Demo Trading Contest

Hannah1

Hi guys,

I am interested to hear from you your trading experience with demo accounts. has any of you won anything? like money or prizes? is it worth trying? please tell me about your experience. Thx, Hannah

Im new in the world of forex trading (betting). I started use the demo of BETONMARKETS account and till now it seems Im ok (+2000 $ within 5 days !!) . I have afraid this is not the real situation it will be when i will play with real money for several reasons. The first one is that i cannot start to deposit 10000 dollars as it is the demo . I will start with max 200 $ and i hope everything is ok .

Hi guys,
thank you so much for your feedback. my another question would be if you have won some prizes from it? because now there is one contest from German direct Bank called as fxdirekt and they offer the contest where one could win macbooks, ipads and so on. Since it is mainly oriented on German speaking people the competition I guess is not as high as from English speaking contest offerings. so Just google them and tell me your ideas. Would take part? Thx Hannah

Demo account contests are crap. Only won by some bafoon who goes all in and gets lucky. They should set rules saying you get a 50k account but can only risk 1k per trade, and run it for 6 months. It would be a very different story.

it won't lose money but also lack of the feeling of real trade.
better to start with little amount account to practice.

it won't lose money but also lack of the feeling of real trade.
better to start with little amount account to practice.

Yes, you are right, however, demo contest is better than demo only since it makes you treat the demo account more like a real one, however, you will easily make it carzy since they are virtual money anyway.

Demo account contests are crap. Only won by some bafoon who goes all in and gets lucky. They should set rules saying you get a 50k account but can only risk 1k per trade, and run it for 6 months. It would be a very different story.

Some Buffon who goes all in and gets lucky... I like the way you put it. That is the one problem big with these contests I guess. To win you have to trade in a manner that would be irresponsible in real life. If they did the contest over 6 months with rules on the amount of capital one could risk on a single trade most people in the contest would realise that they couldn't trade and would not deposit real money.

Some Buffon who goes all in and gets lucky... I like the way you put it. That is the one problem big with these contests I guess. To win you have to trade in a manner that would be irresponsible in real life. If they did the contest over 6 months with rules on the amount of capital one could risk on a single trade most people in the contest would realise that they couldn't trade and would not deposit real money.

yes, i agree.

it depends, since most contests will have a certain period of time for the game. it will be enough for many gamblers blow up their accounts.

and in the real market, the same thing happens too.

it's not so important to win the final prize since normally only a few people can get them.