Day-to-day's UK shares of interest

Coffeeheaven

I notice that Fidelity international together will others hold 6,309,000 (5.29%) in Coffeeheaven… I have held shares for some time now and over that period the SP has been moving up.. Well worth tracking…

Tanfield

Last weeks investors Chronicle listed the Tanfield Group as a Buy… The Upright business will according to broker Daniel Stewart’s contribute sales of £26.2m in its fist full year.. Smiths Tanfield’s electric-vehicles division has a very good order book with more to come.. Take a look at the report its well worth reading…

My advise is to take a look at Tanfields website.... One of the best shares around at the momment...

CeNeS

There has been a fair amount of trading of CEN shares over the last week.. Today I found out that UBS AG now hold a total of 16,341,340 or 3.66% of the companies issued share capital.. Which is indeed first class news for the private investors.. As a matter of interest UBS has taken profit on some of the position.. However they are still holding 3.66% of the total issue..

Keep your eyes open on this company...

CeNeS

I am so pleased to find out that CEN has announced that a paper has been accepted for publication by the Clinical Journal of pain… For the follower of CEN this is indeed more positive news on the company’s M6G drug which is intended for use to treat post-operative pain..

The global market for post-operative pain relief was valued at approximately $1 billion in 2000, and is estimated to be growing at 6-7% per annum. Phase III study on M6G is now taking place.. Results should be out by the end of the year…

More goods news for CEN when you have time visit their website

London Asia

An announcement released by London Asia Chinese Private Equity Fund yesterday, 17th of October 2006 concerning a £2.1 million investment in China Solar, a Chinese solar thermal business.

China Solar’s core business is the design and manufacture of solar energy buildings in China, based on its patented solar thermal technology.

Simon Littlewood, Executive Director of LACPEF, commented: “The Company has patented technology, an experienced management team, a strong research and development programme, and strong support from the Chinese Government. There are significant opportunities for the Company to expand rapidly to take advantage of its strong brand and first-mover advantage, and the increasing emphasis by the Chinese Government on renewable energy sources and improving the quality of life for the poor.”

This is yet another investment by LACPEF.. In China from the private equity fund… Investors in London Asia should feel the benefit of this investment… I am now looking forward to the results of yesterdays meeting in London with LACPEF and representative of the PLUS markets.. Institutional investors, private investors, brokers and the financial press…keep your eyes open..

Tanfield

I have just found out that Brendan Campbell has been appointed to the board of the Tanfield Group.. I understand that Brendan has been working at TAN for the last four years.. He is a Director of TAN’s subsidiary Tanfield Engineering Systems Ltd.,

I have also noted that the company’s SP has moved up apace today by 1.25p or 2.98% to 43.25p…

The Tanfield story gets better and better. (SEV (Smith Electric Vehicles) being part of Tanfield group):

---------------------------------------------------

...Smith Electric Vehicles, Europe’s largest commercial electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer.. has just produced what it says is the world’s first 7.5-tonne electric vehicle for TNT Express UK which was unveiled by TNT CEO Peter Bakker at the Courier & Parcel Despatch Expo 2006 in Amsterdam last week.
Smith buys in a regular chassis cab (in this case an Avia 75) and 'electrifies it'. The Smith Newton has a payload of 4,300kg, a top speed of 100km/h (60mph in old money) and a range between battery charges of up to 230km (about 130 miles or so). ...it's exempt in the UK from O-Licence, tachograph, Congestion Charge, MoT etc etc and also qualifies for free Road Fund Licence.
And as EVs have a flat torque, Smith says it should leave a diesel-powered 7.5 tonner for dead at the traffic lights! Being zero emission it's also ideal for stop-start delivery work in city centres, where the diesel engine is at its most inefficient. Cost-wise, it'll set you back about twice what you would pay for a diesel equivalent. But, its manufacturer insists: "You’ll more than make this back in whole life costs (based over 5 years), through fuel and maintenance savings (electric motors have 4 moving parts, compared to over 1,000 in the drive train of an internal combustion engine). And if you operate in Central London, the Congestion Charge exemption is worth an extra £8 a day on top of these savings."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: http://www.tnn.co.uk/BigLorryBlog/plonearticle.2006-10-20.0542067639

Last edited:
..and as if all that isn't enough:

Rumour of the day
The Times October 21, 2006

Tanfield Group, the AIM-listed maker of hybrid electric vehicles, perked up ¾p to 44p on murmurs that it will announce a substantial contract win next week, possibly from North America. The Co Durham-based company, whose shares have risen 144 per cent over the past six months, has won work from BAA, TNT and Dairy Crest through its Smith Electric Vehicles business.

-----------------------------------------

Presumably the hoists division, not vehicles.

PP

Barclays Stockbrokers have this from Alpesh Patel.
Vislink (VLK) Market Cap: £118m. 52 week high/low: 86p/37p.

Vislink has announced record half year results earlier this year. This is music to any investor’s ears. But the share price continues rising, as does their order book. The company supplies microwave radio and satellite transmission products for the broadcast and security markets and CCTV systems for the marine security market. Over the past two years the company’s share price has quadrupled – that makes it the best performing telecoms stock in the UK – but what is also encouraging is the upward trend is still very much intact.

(That report actually went out with the company mis-spelt Visilink - so won't necessarily get picked up on news scans looking for Vislink). I have a position in VLK.

Company website http://www.vislink.co.uk

Purple, I agree...VLK is looking good, I did have a position a while ago, I may be back in soon if I see a good buying opportunity, good luck on all your holdings.

Tanfield

Hi Purple Person... Tan is indeed a company that has given out good news flow..

Headline news is that TAN has conditionally placed up to £20m shares at 40p through an institutional placing of new ordinary shares… The company has called for an EGM for the 15 November to ask shareholders to give authority to allot up to 50,000,000 new ordinary shares in a placing expected to be 16 November 2006.

Orders for Powered Access continues to exceed expectations, with orders coming in at a rate of £1m or more per week. So the funds will be used to accelerate the growth in output of TAN’s Powered Access Division.. To oil the wheel’s even more the company is also arranging with its bankers an extended debt facilities of £9m..
On Monday the total number of shares traded for TAN was 20,840,61... Among others Fidelity traded their position down to 7,058,261 shares to a holding of 2.92 per cent of the issued ordinary shares in the company… Now that Fidelity’s trade is out of the way and once the £20 million share placement and allot of 50,000,000 new shares have taken place… then to my mind we should
see the return of the upward trend of the SP…

D-t-D

CeNeS

Cen has made the move to appoint JM Finn & Co Ltd., as its joint broker… The company is making way for the markets reaction to Phases III results due out end of year for M6G morphine-6-glucuronide… as we all are..

Coffeeheaven

AIM news in shares this week. Headline ‘Coffeeheaven wakes up to Eastern Europe.’ Well worth reading for the coffee followers… Keep the coffee pot hot…

Tanfield

Well I’m not the only one who has TAN in there vision … this weeks shares report is very upbeat… ‘David Buxton, an analyst at house broker Daniel Stewart has upgraded his 2007 pre-tax profit forecast by 53% to £13.9 million on news of the expansion plans and his 55p price target suggests the shares could keep rising in spite of having already romped from 20p barely a year ago.’

DTR.L - any views - was watching around 1.12 - eye of the ball and its shot up, strong correlation to german economy.

DDD Group Plc

The door is opening.. I have just had an e.mail from DDD which informs me that DDD signs 3D mobile content agreement.. This is indeed the first agreement to supply 3D content for mobile phones with a leading mobile telephone SIM card..

This is indeed first class news for my pension plan.. As the SP should now start to move up.. The SIM card will be introduced to subscribers by a mobile telephone operator prior to the end of 2006. DDD will supply up to six thousand SIM cards.. Which will give cash flow for the company first as a non-refundable royalty advance of US $14,400 (or 40% of the total amount potentially payable under the agreement)

The 3D SIM card will act as a fore taste of the real 3D mobile as the content will be supplied in the red/blue ‘anaglyphic’ 3D format allowing it to be used with standard mobile telephone handsets in conjunction with a pair of 3D glasses supplied with each SIM card. This will able users to capitalize on 3D mobile phone content library in advance of the launch of ‘glasses-free’ 3D mobile

Tanfield Group

Getting in on the act.. To top all the news on tan this last week… Investors Chronicle have listed a strong report on TAN… this indeed backs up what everyone is saying about the company..

Alltracel Plc

Via Food & Drink Europe… Alltracel expects to reveal its strategy for entering the functional foods market with its cellulose fibre bioactive for cholesterol management by the end of this year, as discussions progress with potential partners in the EU, US and Asia.

London Asia Capital plc

London Asia PLUS listed investee company China Eastsea earlier today released a strong set of interim results for the six months ended 31 August 2006, showing profits up 34%.

Highlights include:
Revenue up 36% to £2.4 million (2005: £1.8 million)
Profit after tax up 34% to £0.6 million (2005: £0.5 million)
Net assets of £5.8 million (2005: £1.1 million)
Cash at bank of £4.2 million (2005: £0.8 million)
Successful fund-raising of US$4.5 million (£2.4 million)
Acquisition of a profitable Chinese IT service provider