Diary of a swing spread better

A bit more from the same report.

There's been a white paper on SB prepared by Cass Business School - cass.city.ac.uk and a survey by Celent which showed that average growth rate of 26% 'taking revenues from £200 to £500 by 2010.

''The FSA has taken steps to force the industry to take a more responsible approach to its promotions, particularly those targeting novice spread betters, by ensuring risks are not under-played at the expense of benefits such as winnings free of capital gain tax.

''Several years ago, it levied hefty fines on two established SB firms which had fallen short of these rules aimed at protecting consumers.''

And here're the two releases by the FSA some years back

Cantor Index fined 70,000 for misleading spread betting promotions

City Index Ltd fined £35,000 for misleading financial promotions

I find this very interesting and new SB firms are likely to repeat these mistakes while on the hunt for new customers. Some might already have and haven't been taken to account.

Come on- GET UP!

Sold to Close BSY at 561.4. A better profit than I hoped for, 11.3 points, as I expected to get stopped this morning on the opening.It has come back 5 points from its high, which is why I sold. Who knows what Dow will do- except you guys, of course :p

Split

yawn, yawn

hi split

nice one :) wouldn't ya know - you out me in. took 560 this am so hope it's got a bit more in it.

aside from that all i've got is shorts awaiting.

good trading

jon

Splitlink said:
Come on- GET UP!

Sold to Close BSY at 561.4. A better profit than I hoped for, 11.3 points, as I expected to get stopped this morning on the opening.It has come back 5 points from its high, which is why I sold. Who knows what Dow will do- except you guys, of course :p

Split

Hi Split,

Just up but not running yet :)

Well done on BSY! Given the growth of SB, CMC's upcoming floatation is an interesting one to watch don't you think?!

Cheers,

Hung

finally,

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 172
Love the 34 and 64 resistance levels, it's soooo bizarre.. It tested the pivot for a while then moved to the southside. I missed the move, kiddi time so can only get aboard after 7pm. Managed 17 points from the morning session though, so positive for the morning. We're chopping at 34 now.

HI Chris,

I'm hoping for a close below s2 10938 as this would hint towards another move down 2mmorow but i'm not too confident, looks like its gonna be a narrow choppy range for the next couple of days, think i'll take halp my position at the close 2night and place a stop for the rest.

Trading the first bounce off of r1 11034 would have been rewarding today.

Good Luck

Beautiful! Are you still in it, Elefteros?!

It's range bound now and the channel is not wide enough.

Attachments

• dow 01.jpg
    dow 01.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 165
yes i am!

and with the latest dive I'm hopeful now that we may drop below 10900 a close below this point would be lovely for me ;)

I am in for a quick bounce up to the upper line hopefully.

Attachments

• dow 02.jpg
    dow 02.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 159
Elefteros said:
yes i am!

and with the latest dive I'm hopeful now that we may drop below 10900 a close below this point would be lovely for me ;)

We have a bit of a conflict of interest here. I want it to bounce back up about 20 points while you want it to travel the same number of points down :)

It does look like it's going to go your way though.

Attachments

• dow 03.jpg
    dow 03.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 126
It did, mate! I am out of it, losing 18 points.

Attachments

• dow 04.jpg
    dow 04.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 128
I read in a book recently,

'once you can see a pattern, its often too late to trade it'

or another way of looking it is that if the price tests support/resistance 2 or 3 times its either not gonna test it again or will go straight through ;)

Happy trading

Eleft,

There's a bit of positive divergence on MACD. I may go in again on the long side.

Attachments

• dow 05.jpg
    dow 05.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 198
I got out at the very point that it started to go up again. But this is hind sight analysis and it might have well gone to 10900. I may go back in on the long side again.

Attachments

• dow 06.jpg
    dow 06.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 159
It looks like 10907's going to be today's low. There's not much time left but I think it may go back to around yesterday's close?!