Diary of a swing spread better

Meanwhile the two short candidates keep going down.

Attachments

• short.jpg
    short.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 257
Barclays

BARC had one more down day today. I am waiting for one more to go long. I hope I'll laugh all the way to the BARC soon.

Have a good night!

Hung

Note you have the Dow on your list of longs. Just beware if a potential set up occurs. The Dow is pushing to new highs and trading higher and is now entering an overbought status. On the other hand the Naz is making it's way to recent lows with the 50 DMA turning to a downward trend. The Naz is also not Oversold and this looks more likely to swing lower and may take the the Dow and the S&P with it, as the Naz tends to lead and there's significant divergence between the price of the Naz and the other two. I will try and post a chart, but I'm off to football training now, so I may not get chance.
Good trading.
Chris

Added futures charts for Naz and the Dow

Attachments

• US Idex Futures 21 Feb 06.doc
    110.5 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
eddyjo said:
Hi Splitlink, Were the 'Tankers' "In Flight Refuellers" by any chance?
Quote:
I've been to Saigon and Haiphong. Were you born then? The French were there. Tankers, 1953-1961. Mooochas problemas!

Now I'm in Spain.

No, the floating type!

Split

chindl said:
Hung

Note you have the Dow on your list of longs. Just beware if a potential set up occurs. The Dow is pushing to new highs and trading higher and is now entering an overbought status. On the other hand the Naz is making it's way to recent lows with the 50 DMA turning to a downward trend. The Naz is also not Oversold and this looks more likely to swing lower and may take the the Dow and the S&P with it, as the Naz tends to lead and there's significant divergence between the price of the Naz and the other two. I will try and post a chart, but I'm off to football training now, so I may not get chance.
Good trading.
Chris

Good post, Chris. Just added to your reputation.

Thanks,

Hung

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyjo
Hi Splitlink, Were the 'Tankers' "In Flight Refuellers" by any chance?
Quote:
I've been to Saigon and Haiphong. Were you born then? The French were there. Tankers, 1953-1961. Mooochas problemas!

Now I'm in Spain.

No, the floating type!

Split

Splitlink said:
No, the floating type!

Split

What are you guys talking about?! Hope you're soundly asleep.

Chart grabber

chindl said:
... I will try and post a chart, but I'm off to football training now, so I may not get chance.
Good trading.
Chris

This is an excellent tool for chart grabbing posed by Pete if you haven't seen it.

peto said:
http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

MWSnap is a little freeware utility which allows you to print off the bits you want in various formats, works well if you do much of that sort of thing.
pete

Splitlink said:
:LOL: I was just answering a question.

Split

Morning Split. Hope you had a good day yesterday.

I mean I don't get it when you say 'The French were there. Tankers, 1953-1961.' I know the French were there of course.

H

'The Apprentice'

The Apprentice show will be on BBC 2 tomorrow at 9PM. I am a big fan of this one and Sir Alan Sugar.

The FT noted over the weekend that Sir Sugar's firm Amstrad has been doing well recently. The share chart below shows it.

If there's a show like this for swing traders, that would be brilliant. I am more than willing to compete :)

Attachments

• amt amstrad.jpg
    amt amstrad.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 253
hungvir said:
Morning Split. Hope you had a good day yesterday.

I mean I don't get it when you say 'The French were there. Tankers, 1953-1961.' I know the French were there of course.

H

I worked for an oil company. We used to discharge oil products in those ports.

Split

Splitlink said:
I worked for an oil company. We used to discharge oil products in those ports.

Split

Got it now. It also explained why you've been to Hai Phong not Ha Noi or Ha Long Bay.

Short LSE

I decided to take a bit of a risk and short LSE at 821 with stop loss at 851. Now that the takeover is almost void, I bet that the only way for it to go is down in the next few days. I'll look for an opportunity to double up on this position if it goes my way.

Attachments

• lse short at 821 851.jpg
    lse short at 821 851.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 236
LSE continues its downward tren eventhough the FTSE is up. But as long as the gap is filled, I'll close half the position.

chindl said:
Hung - charts posted back in post 63

Thanks, Chris. I can see that it's chanelling down at the moment. Are you using RSI to measure overbought and oversold? I used to use 14 day RSI.

Cheers,

Hung

Currently 75 points up across 4 indices..why cant every day be like this! ..oh and its 5£ pp, fake money :/

Playing FTSE lottery

This has nothing to do with the chart. I just bet that the FTSE can's possibly break the 5900 ceiling without a small pull back and have shorted the March FTSE at 5862. But I am only risking a small sum with stop loss being 40 points away.

I'll see how it's going to play out.

pboi said:
Currently 75 points up across 4 indices..why cant every day be like this! ..oh and its 5£ pp, fake money :/

Hi Mat,

If your paper profit continue to rise it means I am going to be in the red until being stopped out :cry:

FTSE and LSE barely move but I am in the red because of the spread. I am still confident that I'll have the last laugh come March 14.

Attachments

• position at ws.jpg
    position at ws.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 191
hungvir said:
Thanks, Chris. I can see that it's chanelling down at the moment. Are you using RSI to measure overbought and oversold? I used to use 14 day RSI.

Cheers,

Hung

I use the shorter time frame on the lower indicator of the charts that I attached to reflect whether oversold or overbought. This is similar to a MACD but with slightly different timeframes to the standard MACD. The shorter timeframe hits the extremes and is a 3 day MA of the longer timeframe that appears smoother. I sometimes also use a stoch if I want further confirmation. The indicator on the charts is based on principles outlined in a book titled Trading Day by Day by Chick Goslin.

Regards general sentiment stateside, bit tricky at the moment due to the divergence of the price on the Dow and the Naz, I won't be partaking in much action stateside at the moment due to this. Prefer to get cleaner trades to keep risk low. One of the things I try to avoid is trading during chop or when something happens that doesn't quite fit. The Dow and the S&P leading the Naz doesn't quite fit for me at the moment so I'll stay away and take a rest until it cleans up. There's plenty on offer at other times to prevent this overtrading.

Chris