Dax Tick data

fola1111

Hi. I trade dax futures. can anyone tell me if you can get real time tick, trin or advance /decline info for the dax. and if so, what are the symbols? In particular, I need info on how to obtain tick data. thanks.

fola1111 said:
Hi. I trade dax futures. can anyone tell me if you can get real time tick, trin or advance /decline info for the dax. and if so, what are the symbols? In particular, I need info on how to obtain tick data. thanks.

Did you get an answer for this? I need the same infor I trade the YM off internals and would like to do the same with the DAX.

stradd said:
Did you get an answer for this? I need the same infor I trade the YM off internals and would like to do the same with the DAX.

I doubt he did, that post was 3 years ago :)
I don't think there is such a thing... if there is, let me know!

firewalker99 said:
I doubt he did, that post was 3 years ago :)
I don't think there is such a thing... if there is, let me know!

Hi there firewalker, I've had a good look around and discovered that Interactive Brokers provide two indicators called IBIS-TRIN and IBIS-TICK that I have been told (on another forum) are the equivalent to the NYSE $TRIN and $TICK. I've tried to get the definition for each symbol on the IB website but couldn't find any. I don't use IB but will open an account f these indicators are what I hope they are.
Is IBIS another name for the Frankfurt Stock Exchange? If you know what it is or have access to IB and can checkout the indicators or have any useful suggestions please let me know.

thanks

stradd said:
Hi there firewalker, I've had a good look around and discovered that Interactive Brokers provide two indicators called IBIS-TRIN and IBIS-TICK that I have been told (on another forum) are the equivalent to the NYSE $TRIN and $TICK. I've tried to get the definition for each symbol on the IB website but couldn't find any. I don't use IB but will open an account f these indicators are what I hope they are.
Is IBIS another name for the Frankfurt Stock Exchange? If you know what it is or have access to IB and can checkout the indicators or have any useful suggestions please let me know.

thanks

Well TICK and TRIN is basically NYSE and NASDAQ.
I've just chatted with an IB representative and they said there isn't such a thing available for DAX (which is DTB / EUREX).

TICK-NYSE, TICK-NASD, TRIN-NYSE and TRIN-NASD are the only ones that I managed to plot. I think the best thing you can do is ask more information in the respective thread in the Brokerages forum on here as IBIS seems Xetra DAX indeed:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/exchanges.php?exch=ibis&showcategories=&ib_entity=llc

IBIS-TRIN and IBIS-TICK don't exist, but TICK-IBIS and TRIN-IBIS do... unfortunately I don't see any values for those symbols...

Last edited:
firewalker99 said:
I've just chatted with an IB representative and they said there isn't such a thing available for DAX (which is DTB / EUREX).

TICK-NYSE, TICK-NASD, TRIN-NYSE and TRIN-NASD are the only ones that I managed to plot. I think the best thing you can do is ask more information in the respective thread in the Brokerages forum on here as IBIS seems Xetra DAX indeed:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/exchanges.php?exch=ibis&showcategories=&ib_entity=llc

IBIS-TRIN and IBIS-TICK don't exist, but TICK-IBIS and TRIN-IBIS do... unfortunately I don't see any values for those symbols...

hi firewalker, your message was sent at 8:10pm, the TICK-IBIS (as far as I understand ) is based on the cash market and is only available between 9am and 5:30pm Frankfurt time. If you get the chance maybe you could email me a jpg of it?

Will reply to your other message now.

give me an idea on how to use those datasets and u will get those data 4free

I m sure that u dont have any idea.

firewalker99 said:

I think you need to subscribe to the German stocks bundle (or something like that). You don't get them with the futures subscription only. I don't use them, but I have seen them some time ago when I had the appropriate subscription.

dcraig1 said:
I think you need to subscribe to the German stocks bundle (or something like that). You don't get them with the futures subscription only. I don't use them, but I have seen them some time ago when I had the appropriate subscription.

Yes you're right, you need another subscription (I think cash or stocks), and I only have futures.
Sorry stradd, I won't be able to provide you with any charts of that...

firewalker99 said:
Yes you're right, you need another subscription (I think cash or stocks), and I only have futures.
Sorry stradd, I won't be able to provide you with any charts of that...

Tick and Trin are based on the number of stocks in an index making an uptick versus the number of stocks making a downtick. Therefore, I think, you will need data on all stocks in the DAX index to generate the tick or trin indicator.