Defining Wisdom in Terms of Trading and the Markets

Joe Ross

Wisdom is said to be the right application of knowledge. Wisdom is a state of consciousness, born from the understanding and awareness of past experiences, and relates to future occurrences. Wisdom allows analysis of present conditions in order to pre-visualize what should occur in the future. Intuition, creativity, and a sense of self-directed destiny are part of wisdom. Knowledge is concerned with what happened in the past and does not always develop into wisdom. Spiritual enlightenment and a sense of connection to the "oneness" of all life is the first step required to receive wisdom. In less esoteric language, a trader must know and like himself before his awareness is developed to the degree that he may acquire wisdom. Wisdom visualizes order, structure and discipline with a clear, unbiased mind, and pre-visualizes the future as a logical extension of present conditions. Wisdom involves acceptance of the Law of the Cosmos, which states "every event is logically preceded by the causes responsible for the occurrence of the event." Wisdom involves acceptance of the Law of Charts, which itself portrays human emotional perceptions and actions in the market. Wisdom and knowledge are both connected by an individual's relationship with himself and time, which is Einstein's fourth dimension.

Wisdom involves acceptance of the Law of Charts

Why does it ?

Wisdom is the ability, developed through experience, insight and reflection to discern truth and exercise good judgment in the markets. There is no requirement whatsoever to accept the Law of Charts to achieve this and there are hugely successful traders out there that have never looked at a chart and never will.

Paul

I ask is it so............

Joe Ross said:

Knowing how others will behave. Trading wisdom

Knowing how you will behave. Trading enlightenment.

Good success with your spread seminars Joe. I'll be lookin for ya on the field. lol ;)

Fx.

Ahoy there Cap'n Birdseye! Thankyou for this wondrous assortment of non-sequiturs. I'll put it with the others. :eek:

Joe Ross said:
Defining Wisdom in Terms of Spondoolaks

Hey Joe, if you can get people to part with $2700 to attend your seminars then I would say you are indeed a wise man!

Trader333 said:
there are hugely successful traders out there that have never looked at a chart and never will.

Paul

That’s quite an interesting viewpoint, and it’s encouraging to see that sensible debate can originate even from pointless spam.

I can perhaps see how I might develop a system without actually looking at a physical charts but I’m struggling to understand how anyone could begin to form any sort of concept that could potentially be traded without analysing some sort of numerical data. If that data’s presented as a bar chart or as a series of 1’s and 0’s for analysis by a computer, its still contains the information contained within the chart.

Of course, someone trading on a purely fundamental basis may not require charts, (although I guess even they look at price from time to time) is that perhaps what you where referring to?

regards
mick

you can include old time tape readers and macro oriented traders in that category.

Analysis of numerical data does not mean you have to do this with a chart. There are many numerical analysis techniques that can be applied to data that traders can and do use without any charting at all. I wasnt saying that charts are of no use but saying that you have to accept charting as some kind of law is highly misleading. I also agree that tape readers used to trade without any reference to charts and profitably.

Paul