, setting up for downside breakout. Rsi slightly oversold, but not too much, but some divergence on the price back through the last couple of hrs range. A 14 point flag - that's bobbins man!

I'm gonna get out my new CD by Bruce Hornsby & the RANGE!!!!! Give us a break Mr Dow!!!

No goals but it was a good half to watch. And I could watch without emotion :) Could have heart attack supporting England :) And could have made at least 10 points on the way down so the 'ticket' was 10 pounds :)

I nearly put on the Talking Heads at half eight - We're on a Road to Nowhere, but I thought I'd work a bit longer so I sold my ticket to a tout for 9 points.. He must have passed it on to you for a 1 point profit. a bit more balls and I may have stayed a little longer and made 20. Small winning day in the end, missed the move off the open when I had my conference call this afternoon.
Let's hope tomorrow brings us better opps - not seen a mid day range like that for a while and made life difficult. Patience was a virtue in the end.
On the broader front, some of the moves made today may well have made things interesting in terms of trends within those markets, particularly those currencies that have been flagging recently.
All the best,
Chris

Try again !

Attachments

• DOW.gif
    DOW.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 159
Well! I'm not going to read all that . In a nutshell, how did you lot get on today? Afraid I got stopped out with a net loss of 12 points. It should have been 7 points but I gave the market the benefit of five more. Why did I do that? Perhaps I should have a chat with my shrink on the other thread :eek:

Regards Split

Nice day for me today, have now moved my stop to 11042 so even if it moves down tommorow 46 points in the bag,

I'm a little worried it will go down tommorow, for those that remember when i posted the weeks weekly pivot points r2 is at 11136 and we got up to 11130 today before we dropped down to the close.

i'm gonna regret not going short at that point if it goes down tommorow however i faild to spot it when it happened so no point crying over spilt milk.

On the other hand tommorow is the last day before the points are recalculated and it tends to go straight through r2/s2 on the last day so we may get a good day tommorrow..

At the end of the day i'm tired now so i'm just gonna let my stop do the work for me ;)