Diary of a swing spread better

New pivots attached

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 173
So, we have some surprise move in the markets and it made the currencies flip. BoE raise the rates by a quarter percentage point. The ECB also went for a hike, but this was to be expected, the big surprise was the BoE raising. Maybe today we'll see a move away from these tough trading ranges on the Dow. Then again, it's NFP tomorrow and to be honest, the action of the markets in the US leading up to NFP have suggested that maybe there will be surprises when the data is released. Let's see, it usually ranges pre big news!

lets hope so chris,

i'm still in my long and i've added to it at the new pivot point at 11171 which has not held at the mo, were down to 11150 at the mo, my stop is at 11141 and i have a bad feeling its gonna get hit.

did you survive, must have been a close call. Apologies if you have already posted, manic at the moment.
These ranges are not for me, going to leave this afternoon alone and see if there is any pick up later. I think we could be lack this til after NFP. Given the BoE shock today, any surprise on NFP will cause mayhem I think.
Have a good day and speak thjis evening.
Chris

No i did not survive i got smashed,

Again i allowed the myself to over commit by doubling up and then compensating with a tighter stop,

Will i ever learn, who knows,

gonna try out forex for a while as i'm too emotional about the dow at the moment to trade it properly.

Unfortunate, went your way in the end. I wouldn't despair too much Eleft, this is the toughest trading I've had to contend with for a good while. Dig in and stay out if unsure so as to protect the capital. Not helped of course by the season.
Jeez, what a week I'm having at work, I need to do what Slaps is doing at the moment, no way to trade 1 min unless 100% dedication, so it's evening or nothing. No option but to move onto a longer time frame, maybe 5 and 15 mins.
Chris

Took the dog and baby out for a long walk, cleared my head assessed the situation got my confidence back and went short at 11250 just below R1 which is at 11265. hasn't gone my way yet but i've reduced stake size to keep me calm.

Have a good evening

Elefteros said:
Took the dog and baby out for a long walk, cleared my head assessed the situation got my confidence back and went short at 11250 just below R1 which is at 11265. hasn't gone my way yet but i've reduced stake size to keep me calm.

Have a good evening

I haven't done too well with AVZ and RTR, either. Cut long positions with about 10 point losses.
AVZ was showing me a good profit yesterday, too.

Relax- its just one of those days

Split

What will today bring, NFP in just over an hour will provide the direction. Hopefully will get a better range from here on in for a while. The 1-2-3 from the daily on Wed failed but did not provide a full blown hook. We do have resistance around the close yesterday. The fut is up slightly, but that could change in the next hour and half.

Had a position with WS, their feed went down so I obviously wished to close. Due to the fact their feed had dropped I had the privilege of paying a wider spread from 1 point to 6 points, an increase of some 60%. Nice work if you can get it. I don't feel confident with this firm at all. I have heard bad press and they were quite obnoxious on the telephone when I questioned the increased spread, initially quoted at 336, then jumped to 342, took some time for the quote to even be given. Just not happy. I think I will be looking to stop trading the Dow and move to currencies. I can get direct access through Oanda at work and that means I can trade with them in the day. Their spreads are tight and you are given what you are quoted. I'm tired of the same excuses from each and every one of the SB's. They're all the same, I'm quitting SB imminently.
Chris

I'm tired of the same excuses from each and every one of the SB's. They're all the same, I'm quitting SB imminently.

Great trade. :cool:

But hey, even DA has it problems occasionally - eCBOT has been halted due to technical problems for 20 minutes and counting.

I know that the e-mini feed has been down, it's the way they immediately widened the spread. It took over a minute to quote me as well, I was watching the cash, move one way then the other, I was put on hold then I was quoted 36, then he said, oh, I thought you were selling not buying, so it's 42. I questioned the spread, boy don't ask questions boy, do you know who you're talking to sunshine!!! They're a joke and the sooner I get my FX strategy fine tuned then I will have no requirement of them.
Boy that's one hell of a reversal, and I got nowt. Been putting the nippers down and the feeds had gone during the start of the move anyway. I was actually in a short at the top when the feed initially went, damn. Got out cos I had no feed, it's been non stop all the way down from my entry at the top. Win some lose more!!
Chris

Slaps - when you use longer term time frames how do you manage stops? Using 30 from the 100 MA would have you n and out constantly on a 15 min chart!!!
Chris

Right then, off topic of the Dow, I'm gonna post my FX strategy charts on here on the Oanda demo. I have attached a chart below of the EUR JPY, this formed pre NFP. I used the breakout strategy on this trade as demonstrated by Newtron Bomb in the K Lab. I used the very same strategy on the FX charts a few days ago that I posted. Hell, I'll be reckless, I will post them all together here now for ease of reference. I am going to continue with this for a while on the demo and if the results are good then I will look to move into this arena with my hard earned. As I have said before, I am able to use Oanda for this, as it allows me to access their system at work. Unfortunately, other DA, especially the ones for the e-minis will not get me through our enhanced security systems. The problems we're faced when working for DJ 30 quoted firms eh?!?
Anyway, heres the charts. Let me know if you have any comments on this.
Chris
PS - I do still intend trading the Dow whe able to. Like Slaps, my workload prohibits the constant screen watching.

Attachments

• EURJPY 4 Aug.gif
    EURJPY 4 Aug.gif
    42.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Cable 2 Aug.GIF
    Cable 2 Aug.GIF
    51.4 KB · Views: 182
  • USDJPY 2 Aug.GIF
    USDJPY 2 Aug.GIF
    55.7 KB · Views: 185
test

C:\Documents and Settings\ie\My Documents\My Pictures\chart.bmp

chindl

I'm trying to post a chart, but cant seem to upload it..I want to pointed out on the 2nd chart, where you entry was, at that time was going short...I try later see if I can get the chart to work.…

laptop

.bmp is not a valid extension - that's why you're having trouble. you'll need to save as .jpeg or something

jon

Laptop - cheers for trying, when you have your bmp file open click the section that says save as from the file section ofthe menu bar. Then save the document as a JPEG when it gives you the format save option (the same time it offers you to rename the file, just below that.). You will then be able to upload the chart.
I have more charts to post, positive ones from the FX trading this morning. Only traded on the test system for one of the signals, I took the EUR/JPY signal as I missed the more effective USD/JPY signal on the way into work and in the early morning Monday rush at work, but still, 25 pips again. Two swallows don't make a summer though. I will post them up tomorrow.
Mde only 10 points on the dow today, but glad for the positive for a change.
See attached.
Chris

Not gonna get the opp to post yesterday's chartys, too much work to do.
Will try some time later today or later in the week. Shylock's are looking for their pound of flesh at the moment! Let's hope me ships turn up sometime soon!!
Have a good day all,
Chris

laptop1 said:
Thanks I will try again

What data do you use? I use Sharescope. Perhaps I can help. At what stage are you?Have you got your chart exported to "My documents" and are trying to change extension to JPEG?

Split

Last edited: